New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here โ€Œ๐Ÿ‘‡

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here โ€Œ๐Ÿ‘‡

Hello everyone! ๐Ÿ˜Š

Welcome to the Community Center! ๐Ÿ‘‹  I'm @Bhumika , one of the Community Managers for our English Community Center along with my lovely team members @Quincy @Paula and @Rebecca   and we are thrilled to have you join us.

Let's kickstart this thread with a little about us Community Managers:

@Quincy : I'm from the Netherlands ๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ฑ I have been on the Community Center for 6+ years, and have been an Airbnb Host myself. I love cycling๐Ÿšฒ, playing footballโšฝ, and travelling๐ŸŒ . I love how dynamic and diverse the Community Center is as we meet Hosts from all around the globe. 

@Bhumika ๐ŸŒ I was born in Gujarat, India ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ณ , and shifted to Toronto, Canada ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ last year! ๐Ÿ“ท I recently realized my love for photography and aesthetics. I love to capture mundane life and candid pictures. ๐ŸŒ† When I'm not working, you'll find me binge-watching thriller movies or exploring history.

@Paula : I am from Colombia ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ด and currently living in British Columbia, Canada ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ. I have a passion for Latin American culture (I love to dance ๐Ÿ’ƒ) . I've had the opportunity to visit around 20 countries ๐ŸŒŽ and plan to visit many more. In my free time, I enjoy outdoor activities, especially mountain biking ๐Ÿšฒ and hiking ๐Ÿ”.

@Rebecca : I'm from Cardiff in Wales originally but being a military child and a veterans spouse, I've travelled and lived in a lot of different places in the UK and Europe. I'm an environmentalist ๐ŸŒฟ and like to minimise my impact on the planet ๐ŸŒŽ as well as volunteering in my local community.  I love sea swimming ๐ŸŒŠ yoga on the beach ๐Ÿง˜โ€ and I'm a children's yoga instructor too! ๐Ÿ™Œ 

@Elisa : I was born in Italy ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡น and as a lover of unique experiencesโ€”from exploring the streets of Rome๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡น , Paris ๐Ÿ‡ซ๐Ÿ‡ท, and Toronto ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ to appreciating timeless art and cuisineโ€”I'm here to blend the old with the new. 

Now it's your turn! Tell us a bit about yourself. Where are you from? And is there something special about the location of your accommodation that you'd like to share?

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Warm regards,

Bhumika

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

2,922 Replies 2,922
Jenny1924
Level 2
New York, United States

My name is Jenny, i was born in Dominican republic ๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ด and raised in Bronx, NY USA. Iโ€™m a School Guidance Counselor, own a MedSpa for 9 years now and an Airbnb for 4 years. However, after Covid, this recession and Banning Short Term Rentals in NY, I found myself struggling financially. I love shopping, self care like getting a massage, getting a facial, yoga, dancing, reading beauty articles, walking the malls, spending time with my family and friends, sun tanning, doing girly things.

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Jenny1924, thanks so much for sharing your introduction with us ๐Ÿ˜Š

How has your experience been so far? How is this season shaping up for you? Is it a vibrant or calm hosting period?

Keep us posted

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Nick-and-Diana1
Level 2
Paso Robles, CA

Hi Iโ€™m from California and have been trying to connect with other host and learn more as I try and expand my STR portfolio 

[Post merged by Community Manager to keep relevant  and similar discussions in one place]

Hi @Nick-and-Diana1 , Welcome to the Community Center๐Ÿ˜!

Are you looking forward to help other Hosts by becoming a Co-Host? If you are looking to become an official Airbnb Co-host, you can do so by following this link: https://www.airbnb.ca/e/local-partners.

I am also sharing this guide that might help for your reference: https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Community-Guides/How-to-find-and-become-an-experienced-Co-Host-o....

Keep us posted if it helps!

-----

I'm Paul Sagnia from The Gambia a new member to the platform and community. I have just made a new listing and I need to amend the price but I do not see any options to amend price.

