New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here ‌👇

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here ‌👇

Hello everyone! 😊

Welcome to the Community Center! 👋  I'm @Bhumika , one of the Community Managers for our English Community Center along with my lovely team members @Quincy @Paula @Rebecca  and @Sophia and we are thrilled to have you join us.

Let's kickstart this thread with a little about us Community Managers:

@Quincy : I'm from the Netherlands 🇳🇱 I have been on the Community Center for 6+ years, and have been an Airbnb Host myself. I love cycling🚲, playing football, and travelling🌏 . I love how dynamic and diverse the Community Center is as we meet Hosts from all around the globe. 

@Bhumika 🌍 I was born in Gujarat, India 🇮🇳 , and shifted to Toronto, Canada 🇨🇦 last year! 📷 I recently realized my love for photography and aesthetics. I love to capture mundane life and candid pictures. 🌆 When I'm not working, you'll find me binge-watching thriller movies or exploring history.

@Paula : I am from Colombia 🇨🇴 and currently living in British Columbia, Canada 🇨🇦. I have a passion for Latin American culture (I love to dance 💃) . I've had the opportunity to visit around 20 countries 🌎 and plan to visit many more. In my free time, I enjoy outdoor activities, especially mountain biking 🚲 and hiking 🏔.

@Sophia : Born and bred in the UK 🇬🇧 but my roots are Bangladeshi 🇧🇩. I love cats 🐱, enjoy eating crisps (also known as chips) and enjoy baking 🍪. I also love travelling ✈️  I have worked in Community ever since I graduated and to put it lightly, people are my passion! 💖

@Rebecca : I'm from Cardiff in Wales originally but being a military child and a veterans spouse, I've travelled and lived in a lot of different places in the UK and Europe. I'm an environmentalist 🌿 and like to minimise my impact on the planet 🌎 as well as volunteering in my local community.  I love sea swimming 🌊 yoga on the beach 🧘‍ and I'm a children's yoga instructor too! 🙌 

Now it's your turn! Tell us a bit about yourself. Where are you from? And is there something special about the location of your accommodation that you'd like to share?

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Warm regards,

Bhumika

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

2,132 Replies 2,132

We have a well furnished house in Srinagar, Jammu and Kashmir situated near world famous Dal lake and Mughal gardens.

we provide standard hospitality services to our guests.

[Post merged by Community Manager to keep relevant  and similar discussions in one place]

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Syed169 , Welcome to the Community Center 🌻

Thank you for sharing about your listing with us! Your house in Srinagar sounds wonderful, especially with its proximity to Dal Lake and the Mughal Gardens. I'm sure guests would be appreciative of beautiful scenery surrounding your listing. Would you like to share any beautiful pictures of nature near your listing?

-----

I would love to connect with hosts in Kinshasa and see how their experience has been. 

[Post merged by Community Manager to keep relevant  and similar discussions in one place]

Hi @Rebecca-Meranza0 , Welcome to the Community 😍

Connecting with other hosts in Kinshasa sounds like a fantastic idea, however since ours is a global community, it would be a bit tricky to get in touch with area-specific Hosts.

However, if you have any questions related to hosting or if you'd like to share your own hosting experiences, please feel free to start a new conversation and I'm sure our Hosts from across the globe would love to engage and share their experiences with you! 🌻 

For starters, would you like to share with us what inspired you to become a Host?

-----

While living in Canada My husband and I were always entertaining friends and family now that he is retired and we have decided to spend most of our time in Jamaica,  we thought that an Airbnb could be a great idea because we would be able to meet and host different individuals and learn of other cultures.  We also need the extra income.  Thanks for asking how about you What drove you into doing Airbnb?

Sophia
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Carmeleta0, that's so wonderful! It's lovely how you turn your passion to hosting family & friends into starting your Airbnb hosting journey 😎
How long have you been hosting for?

-----

Almost 4 months,  

Oviya1
Level 1
Brampton, Canada

Hello Everyone,

This is Oviya from Canada. I am a new host and little nervous about the first time listing in airBnB. I would like to know the community and the updates then and there. Wish you all the best to everyone.

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Oviya1 Welcome to the community!

It must be exciting entering into the hosting territory and it's completely normal to feel a bit nervous about your first listing. 🌻

I'd say that you've come to the right place to get support and stay updated about Airbnb 😉.

If you have any questions or need advice, please feel free to ask and reach out to other experienced Hosts by starting a new conversation in the Community😍 . We're all here to help each other. Wishing you all the best Oviya! 🤗

-----

Please read my post maybe you can help

Rudolf103
Level 2
Budapest, Hungary

Hello!

I'm Rudolf, a new host on my way to being a Superhost with two listings in Budapest, Hungary. I'm here to bring awareness to an issue where guests often miss the check-in instructions, leading to troubles and bad reviews. I hope Airbnb support will address this to improve our hosting experience.

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Ask-about-your-listing/Check-in-instructions-shortcut-from-messa...

Best,
Rudolf

Sandra6808
Level 1
Queensland, Australia

Hello to you all.  We are Sandra and Scott and we have a gorgeous waterfront home on beautiful Bribie Island which is situated on the east coast of Queensland, Australia.  We have a cosy self contained one bedroom flat on the side of our house which we have decided to airbnb so we can share our little piece of paradise.  We are surrounded by beautiful sandy beaches which are safe for swimming and surfing, and large tracts of land on the island are designated National Park so we have lots of wildlife.  We look forward to welcoming visitors to our wonderful island.

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hi @Sandra6808 👋

Congratulations and a huge welcome to the Community Center! It's great to have you here with us. Your waterfront home sounds gorgeous. If you need any help/support, feel free to start a conversation and ask any questions you may have!  😊

-----

Hi y’all ! I’m Vanessa and we just listed a beautiful home near the beautiful Florida beaches. I travel frequently and have had prior Air BnB properties. Looking forward to being part of the community. 

Hi everyone, 

I'm Fleur, I joined a few weeks ago. 

I have listed 2 entirely refurbished studios in France, at the border of Switzerland and Germany. 

I'm really happy to be part of the Airbnb Community and to welcome all my guests ! ☀️