New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here ‌👇

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here ‌👇

Hello everyone! 😊

Welcome to the Community Center! 👋  I'm @Bhumika , one of the Community Managers for our English Community Center along with my lovely team members @Quincy @Paula and @Rebecca   and we are thrilled to have you join us.

Let's kickstart this thread with a little about us Community Managers:

@Quincy : I'm from the Netherlands 🇳🇱 I have been on the Community Center for 6+ years, and have been an Airbnb Host myself. I love cycling🚲, playing football, and travelling🌏 . I love how dynamic and diverse the Community Center is as we meet Hosts from all around the globe. 

@Bhumika 🌍 I was born in Gujarat, India 🇮🇳 , and shifted to Toronto, Canada 🇨🇦 last year! 📷 I recently realized my love for photography and aesthetics. I love to capture mundane life and candid pictures. 🌆 When I'm not working, you'll find me binge-watching thriller movies or exploring history.

@Paula : I am from Colombia 🇨🇴 and currently living in British Columbia, Canada 🇨🇦. I have a passion for Latin American culture (I love to dance 💃) . I've had the opportunity to visit around 20 countries 🌎 and plan to visit many more. In my free time, I enjoy outdoor activities, especially mountain biking 🚲 and hiking 🏔.

@Rebecca : I'm from Cardiff in Wales originally but being a military child and a veterans spouse, I've travelled and lived in a lot of different places in the UK and Europe. I'm an environmentalist 🌿 and like to minimise my impact on the planet 🌎 as well as volunteering in my local community.  I love sea swimming 🌊 yoga on the beach 🧘‍ and I'm a children's yoga instructor too! 🙌 

Now it's your turn! Tell us a bit about yourself. Where are you from? And is there something special about the location of your accommodation that you'd like to share?

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Warm regards,

Bhumika

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

2,292 Replies 2,292
Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Kate2657, welcome to our amazing community, and thank you for sharing your introduction.

We had a snowstorm in Vancouver yesterday. How was it in Seattle? How is this season shaping up for you? Is it a vibrant or calm hosting period?

Keep us posted.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Kate2657
Level 2
Washington, United States

My whole fam is in Canada - my parents in White Rock and my brother is in Whistler. Finally, Whistler got some snow! And my folks had a bit too but not much here in Seattle. Now it is back to rain. 

The rental in Mexico is going well but the MX tax is killing us! We are not renting out Seattle at the moment but will again in a couple of months. 

Cheers! 

Courtney643
Level 1
Lake Charles, LA

H, I am Courtney.  I live in Lake Charles, Louisiana. I work from home as an executive assistant and recently I have started managing an Air BNB rental. The view of the lake is fantastic. We are known for fishing, hunting, crabbing etc in Louisiana and the rental property really provides a great place to enjoy it it all. 

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Courtney643, welcome to our community.

It would be amazing if you could share some pictures of the lake view😍

As a new Host, you might have some questions or comments, so please feel free to start a  New conversation here ,  asking any questions you have. I am sure our lovely Hosts will be more than happy to share their opinions.

All the best, 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Usman96
Level 1
Mohra Moradu, Pakistan

I am Usman from Pakistan. My cottage is close to mountains near the border of northern province "Khyber Pakhtunkhwa" my area is all about nature, mountains , streams and waterfalls. Have a good day to all of you. 

IMG_20230127_110524_729.jpg

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Usman96 , it would be great if you could share some pictures of the area you are describing; it sounds beautiful 🏔☀️.

-----

Crystal628
Level 1
Pensacola, FL

I'm from Florida! Our white sand beaches are the best! 

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Crystal628, welcome to our community.

I had the opportunity to visit Miami Beach and Siesta Key two summers ago, and I was completely stunned by the beauty of the beaches there 😍. Do you have any beach recommendations for our lovely community?

-----

Hey Paula! I'm in the northwest part of the state in Pensacola but in this area I would recommend Pensacola Beach and Perdido Key! Beautiful no matter what time of year you come to visit 

Oh, I would love to live in Florida. Apparently the temperature is about the same as in South Africa where I live. If we decide to immigrate, Florida is no. 1 on our list !

Adam2037
Level 2
New York, NY

I’m @Adam and learned about the host community on the Airbnb app.  I co-host a property  in the Hudson Valley, NY since spring of 2023 so am relatively new at this.  I live in NYC.  I’m fond of biking and hiking, exploring the small towns of upstate New York, and simply relaxing in a rural setting far away from the hustle and bustle of the Big Apple.

I am very pleased to be here and meet you all
I am from Ontario, Canada but was brought up at an early age in Castlefranco Veneto, Italy
I now live in Estepona on the Costa del Sol and have been here for the last 7 years
I have a lovely apartment on the beach and 100m from the old town centre which I love
I have let it solely on Airbnb for the last 20 months and really enjoy it.
Sometimes there is a small bump in the road but on the whole guests are fabulous 
I am very happy to be on this forum 

[Post merged by Community Manager to keep relevant and similar discussions in one place]

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Wally49 , Welcome to the Community Center🌻. We're so delighted to have you here with us! 

Your listing looks such a great vacation spot with amazing view of the beach.🤩

Would you like to share any anecdotes with us related to your Hosting journey?

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Tove-Lisbeth0
Level 2
Orkanger, Norway

Hi, i am Tove from Norway. I am new on airbnb.

i had my first guest an it went wery well😊

4 more Guest who have booked my cabin the next thre mounts.

i look forward to be an host.

Kyran9
Level 2
Warsaw, VA

Hi! I’m Kyran. My husband, Jackson, and I are exploring the STR world with our first AirBNB. Our hometown is quickly becoming a tourist hub, and we’re excited to use our renovate + design services to serve those in need of a rural getaway! Looking forward to learning alongside each of you!