Winter Release Q&A session

New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here ‌👇

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here ‌👇

Hello everyone! 😊

Welcome to the Community Center! 👋  I'm @Bhumika , one of the Community Managers for our English Community Center along with my lovely team members @Quincy @Paula @Rebecca  and @Elisa  and we are thrilled to have you join us.

Let's kickstart this thread with a little about us Community Managers:

@Quincy : I'm from the Netherlands 🇳🇱 I have been on the Community Center for 6+ years, and have been an Airbnb Host myself. I love cycling🚲, playing football, and travelling🌏 . I love how dynamic and diverse the Community Center is as we meet Hosts from all around the globe. 

@Bhumika 🌍 I was born in Gujarat, India 🇮🇳 , and shifted to Toronto, Canada 🇨🇦 last year! 📷 I recently realized my love for photography and aesthetics. I love to capture mundane life and candid pictures. 🌆 When I'm not working, you'll find me binge-watching thriller movies or exploring history.

@Paula : I am from Colombia 🇨🇴 and currently living in British Columbia, Canada 🇨🇦. I have a passion for Latin American culture (I love to dance 💃) . I've had the opportunity to visit around 20 countries 🌎 and plan to visit many more. In my free time, I enjoy outdoor activities, especially mountain biking 🚲 and hiking 🏔.

@Rebecca : I'm from Cardiff in Wales originally but being a military child and a veterans spouse, I've travelled and lived in a lot of different places in the UK and Europe. I'm an environmentalist 🌿 and like to minimise my impact on the planet 🌎 as well as volunteering in my local community.  I love sea swimming 🌊 yoga on the beach 🧘‍ and I'm a children's yoga instructor too! 🙌 

@Elisa : I was born in Italy 🇮🇹 and as a lover of unique experiences—from exploring the streets of Rome🇮🇹 , Paris 🇫🇷, and Toronto 🇨🇦 to appreciating timeless art and cuisine—I'm here to blend the old with the new. 

Now it's your turn! Tell us a bit about yourself. Where are you from? And is there something special about the location of your accommodation that you'd like to share?

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Warm regards,

Bhumika

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

3,448 Replies 3,448
Jeremy1133
Level 2
Manchester, CT

Hello Everyone! My name is Jeremy Anderson. I'm currently living in Manchester CT and have a private room in my house on Airbnb. I've been on Airbnb since May 2024 and so far so good. It's been going so great that I'm currently in the process of helping my Mom add a 3 bedroom house to Airbnb. I enjoy basketball 🏀 and running 🏃🏽‍♂️

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Welcome @Jeremy1133

It's great to hear that it's all gone well for you so far. What is the top advice you've shared with your mom to help her have an equally good start as a Host? 🌟

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Look at the other local Airbnb listings of Superhosts and Guest Favorites for ideas and inspiration.

Good day everyone!

I am Daria, originally from Belarus, living, working and hosting in Italy. I am really happy with my new experience here, it is a very interesting step forward for me to make a switch from a guest status to a host one, I must say. 
Many thanks to Airbnb and to all who participate in this project. Fantastic compliment and let’s go ahead!!!! 👏🏼👍

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Daria322!

It’s wonderful to hear about your exciting journey from guest to host in Italy. 

Since you're new to hosting, I would recommend that you ask the Community for listing critique. It's a great way to receive constructive feedback from fellow hosts on how to enhance your listing. You can learn more about how to request a listing critique by clicking here👈

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Hello everyone! 👋

I’m from Sri Lanka 🇱🇰 and currently based in Colombo. I lived in Dubai for 12 years and have had the opportunity to visit Denmark, Sweden, France, Germany, Kenya, Uganda, and Rwanda.

I’ve worked across various sectors, including teaching mathematics, journalism, money exchange, and FMCG. Currently, I’m focusing on hosting as part of my management role.

I have a strong interest in the latest developments in Data Science and AI and am currently working on a project for my master’s degree in this field. Additionally, I’m passionate about creating AI-powered music using Suno for the lyrics I’ve penned, blending traditional and modern styles. 🎶 I enjoy experimenting with different genres and themes in my music

I’m excited to connect with all of you and hear your stories! 😊

Warm regards!
Siva

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Nadesapillai0. Welcome to the Community 👋

What an incredible journey you've had so far!

It’s amazing that you’ve experienced such a variety of cultures and fields. How have these experiences shaped your approach to hosting?

I would like to invite you to share how your diverse expereinces have influenced your hosting style by starting a 👉new conversation here.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Margot286
Level 2
Barga, Italy

Hello Fellow Hosts and Community Members,

I’m Margot. I have been living abroad since I was 19 (in too many countries and cities to list here). I discovered Airbnb in Paris many years ago and have been hosting and being a guest ever since. My sister and I bought a palazzo in a small Tuscan town and started our AirBnB here earlier this year. 

I look forward to being a member of this community and hearing everyone’s travel and hosting stories.

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Margot286, thank you so much for sharing your introduction! 😊

How has your experience been this year? Do you welcome guests from all over the world, or do you receive more local guests?

I look forward to hearing more about your Airbnb experience 🌟

Regards,

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Hi @Paula

Barga is a unique place, as far as I’m aware. It has a large community of Italo-Scozzese, people who, after the exodus around the world starting 200 years ago, many  came back with their spouses and families. Last year we rented our flats through a property manager via Airbnb and this year we went solo. All of our guests have had some ancestral or family affiliation with Barga. They come back to visit elderly relatives, renovate ancestral properties, get married, see their childhood friends. We love the charm and sense of community in this beautiful town. 

Thank you for having us, Bhumika! 👋 I’m LaNier, based in Kennesaw, GA, but I manage properties in Indianapolis, Nashville, and Tulum, Mexico! 🌴 So excited to connect with everyone here and share this journey together! 🌟 Looking forward to learning and growing with you all! 😊✈️ ~LaNier 

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @LaNier3, thank you so much for sharing your introduction.

That’s interesting! How do you manage all these listings in different locations? Are you a remote co-host?

Thank you for sharing.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Christian4234
Level 2
Vitacura, Chile

Hello everyone! 😊

I’m Christian, originally from the beautiful coastal city of Viña del Mar, Chile 🇨🇱, where the sea meets the vibrant culture of my country. I’m bilingual, fluent in both Spanish and English, and I’ve been mastering a bit of French as well. For the past two years, I’ve had the pleasure of being an Airbnb Superhost, and it’s been an incredible experience.

Viña del Mar is renowned for its stunning beaches, gardens, and vibrant local scene, and I take great pride in offering my guests an unforgettable stay here. I’m deeply committed to creating welcoming, immaculate spaces that reflect the beauty and charm of my city. Cleanliness, attention to detail, and providing a personal touch are my top priorities.

I’m now expanding into co-hosting roles in Kitchener, Canada, and I hope to help other hosts achieve Superhost status as well. If you’re looking for someone who values punctuality and flawless guest experiences, I’m your person! Let’s connect and create amazing hosting experiences together.

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Christian4234,

It’s a pleasure to have you in our community!

For your co-host business, I recommend that you check out this page: How to Find and Become an Experienced Co-Host on Airbnb? 

Please note that promoting services is not allowed in our community, as per our Community Center Guidelines

Best regards,

-----