New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here (Updated)

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here (Updated)

Hello everyone,

A warm welcome to the Community Center. 

This discussion is for introducing yourself to your fellow Airbnb Community members, as well as welcoming and saying hello to newcomers in return. Thanks to all of you who have already introduced yourself and contributed in our previous thread, here.  

I'm Lizzie and I am the Community Manager here, along with my teammate @Quincy. I have been managing the Airbnb Community Center since it officially opened in November 2015. It is fantastic to speak with amazing community members here. 

To kickstart this topic, I would like to share a few things about myself:

1. I love to travel, hot or cold it doesn't matter - I'm ready with my sun lotion or a raincoat! 
  2. I play several instruments, but my main one is the flute. I always enjoy a good conversation about music. 
  3. Lastly, over the past year I have become very interested in all things eco/sustainablilty related.

How about you? Any interesting facts or hobbies?

I'm looking forward to hearing from you. 

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

456 Replies 456
Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello everybody,

I am Quincy, the Community Center Coordinator for the English speaking Airbnb community. I've been around for a little while now, and I feel nostalgic to introduce myself again as it reminds me of my first day as a newbie on the CC, but also amazes me how quickly time actually passes :-). 

To introduce myself a little, I'd like to share a couple of things with you:

1. Just like Lizzie, I am also a big fan of travelling around may it be warm or cold! 
2. I enjoy watching football (I used to be to quite good at it in the past!) 

3. I like going to the gym for some swimming, tennis, and, of course, a good workout.

I like being part of the community, and I have actively been an Airbnb host myself. I enjoy being able to give a hand wherever I can.

I look forward to getting to know all of you.

I hope to hear from you soon!

Quincy

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Hi Lizzie and Quincy, 

My name is Cari and I am a retired mom of 3 (25, 27 and 35). We moved to California 5 years ago after living in Paris, France for 3+ years and making some wonderful friends there.

This is our (my husband and myself) first time to try Airbnb.  We've never hosted before or even stayed in one, yet!

We do have friends in Le Marais in Paris who have an Airbnb and we have received some great tips from them.

Airbnb on the Coast of California is tricky because of all the zoning regulations.  I honestly need all the help/tips I can get.  

Honestly, the first question I have is how to prepare online for our first renters?  I am talking about after you commit and publish... then what? 

Hi Quincy

This is Mizanur form Brunei Darussalam. I am a host and co-host for few property in Brunei, Malaysia and Bangladesh. I want to get in touch with Airbnb community. I am very proud to become one of the member of Airbnb Community.

Hope we will exchange our view and ideas for better opportunity.

Thank you

Regards

Mizanur

Russell174
Level 2
Patterson Lakes, Australia

Hi Quincy and all of you around The World.

I am Rusty from Melbourne, Australia.

I have been a Superhost for a few years but I am frustrated that whenever I have a question of Airbnb I can never get onto an email help line or phone number to discuss it. Surely a company as large as this can afford to pay professionals to be on the end of a line to discuss questions rather than rely on the goodwill of volunteers such as yourselves... even though your collective help is an extremely useful fall-back.

Is Airbnb just a money-making electronic machine run by robots without any human interaction or am I mistakenly disillusioned? 

Cheers,

Rusty

Dear Russell

I agree with you Airbnb should improve the service quality by appointing professionals. There other competitor is in this market like OYO Home, if Airbnb fail to meet host and customer requirement they will lose the business opportunity. 

Hope the Airbnb management team understand the current market trend and improve their service.

Thank you for raise this issue.

With best regards

Mizanur Asia 

Pamela682
Level 2
Croydon, United Kingdom

Hello Quincy! I am please to be on board as part of your community.  My name is Pamela and I am new to Airbnb. I only agree to join finally in August 2019. Although I attempted to join a few years ago. I hope that as part of this community we can share ideas and have a quite fantastic time together. 

Looking forward to hear more about the community and how I can be involve.

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Welcome @Pamela682! Thank you so much for taking some time to introduce yourself and exploring the community!

You can find a lot of helpful information here shared by fellow hosts! Also, feel free to create your own topics or perhaps ask any questions you may have. 

Quincy 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

hey Quincy & Lizzie ! I am glad that i joined the community, my name is Meriyem i am from Morocco and been a traveler using airbnb for a couple of years but haven't became a host until 2018 and i've been enjoying it since despite my destination not being as popular since i am hosting experiences but still whenever i get to meet new people from across the globe it's a real pleasure and i enjoy it more than my 9 to 6 job 😄 , it goes without saying that i love to travel try new foods new experiences and get to know cultures while benefiting local people and communities ! 

Hi Quincy,

My name is Blake Spears and I rent out my primary home a few times a year in Oakland, California.  I'm new to the Community Forum and am trying to find a co-host in my area so that I can rent out my home during travel at the end of the year.  I'm afraid that I'm having trouble finding the right 'area' in the many menus on this site to search for a co-host or management company in my area.  Any recommendations that anyone can provide would be most helpful.

Best regards,

Blake

Hello Blake, My name is Carley and I am looking for the appropriate way to search for host's that would like to have a co-host. I am not even sure how to discuss this with you but I am certainly willing to.

Thank you.

Carley

Hello Mr Spears, I'm Dr Rashel Pouri Study psychology in here. At this moment , I'm hosting couple property and Looking for co Hosting. Please check My website . Would love to work with you.

Regards

Dr Pouri

@ Blake My website is     www. Bookinginla.com

Tadesse1
Level 2
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia

helo everyone i love the conversation ,i love music and to talk about it;thank u!!!!!!!!

Hello, thanks for the email.  Question though . . . Is this where we get answers to specific questions?  Or just a forum for conversation? I’m guessing We are all in similar circumstances, I’m in Wanaka, New Zealand, our borders are closed, we do have domestic travellers. How do I maximise occupancy in these times?  I’ve slashed the price, and tweaked the listing, buIlt a ski/bike storage shed, not sure what else to do.  Thanks everyone.