New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here โ€Œ๐Ÿ‘‡

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here โ€Œ๐Ÿ‘‡

Hello everyone! ๐Ÿ˜Š

Welcome to the Community Center! ๐Ÿ‘‹  I'm @Bhumika , one of the Community Managers for our English Community Center along with my lovely team members @Quincy @Paula and @Rebecca   and we are thrilled to have you join us.

Let's kickstart this thread with a little about us Community Managers:

@Quincy : I'm from the Netherlands ๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ฑ I have been on the Community Center for 6+ years, and have been an Airbnb Host myself. I love cycling๐Ÿšฒ, playing footballโšฝ, and travelling๐ŸŒ . I love how dynamic and diverse the Community Center is as we meet Hosts from all around the globe. 

@Bhumika ๐ŸŒ I was born in Gujarat, India ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ณ , and shifted to Toronto, Canada ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ last year! ๐Ÿ“ท I recently realized my love for photography and aesthetics. I love to capture mundane life and candid pictures. ๐ŸŒ† When I'm not working, you'll find me binge-watching thriller movies or exploring history.

@Paula : I am from Colombia ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ด and currently living in British Columbia, Canada ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ. I have a passion for Latin American culture (I love to dance ๐Ÿ’ƒ) . I've had the opportunity to visit around 20 countries ๐ŸŒŽ and plan to visit many more. In my free time, I enjoy outdoor activities, especially mountain biking ๐Ÿšฒ and hiking ๐Ÿ”.

@Rebecca : I'm from Cardiff in Wales originally but being a military child and a veterans spouse, I've travelled and lived in a lot of different places in the UK and Europe. I'm an environmentalist ๐ŸŒฟ and like to minimise my impact on the planet ๐ŸŒŽ as well as volunteering in my local community.  I love sea swimming ๐ŸŒŠ yoga on the beach ๐Ÿง˜โ€ and I'm a children's yoga instructor too! ๐Ÿ™Œ 

Now it's your turn! Tell us a bit about yourself. Where are you from? And is there something special about the location of your accommodation that you'd like to share?

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Warm regards,

Bhumika

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

2,460 Replies 2,460
Paul10664
Level 2
Lake Arrowhead, CA

I'm new and my name is Newman.  If you like the salad dressing then you know my first name too.  Excited to have found out about the opportunity to be a co host and help to the community.  Hello, Hello!!

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Paul10664, welcome to the Airbnb Community Center ๐Ÿ˜Š

I see that you are a Superhost, congratulations ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘. How long have you held this badge? How has your experience with Airbnb been so far?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Christopher1912
Level 2
New York, NY

My Name is Chris. I just posted my first rental ever on Airbnb and will probably use this space to ask any questions since everyone is most likely way more experienced than me at this ๐Ÿ˜…

Jennifer4443
Level 2
Pasadena, TX

Good Evening!  My name is Jennifer and my husbandโ€™s name is Nestor. We live in Houston and have a home in East Downtown Houston! We host more long term stays (3 month minimum) and gear more towards professionals vs people vacationing. I was a travel nurse myself and learned a lot from living in another state what makes a place super comfy! We love to travel ourselves. I hope to learn a lot from this community to be successful in this field. 

Ben6039
Level 2
London Borough of Wandsworth, United Kingdom

Hi there @Bhumika,  @Quincy  @Paula @@Sophia  & @Rebecca!

My name is Ben & i am a Londoner.

I was born in the East end with an English & Irish heritage & i now live in South London, where at least 5 generations of my family have been.

My father was in the Royal Marines & was a parachute instructor & so we moved overseas & around the south of England a fair bit. I have always been an outdoors person.  This set me up for life & i have managed to see another 33 wonderful lands so far & hope to experience many many more. 

I settled back in London 9 years ago & started AirBnB 4 months ago.

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Wow! You're super well travelled! 

How are you finding Hosting so far? 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Hello , my name is Tashia. I am a new member in the community. 

Maj-D0
Level 1
New York, United States

Hi Everyone,

Itโ€™s great to be here. Iโ€™m pleased to introduce myself as probably the latest host of the new year 2024.

Itโ€™s been a long journey, but Iโ€™m so happy to finally post my house in Accra Ghana. 
Iโ€™m an American citizen living in New York, with roots from Ghana. 
And Iโ€™m connected to places. Feel free to let me know, if you or anyone you know, is visiting, needs a tour guide, or pick up from the Airport. You know, any kind of stuff  like that.

Iโ€™m wishing you well and success, of the new year.

Happy 2024.

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Maj-D0,  congratulations on beginning your Airbnb adventure! ๐Ÿ˜Š

Have you already received your first guests? How was your experience?

Please keep us posted.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Antonius15
Level 2
Mengwi, Indonesia

Hey Airbnb Community!

I hope this message finds you all in high spirits!   I'm Antonius, and I'm absolutely thrilled to be a part of this fantastic Airbnb community.

Currently calling Bali home, I'm diving headfirst into this community because, well, who wouldn't want to connect with a group of amazing individuals who share a passion for all things Airbnb, right? Whether you're a seasoned host, a frequent guest, or just as curious as I am, I'm eager to learn, share, and grow together.

By day, I'm Bali Properties Agent, but by night (and weekends! / also by day too hehehe), I'm the ultimate Superhost hosting guests in several Villa's at Bali. 

In my downtime, you'll catch me on my beach with some cold drink, and I'm always open to new suggestions and hidden gems in Bali.

As a newbie, I'm on the lookout for pro tips, must-visit spots, and any golden nuggets of wisdom you're willing to share. Got a favorite hosting story or a go-to breakfast spot nearby? Spill the beansโ€”I'm all ears! ๐Ÿ‘‚

Looking forward to building connections, swapping stories, and making this Airbnb journey even more extraordinary together.

Drop a comment, share your favorite emoji, or shoot me a direct messageโ€”let's make this introduction the start of something awesome!

Cheers to new beginnings and fantastic connections,

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Antonius15, thank you for sharing such a lovely presentation. We really appreciate it ๐Ÿ˜Š

I would like to invite you to visit our โญ Community Cafe board โ˜•, the perfect place for asking any questions about places to visit or simply to share some fun stories.

-----

Faye193
Level 2
Baguio, Philippines

Hi, Iโ€™m from the mountains of the Philippines where pine trees and cool weather are our main come-on. Far from the white sand beaches that the country is known for. In a place they call, the Summer Capital of the Philippines ๐Ÿ˜ Iโ€™m a new host ๐Ÿ˜Š

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Faye193, thank you for joining us! It's great that you have found our community right at the start of your hosting journey; you will find so many valuable tips here.

As a new Host, you might have some questions or comments, so I would like to invite you to start aโญ New conversation here  โญFeel free to ask all your questions or share your experiences with our community. Our experienced Hosts will be happy to help with their suggestions.

All the best, 

-----

Hi everyone im Victoria from London UK, I hope you are all finding success and I am very happy to be part of this new community ๐Ÿ˜Š

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Victoria2094, we are also very happy to have you with us. How is everything going for you? Is January a vibrant or calm Hosting period for you?

Please keep us posted.

-----