New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here ‌👇

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here ‌👇

Hello everyone! 😊

Welcome to the Community Center! 👋  I'm @Bhumika , one of the Community Managers for our English Community Center along with my lovely team members @Quincy @Paula @Rebecca  and @Elisa  and we are thrilled to have you join us.

Let's kickstart this thread with a little about us Community Managers:

@Quincy : I'm from the Netherlands 🇳🇱 I have been on the Community Center for 6+ years, and have been an Airbnb Host myself. I love cycling🚲, playing football, and travelling🌏 . I love how dynamic and diverse the Community Center is as we meet Hosts from all around the globe. 

@Bhumika 🌍 I was born in Gujarat, India 🇮🇳 , and shifted to Toronto, Canada 🇨🇦 last year! 📷 I recently realized my love for photography and aesthetics. I love to capture mundane life and candid pictures. 🌆 When I'm not working, you'll find me binge-watching thriller movies or exploring history.

@Paula : I am from Colombia 🇨🇴 and currently living in British Columbia, Canada 🇨🇦. I have a passion for Latin American culture (I love to dance 💃) . I've had the opportunity to visit around 20 countries 🌎 and plan to visit many more. In my free time, I enjoy outdoor activities, especially mountain biking 🚲 and hiking 🏔.

@Rebecca : I'm from Cardiff in Wales originally but being a military child and a veterans spouse, I've travelled and lived in a lot of different places in the UK and Europe. I'm an environmentalist 🌿 and like to minimise my impact on the planet 🌎 as well as volunteering in my local community.  I love sea swimming 🌊 yoga on the beach 🧘‍ and I'm a children's yoga instructor too! 🙌 

@Elisa : I was born in Italy 🇮🇹 and as a lover of unique experiences—from exploring the streets of Rome🇮🇹 , Paris 🇫🇷, and Toronto 🇨🇦 to appreciating timeless art and cuisine—I'm here to blend the old with the new. 

Now it's your turn! Tell us a bit about yourself. Where are you from? And is there something special about the location of your accommodation that you'd like to share?

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Warm regards,

Bhumika

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

3,265 Replies 3,265
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Joann1864 , We welcome you to our Community Center with great pleasure 😍.

With the approaching holiday season, there would be a lot of exciting events and sights to look forward to in the area and I am sure it would bring some great guests for you. Your listing seems like a great getaway for families. 

Is there anything specific about your home or the neighborhood that you're especially excited to share with your potential guests?

-----

There's the Ave of the Arts that's closeby,there's the annual Christmas village that starts on Thanksgiving and the annual Thanksgiving Day Parade to name a few

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Wow!! That is something😍 @Joann1864 ! Seems like a lot of events are lined-up for the holiday season. Do keep us posted by sharing pictures if you happen to visit the Christmas village or the Annual Parade!! We would love to virtually join these celebrations💝!

-----

Andrea6917
Level 2
Winter Haven, FL

Hi my name is Ande I live in central Florida. I’m from the UK originally but emigrated to the USA when I was 22. I love all of the US but especially the Colorado area where I lived for a year. My passions are baking, gardening and crafting furnishings for my beautiful home and airbnb. I’m about to expand from a single cottage to adding a second suite on Airbnb while still living in the remainder of my historic home. I have been a super host for almost three years.

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Andrea6917 , Although I read about you in another thread and commented there, your mention of bakery and gardening makes me really curious😍! Me and my husband are still trying to get into both of these and looking to identify a starting point😝.. Do you recommend any baking recipes or gardening tips for starters like us? 

We have one of our Community member @Holland6 who is also actively crafting some furnitures for his listing! Would you like to share some of your work with us and other Hosts?

-----

@Bhumika 

Hi in reply to the gardening ideas: I live in Florida so have everything growing in walls and big planters as the soil is very acid. I grow basil tomatoes and flowers to pick for the house and cottage. 
jam I make from any excess fruit in the area plum, peach strawberry. I freeze excess fruit till I have enough to make a batch of jam.

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

That sounds intriguing @Andrea6917 ! Thank you for sharing these ideas with me. Eagerly waiting for next summer to build up on this idea😍.

-----

my Airbnb bookings are so much lower this year than last year, same with my neighboring hosts. Is there a trend in the community with lower bookings?

Sophia
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey @Andrea6917, that is a great question! Please feel free to create a conversation asking that question 
https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/forums/postpage/choose-node/true I'm sure many fellow Hosts will respond and share their experiences

-----

Pradeep77
Level 1
Yonkers, NY

Born and brought up in India but moved to US about 10 years back..I retired from Retail industry and then found my passion for painting.. i am a big movie buff also.. this my very first day with Airbnb as host and I am excited to meet all the different people here. 
My place has beautiful view of wooded area and now a days, I  am enjoying all the beautiful colors of the fall from my window. 

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Pradeep77 , It's great to meet you and If I may ask, where from India you are? I am from Gujarat and have visited Delhi, Kerala, Himachal Pradesh and Mumbai Often! Is there any specific place from India that you miss often?

Your journey sounds really fascinating and I am sure the fall colors would be inspiring you to create a great piece of art. We do have a few artists plus Hosts here in our Community Center, one of whom we dearly cherish @Robin4😍‌. 

With your passion for movies, do you have any favorite films or genres that you particularly enjoy? And, on your first day as an Airbnb host, what are you looking forward to the most in meeting your guests?

-----

Dunia25
Level 2
Ottawa, Canada

Hi there! 

My name is Dunia and I’m from Ottawa Ontario (🇨🇦). I’m very excited to be part of this community and I’m especially eager to learn from experienced hosts 🤝. I’m new to Airbnb hosting but my family and I have just over two years of experience hosting international high school students from all over the world 🌎!

Fun fact about me: my name means "The World" in about a dozen different languages (Arabic, Swahili, Farsi, Turkish, Urdu, Hindi, Gujarati, Indonesian, and the list goes on…😋

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Dunia25 ! Greetings to my dearest fellow Canadian😍. We are as excited to welcome you to our Community Center as you🌻. I am a Gujarati too, and as soon as I read your name I was quite convinced on how unique and beautiful it is😄!! 

With your background, do you have any tips or insights that you've found particularly helpful in providing a welcoming stay for your guests?

-----

Mpange0
Level 1
Johannesburg, South Africa

Hi there.

I’m Mpange based in South Africa Johannesburg. I enjoy music, interior styling and architecture. My place is a gem where people get a glimpse of the beautiful life between Parkhurst, Hyde park and Sandton, the richest per square mile in Africa. 

I enjoy luxurious experiences and definitely aim to give my guests what I like. 

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Mpange0 , It's wonderful to hear from you and a very warm welcome to our Community Center🌻. Your love for music, interior styling, and architecture sounds very interesting. What kind of music you usually enjoy the most?

The location of your listing sounds amazing! As you mentioned about your interest in architecture and interior designing, has it influenced your listing and design of your space or made designing your listing easier for you?

-----