New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here โ€Œ๐Ÿ‘‡

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here โ€Œ๐Ÿ‘‡

Hello everyone! ๐Ÿ˜Š

Welcome to the Community Center! ๐Ÿ‘‹  I'm @Bhumika , one of the Community Managers for our English Community Center along with my lovely team members @Quincy @Paula @Rebecca  and @Elisa  and we are thrilled to have you join us.

Let's kickstart this thread with a little about us Community Managers:

@Quincy : I'm from the Netherlands ๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ฑ I have been on the Community Center for 6+ years, and have been an Airbnb Host myself. I love cycling๐Ÿšฒ, playing footballโšฝ, and travelling๐ŸŒ . I love how dynamic and diverse the Community Center is as we meet Hosts from all around the globe. 

@Bhumika ๐ŸŒ I was born in Gujarat, India ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ณ , and shifted to Toronto, Canada ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ last year! ๐Ÿ“ท I recently realized my love for photography and aesthetics. I love to capture mundane life and candid pictures. ๐ŸŒ† When I'm not working, you'll find me binge-watching thriller movies or exploring history.

@Paula : I am from Colombia ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ด and currently living in British Columbia, Canada ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ. I have a passion for Latin American culture (I love to dance ๐Ÿ’ƒ) . I've had the opportunity to visit around 20 countries ๐ŸŒŽ and plan to visit many more. In my free time, I enjoy outdoor activities, especially mountain biking ๐Ÿšฒ and hiking ๐Ÿ”.

@Rebecca : I'm from Cardiff in Wales originally but being a military child and a veterans spouse, I've travelled and lived in a lot of different places in the UK and Europe. I'm an environmentalist ๐ŸŒฟ and like to minimise my impact on the planet ๐ŸŒŽ as well as volunteering in my local community.  I love sea swimming ๐ŸŒŠ yoga on the beach ๐Ÿง˜โ€ and I'm a children's yoga instructor too! ๐Ÿ™Œ 

@Elisa : I was born in Italy ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡น and as a lover of unique experiencesโ€”from exploring the streets of Rome๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡น , Paris ๐Ÿ‡ซ๐Ÿ‡ท, and Toronto ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ to appreciating timeless art and cuisineโ€”I'm here to blend the old with the new. 

Now it's your turn! Tell us a bit about yourself. Where are you from? And is there something special about the location of your accommodation that you'd like to share?

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Warm regards,

Bhumika

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

3,369 Replies 3,369
Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hi @Vaishnavi9,

Welcome to the Community, and congratulations on starting you hosting journey! I love your hosting philosophy. ๐ŸŒŸ

Perhaps you could share your listing with us on 'Ask about your listing', where you can ask other Hosts to critique your listing and give you some tips about how to improve it and help you be as successful as can be? ๐Ÿ˜Š

-----

Hey @Rebecca 

That's an amazing Idea, just did it. Looking forward to hearing about it and learning. 

Thanks a lot. 

Mhwr0
Level 2
Lahore, Pakistan

Hi! My name is Mhwr Malik, & I live in Lahore, Pakistan. I've completed my intermediate studies and am continuing my further education. Currently, I work in real estate and manage online listings for properties on various websites.

I aspire to be a professor one day, & I enjoy reading novels & travelling, I'm passionate about completing my sales task successfully.

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hi @Mhwr0, and welcome!

Thanks for telling us more about you -what kind of field are you studying and would like to become a professor in? Best of luck in your hosting journey! ๐Ÿ€

-----

I want to become a math professor, but I'm currently pursuing my BBA.

Aimore0
Level 1
Clontarf, Australia

@Aimore0 : I was born in Brazil ๐Ÿ‡ง๐Ÿ‡ท half German ๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ช and Australian ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡บ  citizen. I've been living in Australia for some time now, and it truly feels like home. I love swimming , camping , and spending time at the beach . The beautiful landscapes and vibrant culture here inspire me every day, and I enjoy connecting with nature whenever I can.

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Aimore0

So great to hear from you! What an amazing mix of cultures you bring to the table โ€“ Brazilian, German, and Australian, that's incredible!

Living in Australia must be quite an experience, especially with your passion for swimming, camping, and beach time.

Nature definitely has a way of grounding us and bringing a little peace to the everyday hustle. 

It's great to have you here with us!

Quincy

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Sherri308
Level 1
Summersville, WV

Hello all!

New to the Arirbnb community! Here in West Virginia we began our first property listing on August 11th 2024 and attained Superhost on October 1st. We are proud of our hard work and love sharing our farm and our Mystic Pond Cabin with guests. We have hosted 10 states and 2 countries so far and look forward to a great 2025 with launching more cabins. Couples have celebrated birthdays, anniversaries and on Dec 31st we have someone who will be proposing onsite!  Thanks for your help and guidance in advance!  

Alice1748
Level 1
Nairobi, Kenya

Hello Bhumika, 

I was born in Nanyuki town which sits at the foot of Mt Kenya, about 200kms from Nairobi which is the capital city of Kenya. I would love to travel more than I have as I love nature. I have been working in Nairobi but I feel drawn back to my hometown. I have since set up an airbnb there that can serve as a home when am there and as an Airbnb home when am not there.  love the weather and landscape that Nanyuki offers and I hope to share the same with my guests. Looking forward to learning more from the experts in the Community Centre. 

Hello! I'm @Jesseca3, I have an Airstream I'm co-hosting with my husband and friend Liz.  I'm originally from WA state and live in Texas now. I have three dogs and two cats. Having this little airstream is actually a dream come true!!!! It's also so cute to be able so share it with our community and others. I am a day spa owner and the airstream is located on a ranch outside the popular tourist community my spa is located in. So it's a win win for everyone. Looking forward to this adventure.