New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here โ€Œ๐Ÿ‘‡

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here โ€Œ๐Ÿ‘‡

Hello everyone! ๐Ÿ˜Š

Welcome to the Community Center! ๐Ÿ‘‹  I'm @Bhumika , one of the Community Managers for our English Community Center along with my lovely team members @Quincy @Paula and @Rebecca   and we are thrilled to have you join us.

Let's kickstart this thread with a little about us Community Managers:

@Quincy : I'm from the Netherlands ๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ฑ I have been on the Community Center for 6+ years, and have been an Airbnb Host myself. I love cycling๐Ÿšฒ, playing footballโšฝ, and travelling๐ŸŒ . I love how dynamic and diverse the Community Center is as we meet Hosts from all around the globe. 

@Bhumika ๐ŸŒ I was born in Gujarat, India ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ณ , and shifted to Toronto, Canada ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ last year! ๐Ÿ“ท I recently realized my love for photography and aesthetics. I love to capture mundane life and candid pictures. ๐ŸŒ† When I'm not working, you'll find me binge-watching thriller movies or exploring history.

@Paula : I am from Colombia ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ด and currently living in British Columbia, Canada ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ. I have a passion for Latin American culture (I love to dance ๐Ÿ’ƒ) . I've had the opportunity to visit around 20 countries ๐ŸŒŽ and plan to visit many more. In my free time, I enjoy outdoor activities, especially mountain biking ๐Ÿšฒ and hiking ๐Ÿ”.

@Rebecca : I'm from Cardiff in Wales originally but being a military child and a veterans spouse, I've travelled and lived in a lot of different places in the UK and Europe. I'm an environmentalist ๐ŸŒฟ and like to minimise my impact on the planet ๐ŸŒŽ as well as volunteering in my local community.  I love sea swimming ๐ŸŒŠ yoga on the beach ๐Ÿง˜โ€ and I'm a children's yoga instructor too! ๐Ÿ™Œ 

@Elisa : I was born in Italy ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡น and as a lover of unique experiencesโ€”from exploring the streets of Rome๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡น , Paris ๐Ÿ‡ซ๐Ÿ‡ท, and Toronto ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ to appreciating timeless art and cuisineโ€”I'm here to blend the old with the new. 

Now it's your turn! Tell us a bit about yourself. Where are you from? And is there something special about the location of your accommodation that you'd like to share?

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Warm regards,

Bhumika

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

2,878 Replies 2,878

Thank you Bhumika! 
I still feel like there is so much to learn about being a co-host! I have two long time friends in the str business that needed someone to help them in multiple ways and they thought i'd be a good match.  here we are just over a year later and I really enjoy it!

tips or advise?
Be your authentic self, and smile when you are messaging your guests! So much is lost in messaging, so do your best to make your personality come through!

Cheers!

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Definitely some great tips @Dave1388 ! I so much agree that smiling is a powerful act that can bring people closer.๐Ÿ˜  

Hope you continue having such a great journey and keep sharing your positivity with us๐ŸŒป!

-----

Toufla0
Level 3
Marrakesh, Morocco

Hello everyone 

Thank you managers for allowing me to the community center โ˜บ๏ธ

I am Toufla from Marrakech Morocco. Iโ€™ve just joined Airbnb as a host, offering my unoccupied room for female guests.
Having worked in the airline industry for many years meeting travelers around the world during work or personal trips. I gathered a rich experience to share with my new guests. 
I will come back here if I require further assistance 

thanks in advance and good luck to All 

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Toufla0 It is so great to read about you and I love how you have travelled and met so many travellers across the globe. It would have been such a great experience to know and come across different people. Do you have any anecdotes or encounters that may have inspired you or made you wonder how wonderful the world is?

-----

Alex11158
Level 1
Riverside, CA

Hi Bumika - Thanks for inviting me.  I am a Marriott Vacation Club points and Use-Week owner.  Interested in listing my vacations for AirBnB travelers.   I'll stay in touch to learn about how other owners are successfully listing their vacation resorts.  Thanks! 

