New Years Bookings blocked

Laura4301
Level 2
Austin, TX

New Years Bookings blocked

Curious if anyone else has noticed more challenges with New Years' bookings than ever? We have had two requests blocked as they were flagged for high risk however neither me nor the guest was able to determine why. We were told by at least one of the attempted reservations, that Airbnb advised they must book a longer stay to work around? Unfortunately as a result we now have no bookings for New Years-honestly would be nice as a super host for Airbnb to reach to to let us know how to support or assist.

Laura Iannelli
3 Replies 3
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Laura4301 

probably it is the result of the no-party policy, as described here:

Airbnb-announces-plan-to-crack-down-on-new-years-eve-parties/

Laura2592
Level 10
Frederick, MD

@Laura4301 we never open it as we don't want the "oh I won't have a party!" guest who actually has a party. I would suggest that other hosts who don't want to clean up after New Year's revelers do the same. 

Looking at your lovely space, you couldn't pay me enough to open it up on NY. Too much risk. 

Ha yes 100% understand not wanting to open up too, it’s definitely a fine balance when you rent/host!  We have found that 98% of our renters are great (we’ve adjusted our fees, and upgraded some of our offerings like toiletries, fluffier towels, a personalized gift basket etc a bit to avoid many of the partiers and encourage a more appreciative renter ) and enjoy knowing that we are making money when we cannot enjoy..now ironically if you are in NYC I most DEFINITELY would not open lol I’ve heard nightmares about the NYE parties!! So funny it’s all about perspective too!

btw, love your name so I had to respond also we have friends who live about an hour ish from you in Lothian 😉 they used to live in Prince Georges county so have come to LOVE that area!! 

Laura Iannelli