New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here ‌👇

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here ‌👇

Hello everyone! 😊

Welcome to the Community Center! 👋  I'm @Bhumika , one of the Community Managers for our English Community Center along with my lovely team members @Quincy @Paula and @Rebecca   and we are thrilled to have you join us.

Let's kickstart this thread with a little about us Community Managers:

@Quincy : I'm from the Netherlands 🇳🇱 I have been on the Community Center for 6+ years, and have been an Airbnb Host myself. I love cycling🚲, playing football, and travelling🌏 . I love how dynamic and diverse the Community Center is as we meet Hosts from all around the globe. 

@Bhumika 🌍 I was born in Gujarat, India 🇮🇳 , and shifted to Toronto, Canada 🇨🇦 last year! 📷 I recently realized my love for photography and aesthetics. I love to capture mundane life and candid pictures. 🌆 When I'm not working, you'll find me binge-watching thriller movies or exploring history.

@Paula : I am from Colombia 🇨🇴 and currently living in British Columbia, Canada 🇨🇦. I have a passion for Latin American culture (I love to dance 💃) . I've had the opportunity to visit around 20 countries 🌎 and plan to visit many more. In my free time, I enjoy outdoor activities, especially mountain biking 🚲 and hiking 🏔.

@Rebecca : I'm from Cardiff in Wales originally but being a military child and a veterans spouse, I've travelled and lived in a lot of different places in the UK and Europe. I'm an environmentalist 🌿 and like to minimise my impact on the planet 🌎 as well as volunteering in my local community.  I love sea swimming 🌊 yoga on the beach 🧘‍ and I'm a children's yoga instructor too! 🙌 

Now it's your turn! Tell us a bit about yourself. Where are you from? And is there something special about the location of your accommodation that you'd like to share?

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Warm regards,

Bhumika

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

2,711 Replies 2,711

Thanks very much Bhumika

So the name we came up with the help of my friend's "The Camping Crew".... We have a group of four  (4) family's (Adults & Kids) that have been going on holiday together for the last 10 years.

We all were throwing some names around and this one stuck with me, I felt it described my place perfectly. 

I have listed all my amenities and loads of photos. I see you can only become a Super Host after a Year with other criteria but I would love to know how to market my listing to get more traction. If there any advise you can give me for this I would greatly appreciate it.

Keep in touch, thanks Bianca

Sara10285
Level 2
Malmö, Sweden

Hi!

I am co-hosting together with my partner, since we bought a house in the countryside just over an hour from where we live. 

Initially we listed our house as a way to make an income when we're not there, so that we can improve the property quicker. But now after three hostings I feel that an added benefit is to offer an affordable way for five people to go on holiday for a week. It's also located in an un-assuming spot, yet a 15-30-minute drive from there you reach amazing beaches, nature reserves, woods and a UNESCO-listed wetland area.

/Sara

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Sara10285 ! Welcome to the Community Center 🌻 Congratulations on your hosting journey 😍 

I noticed that you've received amazing reviews from the guests so far! Do you have specific strategies in place to ensure a great stay for guests?

-----

Hi Bhumika

One thing that has been very appreciated is the welcome note with a picture of me and my partner that we put on the kitchen table, and I guess it helps that we put two bottles of bubbly next to it - one with alcohol and one without. We have had a minimum 5-nights stay rule so we think two bottles is a good level of a welcome gift.

We can't be there to greet guests so we have made an effort so that everything is self-explanatory around the house. One guest appreciated that it was 'free of clutter' and this has been conscious on our side. A bit of a challenge since we use the house a lot ourselves so removing our personal items before hosting has been a priority.

Sara

Sandra6991
Level 1
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Hi everyone.

I'm originally  from Colombia, I'm living in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. I'm thrilled to be part of this Airbnb community as a Host and Co-Host. I’m passionate about creating memorable experiences for my guests, for this reason I decided to focus on Airbnb property management and offer to this community solutions about  maintenance and administration of your business, vacational short rent properties.

I can support you with cleaning service, painting, pressure washer, landscaping maintenance, handyman, renovations for kitchen, floor and bathrooms. You can take care of receiving the profits and we keep your investment in good condition without you having to worry about the details. My company with an excellent team will do for you. You can contact us at** we offer our services in Miami, Fort Lauderdale, Sarasota and Brandenton FLORIDA.

Looking forward to engaging with you all and contributing to this amazing community!

Best regards,

**[Contact details removed -  Community Center Guidelines]

Hello, my name is Slawomir, i came from Poland, in city of Gdansk i had flat which are available for Airbnb community. I am working as engineer, because of my job i am travel a lot and very often visiting Airbnb places. In my free time i like to go to gym.

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hi @Sławomir8 👋

A huge welcome to the Community Center! It's so great to have you here 🎉

How long have you been a host for? 😊

-----

Thank you 🙂 I am started with first quest at November 2023. Now is my first summer vacation time, a lot people interested to share flat, we have summer, nice weather and beautiful beaches in south seaside of Baltic Sea.

Kumar467
Level 2
Port Dover, Canada

I was born in Gujarat but grew up in states from high school, college and University. I also have lived in Toronto Downtown for quite some time. I love traveling and been traveling for last 7 years including 19 countries. I love photography, hiking, exploring nature, adventures, adrenaline sports, cars, sky diving in Dubai , scuba diving in Philippines, climbing in Nepal or Red Canyons, Road trips in New Zealand and just being a city guy in New York, Vegas, Toronto, Manila, Singapore, Dubai, Sydney, Malaysia and now in Los Angeles and San Francisco! Love to explore places in California, recently got a condo in San Diego and renting it to some university girls for now till I find the next adventures.

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hi @Kumar467 👋

Wow! That's a lot of extreme activities and lots of wonderful places you've visited! Do you have a favourite place that you've been to, and what's on your bucket list of places to go? 😊

-----

I’m trying to build a business in Netherlands 🇳🇱 and Switzerland 🇨🇭 which will give me an opportunity to start exploring Europe. Right now I am in California to find a beautiful sailboat ️ which can be part of my sail plan to Europe. I will cross atlantic through Panama 🇵🇦, Costa rica 🇨🇷, Guatemala 🇬🇹 could be a stop as well to explore , puerto rico 🇵🇷 and then few stops along the way to get to Portugal 🇵🇹, sell boat and start road trip for Italy , Germany 🇩🇪 , Austria 🇦🇹, Greece 🇬🇷 and so on… till I settle in Swiss and grow a business there. Giving it couple years for this journey and sail trip will be 3 months from Cali to Portugal. 🙂

Aimee259
Level 1
Baltimore, MD

Hi I'm Aimee. I live in Baltimore Maryland. New to hosting.