New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here โ€Œ๐Ÿ‘‡

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here โ€Œ๐Ÿ‘‡

Hello everyone! ๐Ÿ˜Š

Welcome to the Community Center! ๐Ÿ‘‹  I'm @Bhumika , one of the Community Managers for our English Community Center along with my lovely team members @Quincy @Paula and @Rebecca   and we are thrilled to have you join us.

Let's kickstart this thread with a little about us Community Managers:

@Quincy : I'm from the Netherlands ๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ฑ I have been on the Community Center for 6+ years, and have been an Airbnb Host myself. I love cycling๐Ÿšฒ, playing footballโšฝ, and travelling๐ŸŒ . I love how dynamic and diverse the Community Center is as we meet Hosts from all around the globe. 

@Bhumika ๐ŸŒ I was born in Gujarat, India ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ณ , and shifted to Toronto, Canada ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ last year! ๐Ÿ“ท I recently realized my love for photography and aesthetics. I love to capture mundane life and candid pictures. ๐ŸŒ† When I'm not working, you'll find me binge-watching thriller movies or exploring history.

@Paula : I am from Colombia ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ด and currently living in British Columbia, Canada ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ. I have a passion for Latin American culture (I love to dance ๐Ÿ’ƒ) . I've had the opportunity to visit around 20 countries ๐ŸŒŽ and plan to visit many more. In my free time, I enjoy outdoor activities, especially mountain biking ๐Ÿšฒ and hiking ๐Ÿ”.

@Rebecca : I'm from Cardiff in Wales originally but being a military child and a veterans spouse, I've travelled and lived in a lot of different places in the UK and Europe. I'm an environmentalist ๐ŸŒฟ and like to minimise my impact on the planet ๐ŸŒŽ as well as volunteering in my local community.  I love sea swimming ๐ŸŒŠ yoga on the beach ๐Ÿง˜โ€ and I'm a children's yoga instructor too! ๐Ÿ™Œ 

@Elisa : I was born in Italy ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡น and as a lover of unique experiencesโ€”from exploring the streets of Rome๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡น , Paris ๐Ÿ‡ซ๐Ÿ‡ท, and Toronto ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ to appreciating timeless art and cuisineโ€”I'm here to blend the old with the new. 

Now it's your turn! Tell us a bit about yourself. Where are you from? And is there something special about the location of your accommodation that you'd like to share?

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Warm regards,

Bhumika

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

2,918 Replies 2,918
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Puspadyah0 ! Welcome to our amazing Community and thank you for sharing about your journey.

If you happen to have any questions related to Hosting or need any help with navigating through the listing settings, please feel free to share them by starting a new conversation here . All of our Hosts in our Community are super helpful and would love to connect with you for answering your questions with their suggestions/tips!

-----

Hi Diane. Iโ€™m new to the community also. My property is located in Brunswick, Georgia on the Atlantic Coast. My excitement of welcoming my first guest in November 2023 is a feeling I hope will remain for many guest to come. Praying hospitality doesnโ€™t get old any time soon. 

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Diane1521It's fantastic to hear that your journey as a Host is off to a great start!

Hosting a home in North Carolina sounds delightful, and it's great how you strive to create a cozy and relaxing atmosphere for your guests. If you have any stories or tips to share from your hosting experience, we'd love to hear them! ๐Ÿ˜

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Heather1820
Level 1
Calgary, Canada

Good Morning from Western Canada! I have listed our home on the beautiful archipelago of Haida Gwaii in the Pacific Northwest of Canada........today! We are a remote community full of wildlife and fabulous people. I look forward to sharing our space with guests worldwide. Have a wonderful day everyone! 

Sophia
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Heather1820, your listing is very homely and cosy ๐Ÿ˜. We look forward to hearing more about your Hosting journey, best of luck! ๐Ÿ˜Š

-----

Laura6884
Level 2
British Columbia, Canada

Hello from Pender Island, one of the small Northern Gulf Islands off the Western Coast of British Columbia, Canada.  I host a sweet private  loft overlooking a old growth forest towards majestic sunsets.  Our neighbors are deer, eagles and other wildlife, with mountain hikes and beaches in every direction.  It has been paradise and I feel blessed to share the experience with both local and far away travelers.

I also reside in Victoria BC (a ferry hop away from Pender) where I  offer services in co-hosting for the Airbnb community.  Great to connect and to learn more about the experiences of other hosts. 

All the best!  Laura

Sophia
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey @Laura6884, your listing is so cosy ๐Ÿ˜ looking at the photos makes me want to curl up in front of a fireplace with a hot chocolate! โ˜•
The forest view is magical! ๐ŸŒณ
I hope one day I get to visit Canada! โœˆ๏ธ 

-----

Polly164
Level 4
Geelong, Australia

Hello everyone! I am new here, been Hosting nearly 3 months. In Geelong, Victoria, Australia. I also work casually as an academic, and summers are good for bookings, but tough for consistent university work. Been enjoying creating a thoughtful and safe space for guests. Also a pet lover, so am loving having guests bring their pets. 

Nice to meet you! 

Polly B 

Sophia
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey @Polly164 Welcome! How is your Hosting journey going so far? ๐Ÿ˜Š I am also a pet lover, I have a cat ๐Ÿ˜บ called Nimki, she is a fully grown adult cat but acts like a kitten sometimes! Do you have any pets?

-----

Yes, I love both dogs and cats. I have befriended my neighbour's cat, who loves to visit. His name is Gyra, and he is incredibly sweet and cuddly. I sometimes dog-sit my sister's Miniature Schnauzer, too, who is a lot more excitable but equally cuddly.

Sadly, my dear ginger cat of 20 years passed away 18 months ago, so I am not quite ready to take on the full responsibility for another. He and Gyra became friends in his final weeks. He was such a dear cat, who met about a hundred university colleagues in our Zoom meetings. Some days, I think he was more of a part of meetings than I was! Haha.

Hi Iโ€™m from London but moved up north here in Manchester wigan and have been trying to connect with other host and learn more as I just started my Airbnb journey..very quiet up north tho ๐Ÿ˜Š

Sophia
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey @Odiase0 fellow Londoner here! ๐Ÿ‘‹๐Ÿฝ How are you finding it settling up North? Do you miss the hustle and bustle of London? ๐Ÿ˜…

-----

Hi@sophia yeah I miss the London hustle and bustle ๐Ÿคฃwish I could come back but we will see what happensโ€ฆhow is business going down there?you loving it ๐Ÿ˜Š 

Sophia
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Odiase0
I wish you the very best of luck, I hope settling goes well! ๐Ÿคž๐ŸฝI'm not a Host, I'm a Community Manager for the Community Center ๐Ÿ˜Ž 

-----

Im a new host in Burbank, CA!