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hi there @Marie9610,

Great question and one you could ask in the Support with your bookings section 

where our knowledgable Hosts will be able to help. ๐Ÿ˜

It's great to have you here,

Rebecca 

-----

Hi, I am a newbie host, a bit confuse but excited as well.  Please advise how to attract Clients๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿ˜Š

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Rishta2,

It's super exciting to have you here and I'm sure you'll find lots of support from other Hosts in the Community Center which should help calm those nerves! ๐Ÿ˜Š

Some good places to start when asking for support would be:

โœจ Ask about your listing - You can ask other Hosts to critique your listing, you could be pleasantly surprised at what other people see!

โœจ Advice on your space - This is great for general questions about your space specifically, for example, the amenities that you have at the property to what types of sheets that you use.

Let me know how you get on!

-----

Haomee0
Level 2
Delhi, India

Hi everyone,

Greetings of the day.!

James here.! I am an "INDIAN" born and brought up in a beautiful northeast state of India known as "MANIPUR" also known as "KANGLEIPAK" or "MEITEI LEIPAK" before the colonization of the mighty British. We have a rich history and has its own script call "MEITEI MAYEK"."MANIPUR" was one of the 500 princely state merged with India on September 21, 1947 , it's capital city is "IMPHAL".  In 2009 I have shifted in the nation's capital Delhi for my further studies. 2017 , I worked for an Aviation Company based in INDIA an LLC Airline popularly known as the blue bird(actual name not disclosed). It was a great experience working for this Airline had a lot of opportunity to grow along with the company unfortuantely  Covid-19 hits hard during 2019-2020 it was a nightmare for all of us, I had to quiet my job. After my seperation from the company I was into small businesses saved a little from my profits an invested in Indian stock market and on other business, as a venture of my business I recently started listing my properties on Airbnb. "YAIPHAREY" meaning let us all be blessed.

Thanks & Regards 

James 

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there @Haomee0 (James),

It's great to have you here and wow! what a journey you've been on recently! 

A huge welcome to the Community Center from myself and the Community Team. We're a friendly bunch so feel free to explore the boards and engage in conversations. And if you have any questions along the way, don't hesitate to reach out. We're here to support you!

-----

Rey3559
Level 2
Amsterdam, Netherlands

Hi there. My name is Rey. I am hosting my home in Cadiz, Spain. Cadiz is a special coastal city in the south of Spain. It is a skinny trip of land surrounded with ocean. In the main old city center, there are 3 beaches within 3km. And another 20 beaches within 25 km. It is almost a guaranteed perfect weather all year round with mild winter. If you are ever around, my wife and I would be happy to host you.

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Rey3559,

Cadiz sounds absolutely amazing - thank you so much for sharing!

A huge welcome to the Community Center from myself and the Community Team. We're a friendly bunch so feel free to explore the boards and engage in conversations. And if you have any questions along the way, don't hesitate to reach out. We're here to support you!

-----

Hi everyone, my name is Andriana I am from Moldova but leaving in Ireland for last 20years. Last 2 years I listed my studio apartment on Airbnb and I think that was the best decision made by me, very happy with super host help line and all the help they provide.

[Post merged by Community Manager to keep relevant  and similar discussions in one place]

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Andriana22, it is absolutely great to have you here.

I would like to invite you to share some tips with our wonderful community by starting a ๐Ÿ‘‰New conversation here.

I am sure your expertise will greatly benefit many new Hosts ๐Ÿ˜Š

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Hello Airbnb community, itโ€™s a great pleasure to be here.

I was born in the north of Portugal, left when I was a very young adult to experience how life was in many different countries till I decided to root again at the southwest coast of Portugal a few years ago.

The adventure as a host started back in 2020, unplanned, to help a friend with maintenance at her place, since then it was a learning school which I appreciate.

My passions are sewing, surfing, social work, live by the beach to name a few.

The community here is composed from people around the globe, which makes it interesting, we live mainly from tourism and nature is stunning 

Looking forward to connect 

Take care

Silvia