New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here ‌👇

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here ‌👇

Hello everyone! 😊

Welcome to the Community Center! 👋  I'm @Bhumika , one of the Community Managers for our English Community Center along with my lovely team members @Quincy @Paula and @Rebecca   and we are thrilled to have you join us.

Let's kickstart this thread with a little about us Community Managers:

@Quincy : I'm from the Netherlands 🇳🇱 I have been on the Community Center for 6+ years, and have been an Airbnb Host myself. I love cycling🚲, playing football, and travelling🌏 . I love how dynamic and diverse the Community Center is as we meet Hosts from all around the globe. 

@Bhumika 🌍 I was born in Gujarat, India 🇮🇳 , and shifted to Toronto, Canada 🇨🇦 last year! 📷 I recently realized my love for photography and aesthetics. I love to capture mundane life and candid pictures. 🌆 When I'm not working, you'll find me binge-watching thriller movies or exploring history.

@Paula : I am from Colombia 🇨🇴 and currently living in British Columbia, Canada 🇨🇦. I have a passion for Latin American culture (I love to dance 💃) . I've had the opportunity to visit around 20 countries 🌎 and plan to visit many more. In my free time, I enjoy outdoor activities, especially mountain biking 🚲 and hiking 🏔.

@Rebecca : I'm from Cardiff in Wales originally but being a military child and a veterans spouse, I've travelled and lived in a lot of different places in the UK and Europe. I'm an environmentalist 🌿 and like to minimise my impact on the planet 🌎 as well as volunteering in my local community.  I love sea swimming 🌊 yoga on the beach 🧘‍ and I'm a children's yoga instructor too! 🙌 

Now it's your turn! Tell us a bit about yourself. Where are you from? And is there something special about the location of your accommodation that you'd like to share?

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Warm regards,

Bhumika

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

2,412 Replies 2,412
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Guy-Albert0 , Welcome to the Community! 🌻 

Thanks so much for sharing a little bit about yourself. Do you play any specific music instruments ? 😍 

I noticed that you've been hosting since 5 years 😉 Have there been memorable guest encounters that you would you like to 👉 share with us here ! 👈

-----

Samuel1253
Level 2
San Diego, CA

Hi everyone! My name is Sam and am based in So Cal. I just began listing my first rental located in Lake Ozark, MO. It’s a 5 bedroom lakefront property with its own dock and nice cove for water activities. I’m excited to kick off this journey and see where it goes!

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Samuel1253 what a surreal listing you have! I'm sure it's going to offer a brilliant experience for guests 😍 What sorts of water activities does the place offer? Have you already started receiving potential inquiries since you listed the property? 

-----

The quiet cove the dock sits in is great for swimming, fishing, kayaking/paddle boarding. The lake itself offers endless possibilities of water activities including boat racing. We just hosted our first guest this last weekend and have three more lined up for July/August.

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Wow, such attractive location and activities to do near the listing 😍 

That's great news @Samuel1253 ! Seems like the summer season is going to keep you busy 😉 

How was the experience with the first guest? Did they share any feedback with you about the listing? Is there anything in particular that they absolutely loved about the listing? 🎉

-----

Erin8045
Level 2
Phoenix, AZ

Hi all! I'm a new Airbnb host and am breaking out into the STR/MTR spaces.  My first listing is in Mesa, Arizona and is a 3BD/2BTH.  This has been a lot of fun so far, but also a huge ongoing learning experience.  Happy to have found this forum with like-minded individuals and mentors.  Nice to meet you!  🙂

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Erin8045 , Welcome to the Community Center 🌻.  Congratulations on setting up your first listing. How has been the experience so far? What has been the biggest learning since you published your property? 😉 Do you have any hosting related questions that you'd like to ask other Hosts?

I noticed your listing photos and they look lovely 😍 Have you decorated your listing by yourself? Or took help from an interior designer? I love how you ensured putting in beautiful colors to make your listing attractive 😍

-----

Maurice334
Level 2
Swansea, United Kingdom

My name is Maurice, but my friends know me as Muhyiddin,

I moved to Gower, a designated area of outstanding natural beauty in South Wales about two and a half years ago with my wife Asiya. We built an annexe onto the side of our home, which looks out onto a golf course/common area, where cattle graze in the summer. We're less than a mile from Three Cliffs Bay which has been voted the best beach in Wales.

Our place sleeps four people in a double bedroom and on a sofa bed in the living area. We're expecting our first guests in August

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Maurice334 , It sounds like you've created a beautiful retreat in Gower! I saw your listing photos and living near such scenic and breath-taking views must be so amazing😍. I loved the picture you've shared of the Pobbles beach.

As you're going to welcome your first guests in August, what are you most excited about hosting them? Wishing you all the best! 😍

-----

Special greetings from Nairobi, Kenya 🇰🇪!

My accommodation is in the heart of Westlands, behind the wonderful Kempinski Hotel with a view of the Arboretum forest and Ng'ong hills at a distance. Very secure area near embassies and AU buildings.

I also have another listing located in one of the best parts of Buenos Aires-Puerto Madero, just near the Hilton Hotel! Views of the park and the port from either side with rooftop pool makes this location beyond magical! Argentina remains one of my fav countries till date 🇦🇷

Been hosting since 2018! & the Airbnb changes/improvements have been yummy! 💖
Love Airbnb SO darn much- it's super intuitive both for hosts and guests alike!

Warmly,

Wambugi - Nairobi, Kenya

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Wambugi0 welcome to the Community Center and thank you so much for sharing your about your beautiful listings 😍 How are you managing the listing in Buenos Aires, as you're residing in Nairobi? Do you have a Co-host to help you with the other listing? 

For the month of June, one of our city of the month was Nairobi,Kenya. I was wondering if you were interested in sharing hidden gems and beautiful places in Nairobi with our Community members? 👉City of the month June 2024: Nairobi 🇰🇪 👈 

I'm also reaching out to a few Hosts from Kenya if they would like to drop you a hello and introduce themselves to you 😍@Naomi208 @Jue0 @Pam5 @Marvin183 . 

Do you have any hosting related questions that you'd like to discuss with experienced Hosts?

-----

Tarryn12
Level 1
Denver, CO

Hi Airbnb community, I’m born and raised in South Africa 🇿🇦, now living in Denver, Colorado 🇺🇸 for 2 years already. New to Airbnb, I host my guest room in my apartment.
I’m loving the support and guidance from the Airbnb app and community, as well as the experience of meeting people with such interesting stories and lives!
I work in aviation so have travelled a lot, have family in the Netherlands 🇳🇱 , and love the beautiful seasons here in Colorado.

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Tarryn12 , so glad to hear from you! Welcome to the Community Center 🌻 

How are you feeling about starting your hosting journey? It seems you're already excited to meet guests and people from across the globe, and welcome them to your listing. 😍 

What inspired you to become a Host? 😉

-----