New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here ‌👇

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here ‌👇

Hello everyone! 😊

Welcome to the Community Center! 👋  I'm @Bhumika , one of the Community Managers for our English Community Center along with my lovely team members @Quincy @Paula @Rebecca  and @Elisa  and we are thrilled to have you join us.

Let's kickstart this thread with a little about us Community Managers:

@Quincy : I'm from the Netherlands 🇳🇱 I have been on the Community Center for 6+ years, and have been an Airbnb Host myself. I love cycling🚲, playing football, and travelling🌏 . I love how dynamic and diverse the Community Center is as we meet Hosts from all around the globe. 

@Bhumika 🌍 I was born in Gujarat, India 🇮🇳 , and shifted to Toronto, Canada 🇨🇦 last year! 📷 I recently realized my love for photography and aesthetics. I love to capture mundane life and candid pictures. 🌆 When I'm not working, you'll find me binge-watching thriller movies or exploring history.

@Paula : I am from Colombia 🇨🇴 and currently living in British Columbia, Canada 🇨🇦. I have a passion for Latin American culture (I love to dance 💃) . I've had the opportunity to visit around 20 countries 🌎 and plan to visit many more. In my free time, I enjoy outdoor activities, especially mountain biking 🚲 and hiking 🏔.

@Rebecca : I'm from Cardiff in Wales originally but being a military child and a veterans spouse, I've travelled and lived in a lot of different places in the UK and Europe. I'm an environmentalist 🌿 and like to minimise my impact on the planet 🌎 as well as volunteering in my local community.  I love sea swimming 🌊 yoga on the beach 🧘‍ and I'm a children's yoga instructor too! 🙌 

@Elisa : I was born in Italy 🇮🇹 and as a lover of unique experiences—from exploring the streets of Rome🇮🇹 , Paris 🇫🇷, and Toronto 🇨🇦 to appreciating timeless art and cuisine—I'm here to blend the old with the new. 

Now it's your turn! Tell us a bit about yourself. Where are you from? And is there something special about the location of your accommodation that you'd like to share?

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Warm regards,

Bhumika

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

3,223 Replies 3,223
Manoj87
Level 1
Saskatoon, Canada

Hello everyone my name is Manoj Thomas , I am originally from Kerala , currently living in Saskatoon , Saskatchewan, Canada. I have lived and travelled most of the Caribbean islands and US. Lived in Florida for 10 years. I love travelling and exploring different cultures and cuisines.

our first experience with Airbnb was great, we have been getting lots of non profile requests that are not genuine. Currently we are on instant booking I am not sure if that needs to be changed.

Great to be in this community group 

have a great day !!

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hey @Manoj87 👋

Congratulations and a huge welcome to the Community Center! It's great to have you here with us. It's wonderful to hear that your first experience with Airbnb was great.

Great question re instant booking preferences, if you head to Support with your bookings section, you can ask the hosts there for support and their feedback.  😍

-----

Irma370
Level 2
PG, Montenegro

Hello   and big greetings to all, I am Irma , managing  business  for Monenegro  region, in Europe.I am here  in the name of  hosts  who are  married couple, family  guys , they  are  running  this business  as traditional  heritage , village, domestic services and  they  very like  to   introduce  beauty of  this place  , it is nature  , landscapes  to every  tourists  and  traveler , who indeed  love to  meet  new  culture and  countries,and  try immersing  themselves into it.

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Irma370 👋

Congratulations and a huge welcome to the Community Center! It's great to have you here with us.

Have you explored the Community Center and checked out the boards? If you need any advice and support, you can ask our wonderful experienced hosts! 😊

-----

Radovan5
Level 2
Novi Sad, Serbia

Hi everyone. I'm Rade from Novi Sad, Serbia ( Europe ). I'm host for more then 10 years and it's been a great experience.  I my spare time I like to hike, cook ( I used to own a restaurant ), cycle. I'm interested in art, history ( I'm a  history teacher ) and culture in general. Now I would love to help others new to Airbnb and share my experience. 

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Radovan5 👋

It's great to meet you and hear about your hosting experience for over 10 years. It sounds like you have a lot of interests and hobbies that make hosting even more enjoyable. What has been your favourite part about hosting guests on Airbnb? 🤗

-----

Hi, @Rebecca!

My favorite part is to meet and talk to other people around the world, to help them experience my city and my country and get to know more about the culture they are coming from.

Jessey3
Level 2
Salmiya, Kuwait

hi Bhumika  im Jessey im from, Kuwait and working in Real Estate and im trying to have more clients to in some of our property.  i would also love to have friends that we can travel together to make experiences.

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Jessey3, welcome to our amazing community 😊

How has your experience with Airbnb been so far? Please feel free to start a 👉New conversation here to share ideas, tips, or ask questions to our experienced Hosts.

Regards,

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

hi paula. its been very exciting and feel good to have a community that support all the necessary knowledge that i need to become a good host.

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

I’m very glad to hear that @Jessey3 

Do you have any specific questions for our experienced hosts that could help you with their experience?

Regards,

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Dimitrios122
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

Good evening everyone.

I am Dimitrios and I am from Greece.

For the last 9 years, I have been living permanently in London.

I enjoy hosting people, which is why I have 2 apartments in Northern Greece, in the beautiful region of Halkidiki, which I manage through Airbnb. 

I love traveling around the world and anything related to good food and drink.

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Dimitrios122, thank you so much for sharing your introduction 😊

I would like to invite you to share some tips with our wonderful community by starting a 👉New conversation here.

I am sure your expertise will greatly benefit many new Hosts 😊

-----

Juanita143
Level 2
Laramie, WY

Hi! I'm Juanita Wyatt. I live and host my Airbnb in Laramie, Wyoming: Cowboy country. I've been hosting about a year but realize I need help from others, so I found you. I have much to learn but my brain is old so technology is a challenge for me. I will be 81 in a couple of months, was married 60 years, had an amazing life as my husband drug me all over the world.  I was widowed a few years ago and recently married again. Life is an adventure and I'm living and loving it. 

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Juanita143,

Thank you so much for sharing your introduction with us! You’ve come to the right place for support from fellow hosts.

A great first step to receive advice from our experienced community is to start a 👉 'Critique My Listing' thread. Our seasoned hosts can provide valuable insights on how to improve your listing and enhance your chances of receiving more bookings.

I hope you find these tips helpful!

-----