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Alex11158 , It is so great to learn a bit about you and your interests!

Our Community Center is a great place to start connecting with other Hosts๐Ÿ˜! We look forward to your interactions with Hosts and hear more from you!

Are there specific aspects or details you're particularly curious about when it comes to listing your vacation resorts?

-----

Michelle3832
Level 1
Colorado Springs, CO

Hello.  I am brand new to hosting.  We are in Colorado Springs Colorado, a wonderful city with year round outdoor activities.

id like to make my property a mtr, for corporate housing but havenโ€™t found the way into that part of airbnb

Good afternoon @Michelle3832 , welcome to Airbnb hosting I really enjoy meeting folk from all over. Iโ€™ve been a super host the last 3 years  that I have an Airbnb in central Florida. I spent a year in Colorado and would love to connect with others in the Airbnb world. Iโ€™m new to this community center but as Iโ€™m about to open a new suite thought it would be fun to meet other hosts : )

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Michelle3832 , welcome to the Airbnb Community Center and we are so delighted to have you here!  It is great to hear that Colorado Springs offers a great backdrop for year-round  outdoor activities.

Are you considering to create a guidebook of these nearby activities for your guests? Guidebook usually present a great way to let guests know what are the most suitable activities/places they can find near your listings.

Thought of sharing this help article in case you were interested : Create a guidebook to share your local tips !

Do keep us posted if you happen to prepare a guidebook!๐Ÿ˜

-----

Charity75
Level 2
Indianapolis, IN

I was born and raised in the US - Florida, Virginia, and Indiana. Iโ€™m so excited to be a part of this community and learn to be an awesome host. Iโ€™ve always loved being hospitable. I love to travel and I lived for 3 years in the UK. I have 4 kids, all married, and now 4 grandkids as well.
 I have just opened an Airbnb - a 3 BR house - close to Purdue University. I booked my first guest just a few hours after my listing went live. She checked in just hours later and now my first stay is complete. I am eager to learn and be successful at this!

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Charity75 , A hearty welcome to the Community Center๐ŸŒป!

What an amazing news that you received your first booking just a few hours after your listing went live! Such a great start๐Ÿ˜.  How did it all go with your first guest? I hope they have enjoyed your hospitality and this has boosted your confidence in becoming a successful Host!!

Wishing you great success in this venture๐Ÿค—!

-----

Just going through my inbox to try to clean up and realized I hadn't responded to this wonderful welcome note. Thank you so much. I've completed 6 stays and have had a very full first 6 weeks. (One reason why I'm so behind on my inbox!) Although my first guest didn't leave a review I've had nothing but 5 star reviews since. It has been very rewarding and I look forward to many more!

Thanks for your kind words and support!

Charity

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Oh my God @Charity75!!! That is so great to hear๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜. Hope the new year brings in more such great guests and experiences for you๐ŸŒป.

Would you like to share your experiences related to these bookings and share tips with other new Hosts. We would love to hear your tips on how you're ensuring a comfortable stay for your guests? You may do so by starting a new conversation here. 

Looking forward to the amazing stories you've to share๐Ÿ˜. Keep in touch and all the very best!!

-----

Joann1864
Level 2
Philadelphia, PA

I'm Joann Palladino and I just joined. I have a 3BR 2BA home in the sports district of Philadelphia Pa.I have not had any listing yet but hope to see some activity soon Philadelphia has some great sights and activities especially with the upcoming holiday season and its rich in culture and history. 

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Joann1864 , We welcome you to our Community Center with great pleasure ๐Ÿ˜.

With the approaching holiday season, there would be a lot of exciting events and sights to look forward to in the area and I am sure it would bring some great guests for you. Your listing seems like a great getaway for families. 

Is there anything specific about your home or the neighborhood that you're especially excited to share with your potential guests?

-----