New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here ‌👇

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here ‌👇

Hello everyone! 😊

Welcome to the Community Center! 👋  I'm @Bhumika , one of the Community Managers for our English Community Center along with my lovely team members @Quincy @Paula and @Rebecca   and we are thrilled to have you join us.

Let's kickstart this thread with a little about us Community Managers:

@Quincy : I'm from the Netherlands 🇳🇱 I have been on the Community Center for 6+ years, and have been an Airbnb Host myself. I love cycling🚲, playing football, and travelling🌏 . I love how dynamic and diverse the Community Center is as we meet Hosts from all around the globe. 

@Bhumika 🌍 I was born in Gujarat, India 🇮🇳 , and shifted to Toronto, Canada 🇨🇦 last year! 📷 I recently realized my love for photography and aesthetics. I love to capture mundane life and candid pictures. 🌆 When I'm not working, you'll find me binge-watching thriller movies or exploring history.

@Paula : I am from Colombia 🇨🇴 and currently living in British Columbia, Canada 🇨🇦. I have a passion for Latin American culture (I love to dance 💃) . I've had the opportunity to visit around 20 countries 🌎 and plan to visit many more. In my free time, I enjoy outdoor activities, especially mountain biking 🚲 and hiking 🏔.

@Rebecca : I'm from Cardiff in Wales originally but being a military child and a veterans spouse, I've travelled and lived in a lot of different places in the UK and Europe. I'm an environmentalist 🌿 and like to minimise my impact on the planet 🌎 as well as volunteering in my local community.  I love sea swimming 🌊 yoga on the beach 🧘‍ and I'm a children's yoga instructor too! 🙌 

Now it's your turn! Tell us a bit about yourself. Where are you from? And is there something special about the location of your accommodation that you'd like to share?

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Warm regards,

Bhumika

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

2,804 Replies 2,804
Margaret1492
Level 2
Galway, Ireland

I'm from Galway, Ireland 🇮🇪. I am hosting a property for a friend, which is just outside the city. I belong to a meditation group and have traveled to India many times to attend meditation seminars there. Recently I have been to London and Denmark and stayed in AirBnBs on both occasions. 

I love hosting and the income from it really supplements my pension

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Margaret1492, thank you for sharing your introduction.

If I understand correctly, you are now co-hosting for one of your friends? Do you have all the co-hosting permissions on the platform?

Keep us posted.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Ana38336
Level 1
Glastonbury, CT

Hello,

my name is Ana and I have a property in Cheshire Connecticut. I’m looking for a property management company that is located in Connecticut. Please let me know if you know anyone.

Thank you

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Ana38336, thank you so much for posting in our community.

To gain more visibility in our community and gather excellent advice from our members, I suggest starting a 👉new conversation here.

Regards,

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Hi 

My name is Celia.  Currently I Host a 5star Super Host airbnb home in Georgetown, TX.  This role allows me to leverage my design skills while ensuring a seamless guest experience.  I landed on this position by accident.  Hired to do interior designs per room for this airbnb, Impressed by my work ethics attributed by my current position as a realtor, he entrusted me to take over as Host, while he resides in Georgia.   I'm originally a California Gal, surfed 36 years of my life there.  Moving to Austin surrounding Area, I've come to love the culture and adapted.  I now live in the country and regularly wear a cowboy hat and cut off jeans with cowboy boots. LOL!  I'm a true local and now looking to introduce aquaponics farming on my land to provide for the community.  Go figure!!

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Celia524, it is absolutely great to have you here and thank you so much for your wonderful introduction.

I would like to invite you to share some tips with our wonderful community by starting a 👉New conversation here.

I am sure your expertise will greatly benefit many new Hosts 😊

-----

Hello Bhumika. I hope you are doing well, I would like to tell a bit about my self. My name is Sardor, I from Uzbekistan 🇺🇿, from Samarkand city, which has a great history in the whole civilization. The most visited city from whole of the world every year. I have just joined to the community center and I am fresh in hosting guest. I really love to travel, one of my big dreams is to travel whole of the world. My hobby is to read books, playing games and swimming. At the moment I looking for a job online in order to travel and not to be stuck in one place. 

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Sardor8, thanks for sharing your presentation with us. 

How has your experience been so far? How is this season shaping up for you? Is it a vibrant or calm hosting period?

Keep us posted

-----

Nadia1314
Level 1
Daglish, Australia

Hi, My name is Nadia, and I am from Perth, Western Australia. I have only been hosting for three months and am enjoying the benefits. I love entertaining and love hosting people. I enjoy preparing the home for guests and keeping the gardens beautiful. Im sure Ill have lots of questions as time goes on.

Meribeth2
Level 2
College Station, TX

Hi everyone! My name is Meribeth. My husband and I are originally from Texas and retired back home to Texas 2020, after moving around the US for 13 years and some world travel.

We are empty nester with 4 kids that live around the US.  In the  past 4 years we’ve designed and built our “forever” home and took care of both of my parents who passed over the last 2 years.

2024 found us without a “project” and without a mountain home for the first time in 55+ years.  So-we went to the Blue Ridge Mountains bought a “camp”(condo) and did a full remodel.

When we travel we love booking with airbnb and it’s something I wanted to do with the family place in Colorado but alas, the older generation just sold it.

After remodeling we decided to airbnb it when we aren’t here.  We already had our first guest and 2 more booked. And 1 scammer- which led me to this community.  Fortunately, the scammer showed themselves before we booked them and airbnb was very helpful.  But, it would be great to connect with a group of experienced hosts.  

We are excited for this next adventure!

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Meribeth2 , Welcome to the Community! It's wonderful to hear about your journey of becoming an Airbnb Host.

Remodeling and diving deep into hosting shenanigans sounds like such an exciting step—congratulations on your first bookings! 😍

What do you enjoy most about hosting in the mountains?

-----

Hello all. I’m Rainy from USA hosting in Tulum, Mexico. I am new to hosting and a new resident of Mexico. I love the beach, traveling, and discovering new foods. 

Hi @Casa-Ohana-Team0 , Welcome to the Community Center! 😍 

How has your hosting journey been? Have there been any memorable guest experiences so far?

-----

Kansas0
Level 2
Boardman, OH

Hello everyone, 

I am so excited to meet you all from all over the world. My name is Kansas. I live in Ohio, USA. In addition to being an Airbnb co-host, I am a caregiver and professional cleaner.

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Kansas0 , Welcome to the Community! 🌻 

With your professional background, you must be bringing in a lot of attention to details to create memorable guest stays. Do you have any tips to share with other Hosts? What inspired you to start co-hosting on Airbnb? 

-----