New to hosting

Gail760
Level 1
St. John's, Canada

New to hosting

Screenshot 2022-03-28 at 11.46.54.png

New host here and really enjoying the experience.

The space is a recently renovated ground level apartment. I'm in the process of completing the guidebook and there is lots to see and do in close proximity.

I've hosted two reservations and recieved very positive reviews. Any tips on becoming a superhost? I provide coffee and tea, wondering if I should also be providing milk. Is there a liability if it turns sour before the best before date?

Would an earlier check in time help to increase bookings?

Thank you,

Gail

https://www.airbnb.ca/rooms/575352740513930922?guests=1&adults=1&s=67&unique_share_id=59aabb2d-fa86-...

4 Replies 4

@Gail760  In my experience, most guests don't seem to notice the check-in/out times when they're comparing listings - at least not enough to affect their decision about where to book. But there are two things that would help your listing attract more bookings.

First, change the lead photo. Remember, every potential booking begins with the choice to click on a thumbnail photo in a big list of search results, so you want that photo to be one that stands out and grabs attention. A nicely composed, colorful shot of the main living area is fine, but if you also happen to have fun features like a fire pit, showing those up front would help get people excited about planning their vacation.

Secondly, your listing text (under "The Space") should describe the home's layout and amenities. The paragraph you currently have there would be a better fit for the "Location" tab.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Gail760  You need to go back and edit your description, filling out all the fields provided. The Space, Guest Access, Other Things to Note. 

You have no description of the actual accommodation you are renting at all. 

Do you live upstairs? If so, you should state that. Is there a potential for noise from hearing footsteps and such from upstairs? If so, mention that. You say the place is adjacent to shopping mall. If there is traffic noise and such, that should also be mentioned.

I don't quite understand the "ground floor" description. I can see a car tire outside the living room window above the couch. Which makes it look more like a basement, rather than ground floor unit. 

Laurelle3
Level 10
Huskisson, Australia

@Gail760 as @Anonymous says change the lead photo like the one you have posted and then what people are looking for e.g. kitchen, bedrooms, bathroom, view from windows.

Also @Sarah977 mentions describing your accommodation as to why it would appeal to guests. I like the idea that you mentioned that it was close to hospital as one of your reviews mentioned. Mention how close the shop is for short term supplies or close resturant because if guests are using your place for medical treatment or appointments they may not want to go to far for food or eat out. 

Also check on what other accommodation near yours have written or their photos as this also can help guide you.

I found that I have changed the photos occassionally and have changed my description of my accommodation when guests mention something. In the beginning it can be overwelming getting your property ready. After youhave gone online you can always tweak it by adding or removing  something for the better.   

Gail760
Level 1
St. John's, Canada

Thank you for the advice and feedback folks, greatly appreciated.