Winter Release Q&A session

New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here ‌👇

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here ‌👇

Hello everyone! 😊

Welcome to the Community Center! 👋  I'm @Bhumika , one of the Community Managers for our English Community Center along with my lovely team members @Quincy @Paula @Rebecca  and @Elisa  and we are thrilled to have you join us.

Let's kickstart this thread with a little about us Community Managers:

@Quincy : I'm from the Netherlands 🇳🇱 I have been on the Community Center for 6+ years, and have been an Airbnb Host myself. I love cycling🚲, playing football, and travelling🌏 . I love how dynamic and diverse the Community Center is as we meet Hosts from all around the globe. 

@Bhumika 🌍 I was born in Gujarat, India 🇮🇳 , and shifted to Toronto, Canada 🇨🇦 last year! 📷 I recently realized my love for photography and aesthetics. I love to capture mundane life and candid pictures. 🌆 When I'm not working, you'll find me binge-watching thriller movies or exploring history.

@Paula : I am from Colombia 🇨🇴 and currently living in British Columbia, Canada 🇨🇦. I have a passion for Latin American culture (I love to dance 💃) . I've had the opportunity to visit around 20 countries 🌎 and plan to visit many more. In my free time, I enjoy outdoor activities, especially mountain biking 🚲 and hiking 🏔.

@Rebecca : I'm from Cardiff in Wales originally but being a military child and a veterans spouse, I've travelled and lived in a lot of different places in the UK and Europe. I'm an environmentalist 🌿 and like to minimise my impact on the planet 🌎 as well as volunteering in my local community.  I love sea swimming 🌊 yoga on the beach 🧘‍ and I'm a children's yoga instructor too! 🙌 

@Elisa : I was born in Italy 🇮🇹 and as a lover of unique experiences—from exploring the streets of Rome🇮🇹 , Paris 🇫🇷, and Toronto 🇨🇦 to appreciating timeless art and cuisine—I'm here to blend the old with the new. 

Now it's your turn! Tell us a bit about yourself. Where are you from? And is there something special about the location of your accommodation that you'd like to share?

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Warm regards,

Bhumika

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

3,499 Replies 3,499

Hi, everyone! My name is Todd. My wife, Urvashi, and I are new to the world of Airbnb! We've traveled the world and decided to settle down in Chicago to start a family. We opened our first property in July of this year in southern Wisconsin. We are thrilled to begin the hosting journey and look forward to hearing all your stories 🙂

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hi @Todd682 &Urvashi 👋

Welcome to the Airbnb community! It's great to have you here. 😄

Congratulations on opening your first property in southern Wisconsin! 🎉 

How has your hosting experience been so far? We'd love to hear more about your journey! 🏡

-----

Davide1106
Level 2
Vicenza, Italy

Hello all, I’m Davide for friends Dave,

I live in north Italy and host on Caorle venice seaside.

i just begun hope my adventure will be nice,

love travel and stay with people. 

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Davide (or Dave hopefully soon!), welcome to the Airbnb community!

It's wonderful to have you here. 😊 Hosting in Caorle Venice seaside sounds like a fantastic location! How long have you been a host for now? We'd love to hear about your experiences and any interesting stories you may have!

Happy hosting and happy travels! ✈️🏖

-----

Lawrence344
Level 2
Nantucket, MA

Thank you.  We are on Nantucket and have just listed our property for the first time.  We are looking forward to connecting with other Nantucket hosts and with the entire community.  Happy to get some feedback about our listing, too.  Thanks!

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/1248539738770359333

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Lawrence344 👋

Welcome to the Airbnb community and congratulations on listing your property in Nantucket! If you'd like feedback on your listing, I recommend checking out the Ask about your listing - You can ask other Hosts to critique your listing, you could be pleasantly surprised at what other people see!

Wishing you all the best in your hosting journey! 🌟🏝

-----

Homestead3
Level 2
Dubai, United Arab Emirates

Hi everyone, I am a new member of Airbnb. It took me some time to understand the entire process after listing a property with Airbnb. A bit about myself: I am forward-thinking, enthusiastic, and passionate about diversifying my experiences, which include 23 years in the travel and tourism industry. I have listed a property in one of Dubai's most popular areas to meet customer expectations. Any tip on making it a success is most welcome 🙂 

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Homestead3 👋

Welcome to Airbnb and congratulations on listing your property in a popular area of Dubai! Your experience in the travel and tourism industry will definitely be valuable in your hosting journey. This will be a great space for you to get advice from other Hosts. 😍

My favourite boards are:
Ask about your listing - You can ask other Hosts to critique your listing, you could be pleasantly surprised at what other people see!

Advice on your space - This is great for general questions about your space specifically, for example, the amenities that you have at the property to what types of sheets that you use. 

-----

Pozdravljeni, sem Srečko Bakan iz Slovenije , ukvarjam se z gradbeništvom.
Na airbnb me je pripeljal dodaten zaslužek. 

V Prekmurju imam 6 prenočišč in sicer v občini Beltinci 5 sob in v Moravskih Toplicah Apartma. 
Veselim se sodelovanja z vami. 

Google Translation added by Community Manager: Hello, I'm Srečko Bakan from Slovenia, I work in construction.
The extra income brought me to airbnb.
I have 6 places to stay in Prekmurje, namely 5 rooms in the municipality of Beltinci and an apartment in Moravske Toplice.
I look forward to working with you.

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Srečko1 👋

Welcome to Airbnb! It's great to have you here. 😊

How has your experience been hosting multiple properties so far? We'd love to hear about your journey and any tips you may have for fellow hosts. 

-----

Manoj87
Level 1
Saskatoon, Canada

Hello everyone my name is Manoj Thomas , I am originally from Kerala , currently living in Saskatoon , Saskatchewan, Canada. I have lived and travelled most of the Caribbean islands and US. Lived in Florida for 10 years. I love travelling and exploring different cultures and cuisines.

our first experience with Airbnb was great, we have been getting lots of non profile requests that are not genuine. Currently we are on instant booking I am not sure if that needs to be changed.

Great to be in this community group 

have a great day !!

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Manoj87 👋

Congratulations and a huge welcome to the Community Center! It's great to have you here with us. It's wonderful to hear that your first experience with Airbnb was great.

Great question re instant booking preferences, if you head to Support with your bookings section, you can ask the hosts there for support and their feedback.  😍

-----

Irma370
Level 2
PG, Montenegro

Hello   and big greetings to all, I am Irma , managing  business  for Monenegro  region, in Europe.I am here  in the name of  hosts  who are  married couple, family  guys , they  are  running  this business  as traditional  heritage , village, domestic services and  they  very like  to   introduce  beauty of  this place  , it is nature  , landscapes  to every  tourists  and  traveler , who indeed  love to  meet  new  culture and  countries,and  try immersing  themselves into it.

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Irma370 👋

Congratulations and a huge welcome to the Community Center! It's great to have you here with us.

Have you explored the Community Center and checked out the boards? If you need any advice and support, you can ask our wonderful experienced hosts! 😊

-----

Radovan5
Level 2
Novi Sad, Serbia

Hi everyone. I'm Rade from Novi Sad, Serbia ( Europe ). I'm host for more then 10 years and it's been a great experience.  I my spare time I like to hike, cook ( I used to own a restaurant ), cycle. I'm interested in art, history ( I'm a  history teacher ) and culture in general. Now I would love to help others new to Airbnb and share my experience.