New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here ‌👇

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here ‌👇

Hello everyone! 😊

Welcome to the Community Center! 👋  I'm @Bhumika , one of the Community Managers for our English Community Center along with my lovely team members @Quincy @Paula @Rebecca  and @Elisa  and we are thrilled to have you join us.

Let's kickstart this thread with a little about us Community Managers:

@Quincy : I'm from the Netherlands 🇳🇱 I have been on the Community Center for 6+ years, and have been an Airbnb Host myself. I love cycling🚲, playing football, and travelling🌏 . I love how dynamic and diverse the Community Center is as we meet Hosts from all around the globe. 

@Bhumika 🌍 I was born in Gujarat, India 🇮🇳 , and shifted to Toronto, Canada 🇨🇦 last year! 📷 I recently realized my love for photography and aesthetics. I love to capture mundane life and candid pictures. 🌆 When I'm not working, you'll find me binge-watching thriller movies or exploring history.

@Paula : I am from Colombia 🇨🇴 and currently living in British Columbia, Canada 🇨🇦. I have a passion for Latin American culture (I love to dance 💃) . I've had the opportunity to visit around 20 countries 🌎 and plan to visit many more. In my free time, I enjoy outdoor activities, especially mountain biking 🚲 and hiking 🏔.

@Rebecca : I'm from Cardiff in Wales originally but being a military child and a veterans spouse, I've travelled and lived in a lot of different places in the UK and Europe. I'm an environmentalist 🌿 and like to minimise my impact on the planet 🌎 as well as volunteering in my local community.  I love sea swimming 🌊 yoga on the beach 🧘‍ and I'm a children's yoga instructor too! 🙌 

@Elisa : I was born in Italy 🇮🇹 and as a lover of unique experiences—from exploring the streets of Rome🇮🇹 , Paris 🇫🇷, and Toronto 🇨🇦 to appreciating timeless art and cuisine—I'm here to blend the old with the new. 

Now it's your turn! Tell us a bit about yourself. Where are you from? And is there something special about the location of your accommodation that you'd like to share?

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Warm regards,

Bhumika

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

3,300 Replies 3,300
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Rahul111 , a very warm welcome to the Community Center and am so delighted to see your post🌻.

Thank you so much for your inviting post and we look forward to see you connect with other Hosts in our Community😍.

-----

I would like enjoy hosts community. I would like to know how to add the group . 

Sophia
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Rosy147 😊

You can join the nearest Local Host Club to connect with fellow hosts local to your area. You can share your experiences, exchange valuable knowledge and get advice. Here's a link to the Local Host Clubs 🏡

-----

Hamza210
Level 1
Rawalpindi, Pakistan

Hi (AOA) Everyone My name is hamza and i from Pakistan i am very new user of airbnb from few days i think in this community most of peoples are superhost so i join that community to lern from all of you guys so i requested all of you to support new host. And one thing some client ask me for my phone num but i cant share them after that they cancel his/her booking what i can do for that problem

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Hamza210, welcome to our community,

A great way to start exploring our community is by using the search bar at the top with some keywords. This will bring up some conversations and previous great advice from our Hosts (You can also click on the image below 👇).

Paula_0-1707251876376.png

I am sharing here the 👉Resource Center link, where you can find extensive articles. This is an excellent resource to deepen your understanding of hosting.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

My husband and I own a large lake home in Minnesota that we try to rent out year-round. We enjoy using it as our "cabin" mostly during the summer months but also in the dead of winter when the snow is fresh and the fireplace is burning so we block off some dates for ourselves. It's tough getting winter renters, not everyone is a fan of the cold.

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Melissa2505, welcome to our community.

It would be amazing if you could share some pictures of the lake home. 😍

How has your experience with Airbnb been so far? Please feel free to start a 👉New conversation here to share ideas, tips, or ask questions to our experienced Hosts.

All the best,

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Neal144
Level 2
Arlington, TX

Hello everyone, I’m Neal from Texas, USA. I am a super host for about a year now. I love meeting new people and discovering interesting things about the different guests l have encountered. Wonderful people all. I have been doing ABNB short term rentals, but recently my city sent me a violation stating l am in not the “entertainment district” which allows short term rentals. Now my only choice presently is to list for long term rentals of 30 or more days. We all know how difficult it is to book long term. Have any of you encountered this with your area and what suggestions do you have to see if l can overcome this city regulation. 

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Neal144, welcome to our community,

To gain more visibility in our community and gather excellent advice on STR, I suggest starting a 👉new conversation here.

All the best,

-----

We have been super hosts for almost a year now. Unfortunately we recently received a violation from our city for STR because we are not in there “entertainment district “ which only allows STR within it. I have seen other pockets of STR’s nearby who are required to have a permit, but LTR’s are not. So now l am forced to go to LTR at a great loss of revenue. My guests spend good $$ in the entertainment district when they are here @and the entertainment district makes a lot of money. Any suggestions on what I may try to get the city to grant me a permit for a STR? I am within a mile or less of the entertainment district. Thanks 🙏.

Hi, I am Arvind from India. I own a property very close to Talpona beach in Canacona, South Goa. It's wonderful to be in the company of you all, the dedicated airbnbians! Best wishes. 😊

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Ak17, it is absolutely great to have you here.

I would like to invite you to share some hosting tips with our wonderful community by starting a 👉New conversation here.

I am sure your expertise will greatly benefit many new Hosts 😊

-----

Hello everyone,

We are from Winter Haven, FL and just started hosting our first rental through airbnb! We are so excited to offer a luxury retreat that has some extra special features akin to those quirky love hotels you see all over the world these days. It's going to be an intimate retreat for our guests to reconnect, rejuvenate, and explore new experiences they've never been able to before.

Luke & victor

Luke & victor
Owners of The Index
indexretreats.com
Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Luke682, welcome to our community. Wishing you all the best in your hosting journey 😊

As a new Host, you might have some questions or comments, so please feel free to start a New conversation here ,  asking any questions you have. I am sure our lovely Hosts will be more than happy to share their opinions.

All the best,

-----

Rosy147
Level 2
Vancouver, WA

Hello , this is Rosy from Airbnb Vancouver,Wa host . I would like to enjoying Airbnb community group. Leaning from others . How can enjoy the group? I need help . Thank you !