New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here โ€Œ๐Ÿ‘‡

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here โ€Œ๐Ÿ‘‡

Hello everyone! ๐Ÿ˜Š

Welcome to the Community Center! ๐Ÿ‘‹  I'm @Bhumika , one of the Community Managers for our English Community Center along with my lovely team members @Quincy @Paula @Rebecca  and @Elisa  and we are thrilled to have you join us.

Let's kickstart this thread with a little about us Community Managers:

@Quincy : I'm from the Netherlands ๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ฑ I have been on the Community Center for 6+ years, and have been an Airbnb Host myself. I love cycling๐Ÿšฒ, playing footballโšฝ, and travelling๐ŸŒ . I love how dynamic and diverse the Community Center is as we meet Hosts from all around the globe. 

@Bhumika ๐ŸŒ I was born in Gujarat, India ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ณ , and shifted to Toronto, Canada ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ last year! ๐Ÿ“ท I recently realized my love for photography and aesthetics. I love to capture mundane life and candid pictures. ๐ŸŒ† When I'm not working, you'll find me binge-watching thriller movies or exploring history.

@Paula : I am from Colombia ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ด and currently living in British Columbia, Canada ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ. I have a passion for Latin American culture (I love to dance ๐Ÿ’ƒ) . I've had the opportunity to visit around 20 countries ๐ŸŒŽ and plan to visit many more. In my free time, I enjoy outdoor activities, especially mountain biking ๐Ÿšฒ and hiking ๐Ÿ”.

@Rebecca : I'm from Cardiff in Wales originally but being a military child and a veterans spouse, I've travelled and lived in a lot of different places in the UK and Europe. I'm an environmentalist ๐ŸŒฟ and like to minimise my impact on the planet ๐ŸŒŽ as well as volunteering in my local community.  I love sea swimming ๐ŸŒŠ yoga on the beach ๐Ÿง˜โ€ and I'm a children's yoga instructor too! ๐Ÿ™Œ 

@Elisa : I was born in Italy ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡น and as a lover of unique experiencesโ€”from exploring the streets of Rome๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡น , Paris ๐Ÿ‡ซ๐Ÿ‡ท, and Toronto ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ to appreciating timeless art and cuisineโ€”I'm here to blend the old with the new. 

Now it's your turn! Tell us a bit about yourself. Where are you from? And is there something special about the location of your accommodation that you'd like to share?

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Warm regards,

Bhumika

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

3,271 Replies 3,271
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Mpange0 , It's wonderful to hear from you and a very warm welcome to our Community Center๐ŸŒป. Your love for music, interior styling, and architecture sounds very interesting. What kind of music you usually enjoy the most?

The location of your listing sounds amazing! As you mentioned about your interest in architecture and interior designing, has it influenced your listing and design of your space or made designing your listing easier for you?

-----

Judy992
Level 1
Watsonville, CA

Hello Bhumika;

I've listed our airbnb recently!  

https://www.airbnb.ca/rooms/978404571124439032?source_impression_id=p3_1699305199_g3K0XWH%2F%2Bo5pFE...

Why isn't it showing up on the map?  

thanks, 

Judy 

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Judy992 , If I may ask , how much time it has been since you listed your lovely listing? After you publish your listing it should be visible within 24 hours. But it may take up to 72 hours for some listings to show up in search results. 

Keep us posted if you still face any issues if this time period has already passed for you. Wishing you all the best with your Hosting journey๐ŸŒป!

-----

Hi Bhumika, my name is Rachael and I am from the United States. I have a few properties across Alabama and am about to launch one in Georgia! I am excited to have this community available. 

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Rachael394 ! We are super excited to have you in our Community Center!  

Managing properties across multiple states must be quite an experience.

With your venture in managing properties, do you have any tips or insights you'd be willing to share with fellow Hosts in the community?

-----

Jamie1146
Level 2
Cheyenne, WY

Hello! This is my husband and my very first Airbnb! I launched it a couple of weeks ago. I live in Wyoming. I love hospitality and organizing. I am excited to see where this venture takes us! 

Jamie

Sophia
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey @Jamie1146, I hope you're well ๐Ÿ˜Š. Congratulations on becoming a Host! ๐ŸŽ‰ Your listing looks super cosy ๐Ÿ˜. We look forward to hearing more about your journey. 

Best wishes,
Sophia

-----

Hello, I'm David. I really like to travel a lot and I like to talk with people and get some advice about life, business and goals. I hope we all get along!

Thaseen0
Level 1
Bengaluru, India

Hey Bhumika....

This is Thaseen from India, Bangalore.

I have listed my property on Airbnb a few days ago.

I have an independent duplex house of 6 bedrooms,in which I want to let out 1 bedroom for girls as of now.As I am new to this concept I want to personally see how it works and later let out all the rooms.

I hope I am on the right track.

Waiting for people to book my room.

Thank you.

Hello everyone,

I  hope you are keeping well.

Glad I joined.

I look forward to many engagements.

Brief introduction below;

Name ;Maryann

Location; Mombasa ,Kenya (Africa Continent)

I look forward to hosting guests who look forward to sight see  the coastal region.

Beautiful beaches, game parks ,marine parks  available.

Kind Regards,

Maryann W Kanyi

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Maryann269 Welcome to the Airbnb Community ๐Ÿ˜Š,

Would you like to share some pictures of Mombasa, Kenya? This place looks like a very unique destination, and it would be great for our international community to see some photos from there.

All the best,

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Michael8178
Level 2
Acheson, Canada

Hi Bhumika,

my name is Michael. I am from Alberta, Canada. I am a sports fan and a social person. I enjoy traveling and hope to have some beautiful Airbnbโ€™s such as some I have visited.
I just opened up my 1st AirBNB and am ecstatic about getting started in hosting my first guests. Iโ€™m going a little stir crazy waiting for my first guests, but know it will be great!

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Michael8178, welcome to our Community,

It's great that you have found our forum at the beginning of your hosting journey. Here, you will find plenty of advice from experienced Hosts ๐Ÿ˜Š

I am sharing a conversation ๐Ÿ‘‰here where many of our Hosts were discussing how long it took to get their first booking; this could provide you with some additional insights.

I'm also sharing another conversation ๐Ÿ‘‰here where Hosts shared their initial experiences with Airbnb. You'll find some very exciting stories there.

Please feel free to ask any questions you have ๐Ÿ‘‰here, as our wonderful Hosts will be happy to share their opinions.

All the best.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Justin1827
Level 2
Las Vegas, NV

Justin here, hosting in Vegas for 2+ years and working with GLVSTRA to get AIRBNB legal and regulated.  Are there any plans for bringing 3d tours onto the platform?

Sophia
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Justin1827, I hope you're well ๐Ÿ˜Š. How is your hosting journey going so far? 
3D tours sounds like a cool idea, you can fill in a feedback form here to share your suggestion:  https://www.airbnb.co.uk/help/feedback 

Best wishes, 
Sophia

-----