New Hosts: How Do You Feel About Starting Your Hosting Adventure?

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

New Hosts: How Do You Feel About Starting Your Hosting Adventure?

842784117294841216_A007C008_230907_A4PC_FINAL.jpg

We’re thrilled to have you on board as part of our vibrant Hosting community 🎉

Embarking on a Hosting journey is an exciting experience for new Hosts. As you prepare to welcome your first guests into your homes and create new experiences, a range of emotions and expectations emerge. 

How do you feel about opening your doors to guests for the first time, and what are you most excited to learn or improve upon during your Hosting journey? 🤩

We’re here to support you every step of the way with resources, guidance and a community of experienced Hosts. Tell us what kind of support you’re looking for and what goals you’re aiming to achieve as a new Host. 👇 

Looking forward to seeing your replies, 

Rebecca 🦋 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

157 Replies 157
Ashraf65
Level 2
Lahore, Pakistan

I’ve had 2 guest so far. I worry about how unclean they make it or about breakage. But so far nothing major. My first guest left me a nice review. I have installed a key lockbox that I ordered online and I’m so excited about that because I can’t be available to hand over the keys to the house to guests all the time. I fell empowered! The cash is not bad to have too!!  

Rudolf103
Level 2
Budapest, Hungary

Hi Beki and fellow hosts!

New host here, 3 months in and loving it! Guests have been great - clean, considerate, and even go the extra mile (taking out trash, etc.). Had one small issue (wine stain), but the guest was quick to offer reimbursement. 👍 to Airbnb's two-way rating system!

My only request: please add scheduled messages and quick replies (e.g. with clickable buttons for check-in) to make communication even easier!

Overall, I'm thrilled with my hosting experience so far!

Cheers,
Rudolf

Rikke39
Level 2
Odense, Denmark

Kære Rebecca. Tak for din hilsen. 

Vi startede vores udlejningseventyr sidste år. Vores sommerhus i Danmark som ligger 100 m fra vandet. 

Vi har kun haft meget positive oplevelser med glade taknemmelige gæster som elsker vores hus og hyggelige indretning. Vi har selv renoveret det, så det gør mig glad og stolt. 

Jeg er glad for at vores hus kan ses og vælges af folk fra hele verden. 

Jeg er taknemmelig for hele den måde Airbnb fungerer på og det gør mig tryg, så det er gode gæster der kommer på besøg og som behandler huset med stor respekt. 

Af hjertet tak♥️

Rikke

Laura7477
Level 1
Rome, Italy

Hi Rebecca,

thank you so much for your kind welcome message!

I'm new on Airbnb so I would be happy to have any advice from you and the community.

best, Laura

Gaja11
Level 1
Albavilla, Italy

Hi Rebecca,

I am very happy with starting my adventure as a host on Airbnb. My first guest was along stay (25 days) and today I have my second guests for a short one so I'm courious to see the difference also on people 's behaviour (tourist vs non tourist) and to start understanding how to accomodate and prepare accordi g to the different types of guests.

My aim is to have more long stays in autumn/winter and shorter stays in spring/summer. 

Adesuwa2
Level 2
Lagos, Nigeria

Hi Rebecca ,

Thanks for reaching out  This is  truly appreciated. 

I started my Airbnb hosting journey about a month ago and I listed my first property on August 1st Although. I am a bit disappointed because I haven't gotten a single booking  but I am still here. 

I have tried a lot of things from lowering/changing my prices to  altering minimum stay but nothing seems to work Or maybe I just need to wait and see how the month  pans out ?

Regards

Adesuwa.

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Adesuwa2, welcome to Airbnb and to our Community Center.

A great suggestion for new Hosts is to initiate a 👉critique my listing' thread, where our seasoned Hosts can provide insights on improvements to enhance your chances of receiving more bookings.

I hope these tips are helpful.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Thank you Rebecca.

I  initiate the critique my listing thread right away .

Regards

Adesuwa 

Felix621
Level 2
Naples, FL

I have been using this app for quite a long time, but after what they did to me, (let a drug addict guest destroy my brand new home and brand new furniture) and offered me $174, this is offensive to me. Airbnb has not supervisors and not managers, you are left to the mercy of and app and a bunch of kids oversea. It is too risky to keep using this app. I will try a better more responsible site from now on, I'm searching in case any body can recomend me a better place. Definitely not Airbnb 

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

We are sorry about this @Felix621.

Hopefully, you are still in contact with the support team to find a solution for your case.

Regards.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

that resolution team is just one girl over email (no phone) who knows where. She closed the case already. Airbnb is worthless and scary, 

support team is just blablablabla teenagers overseas 

Annemarie277
Level 2
Thun, Switzerland

I am totally excited. I have so many new, enjoyable experiences with people from all regions and learn new things in the process. Exciting encounters, interesting conversations. I also enjoy introducing many interested people to travel destinations in my area that are worth seeing. It is a real enrichment for me.

---

I am totally excited. I have so many new, enjoyable experiences with people from all regions and learn new things in the process. Exciting encounters, interesting conversations. I also enjoy introducing many interested people to travel destinations in my area that are worth seeing. It is a real enrichment for me.

[Google translation added by OCM]

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Thank you so much for sharing this, @Annemarie277 😊

If you have any questions for our lovely Host community, please don't hesitate to start a new conversation here.

Regards,

-----

Jackson184
Level 2
Uroa, Tanzania

still I have no guest since I open for the first time last month, and actual am worry and am not happy at all kindly someone to help me about this please so that even me to start receive the reservations.