New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here ‌👇

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here ‌👇

Hello everyone! 😊

Welcome to the Community Center! 👋  I'm @Bhumika , one of the Community Managers for our English Community Center along with my lovely team members @Quincy @Paula and @Rebecca   and we are thrilled to have you join us.

Let's kickstart this thread with a little about us Community Managers:

@Quincy : I'm from the Netherlands 🇳🇱 I have been on the Community Center for 6+ years, and have been an Airbnb Host myself. I love cycling🚲, playing football, and travelling🌏 . I love how dynamic and diverse the Community Center is as we meet Hosts from all around the globe. 

@Bhumika 🌍 I was born in Gujarat, India 🇮🇳 , and shifted to Toronto, Canada 🇨🇦 last year! 📷 I recently realized my love for photography and aesthetics. I love to capture mundane life and candid pictures. 🌆 When I'm not working, you'll find me binge-watching thriller movies or exploring history.

@Paula : I am from Colombia 🇨🇴 and currently living in British Columbia, Canada 🇨🇦. I have a passion for Latin American culture (I love to dance 💃) . I've had the opportunity to visit around 20 countries 🌎 and plan to visit many more. In my free time, I enjoy outdoor activities, especially mountain biking 🚲 and hiking 🏔.

@Rebecca : I'm from Cardiff in Wales originally but being a military child and a veterans spouse, I've travelled and lived in a lot of different places in the UK and Europe. I'm an environmentalist 🌿 and like to minimise my impact on the planet 🌎 as well as volunteering in my local community.  I love sea swimming 🌊 yoga on the beach 🧘‍ and I'm a children's yoga instructor too! 🙌 

Now it's your turn! Tell us a bit about yourself. Where are you from? And is there something special about the location of your accommodation that you'd like to share?

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Warm regards,

Bhumika

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

2,320 Replies 2,320
Cindy1518
Level 2
Interlaken, NY

Hi I'm Cindy from the Fingerlakes in Upstate, NY.  I have been a cohost for other properties and built a cabin last year that I've recently listed.  Looking forward to learning more about the community!  I am a retired instructional technologist (classroom IT/AV) and love the outdoors!

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Cindy1518, welcome to our community, and I wish you all the best with your new cabin.

Feel free to start a  New conversation here  , asking all your questions or sharing your experiences with our community. It will be great to know how everything is going with your new Airbnb.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

This is Alex and Haley with Beach Ranch Homes and we manage several properties in Summit and Park Counties in Colorado.  We are Co-hosts and "Responsible Agents" for our owners so that guests are able to get help with questions and on site maintenance issues 24/7.  We're happy to be a part of the community!

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Thank you for sharing your presentation, @Alex-And-Haley0. We are thrilled to have you here 😊

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Gem-And-Rich0
Level 2
Southampton, United Kingdom

Hi everyone, my name is Rich from the UK. I'm new to the community forum and I'm looking find out answers to key questions I have and also submit suggestions for new features... Starting off with  "being able to edit messages sent to guests (e.g. to correct typos)" wink wink 😉

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Amazing @Gem-And-Rich0, our community is the perfect place to get the best advice from our experienced Hosts. A quick tip is to use some keywords in the search bar at the top of the community to find previous conversations related to your topic.

You can also start a  New conversation here , asking all your questions. I am sure our lovely Hosts will be more than happy to share their opinions.

Regards,

-----

Jayme40
Level 2
Springfield, MO

Hello I’m Jayme from Springfield Missouri USA ( 65802)

I run my midtown yogis retreat airbnb  and am looking to connect with more local hosts if you’re in the area reach out and let’s connect. 

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Jayme40, welcome to the Airbnb Community, and thank you for sharing your presentation with us.

I would like to invite you to start a new conversation using the following link to gain more visibility and potentially connect with fellow hosts in your area: https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/forums/postpage/choose-node/true

All the best,

-----

Jenny1913
Level 2
Claxton, GA

Hi, I am Jenny from rural south Georgia, USA. I am a recently retired educator and my husband and I  decided to rent the apartment behind our house, that our daughter lived in after high school, as an Airbnb. I have a friend and previous co-worker who hosts the upstairs rooms in her house and she is who encouraged me to make this a reality when I started asking her questions and showing interest. She host mostly business professionals and medical students, so we anticipate the same types of guest. We are in a small town and not a vacation/tourist location. 

I had my first request/confirmed to book within 5 days of listing and my second booking 5 days later. I am excited and nervous all at the same time. But everyone who knows me says hosting is "right up my alley".  Thanks for welcoming me to the community. I consider myself a life-long student and love learning from others with more experience than myself. I will be reading and researching often. My other interest include loving green plants, organizing, budgeting, and conversation with just about anyone...I never meet a stranger! 

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Jenny1913wow, just 5 days after listing? That was fast. How was your experience with your first guests? Please feel free to share your questions or opinions by starting a  New conversation here .

All the best,

-----

Hello, I am from sunny California. Born and raised! I am excited to have joined this community to learn, grow, and meet some amazing people from across the globe. I love yoga, camping, business, reading, and traveling with my family. 

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Magaly79, we are thrilled to have you here.

Are there any specific hosting topics that you are more interested in sharing with our community? One of the boards I enjoy the most is Ask About Your Listing, feel free to give it a look.

All the best,

-----

Lea2988
Level 1
Vancouver, Canada

Hello,

I am Lea, been hosting airbnb in Vancouver for a few months.

It’s my pleasure to connect with you.

Regards,

Lea

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Lea2988 , welcome to the Airbnb Community Center!

How did you fare during the snowstorm? Here in Port Moody, we're completely covered in snow 😅

As a new Host, if you have any questions or comments, don't hesitate to start a   New conversation here , Our wonderful Hosts will be eager to share their insights and opinions with you.

-----

Kate2657
Level 2
Washington, United States

hi! I am born and raised in the GTA (greater Toronto area for those who don’t know that one!) and now live in Seattle with my American husband.  We have an Airbnb in West Seattle and one in Cabo San Lucas. We love to travel! Cheers!