New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here ‌👇

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here ‌👇

Hello everyone! 😊

Welcome to the Community Center! 👋  I'm @Bhumika , one of the Community Managers for our English Community Center along with my lovely team members @Quincy @Paula @Rebecca  and @Sophia and we are thrilled to have you join us.

Let's kickstart this thread with a little about us Community Managers:

@Quincy : I'm from the Netherlands 🇳🇱 I have been on the Community Center for 6+ years, and have been an Airbnb Host myself. I love cycling🚲, playing football, and travelling🌏 . I love how dynamic and diverse the Community Center is as we meet Hosts from all around the globe. 

@Bhumika 🌍 I was born in Gujarat, India 🇮🇳 , and shifted to Toronto, Canada 🇨🇦 last year! 📷 I recently realized my love for photography and aesthetics. I love to capture mundane life and candid pictures. 🌆 When I'm not working, you'll find me binge-watching thriller movies or exploring history.

@Paula : I am from Colombia 🇨🇴 and currently living in British Columbia, Canada 🇨🇦. I have a passion for Latin American culture (I love to dance 💃) . I've had the opportunity to visit around 20 countries 🌎 and plan to visit many more. In my free time, I enjoy outdoor activities, especially mountain biking 🚲 and hiking 🏔.

@Sophia : Born and bred in the UK 🇬🇧 but my roots are Bangladeshi 🇧🇩. I love cats 🐱, enjoy eating crisps (also known as chips) and enjoy baking 🍪. I also love travelling ✈️  I have worked in Community ever since I graduated and to put it lightly, people are my passion! 💖

@Rebecca : I'm from Cardiff in Wales originally but being a military child and a veterans spouse, I've travelled and lived in a lot of different places in the UK and Europe. I'm an environmentalist 🌿 and like to minimise my impact on the planet 🌎 as well as volunteering in my local community.  I love sea swimming 🌊 yoga on the beach 🧘‍ and I'm a children's yoga instructor too! 🙌 

Now it's your turn! Tell us a bit about yourself. Where are you from? And is there something special about the location of your accommodation that you'd like to share?

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Warm regards,

Bhumika

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

2,210 Replies 2,210

Hi everyone, my name is Reydon and I am from the beautiful island of Barbados! My first listing and I have positive nervous energy about it, just feels exciting to welcome and meet new people from around the world. Looking forward to engaging more with the community and the platform in general.

Sophia
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey @Reydon0 Greetings from the UK!  🇬🇧

love how you're excited to start your adventure 😁 wishing you the very best of luck! Do share your experiences with us 🙌🏽

Feel free to join this discussion where fellow newbie hosts are sharing their feelings about starting their hosting adventure 🎉

-----

Hey @Sophia, Greetings from Barbados, or as we call it BIM! Very much excited and happy to be able to communicate with persons like yourself! Will be sure to share my experiences as they come my way! Still awaiting my first bookings though but hopefully that comes soon.

Nice to meet you!

Gonzalo444
Level 1
Montclair, NJ

Hello everyone! 😊

I'm an Airbnb host from Newark, NJ, and I've been managing my business for three years with a strong focus on providing excellent guest experiences. I'm passionate about tech, real estate, and marketing, and I enjoy staying active with gym sessions. I speak both Spanish and English fluently and have a love for '90s culture and Bad Bunny's music.

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Warm regards,
Gonzalo Navarrete

Hola @Gonzalo444 

me puede dar consejo algo específico con los precios en Aaarhus?

gracias Malou 

Sophia
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Welcome to the CC @Gonzalo444 🎉

Great to have you here 😊 I am also a 90's lover, nothing quite beats the shows & music 📺🎶

thank you for telling us about yourself,  if you would like to you can join this discussion where fellow hosts share their hobbies & interests 💬

I hope you share your experiences with the wider community 🙌🏽

-----

Thierry1031
Level 2
Aix-les-Bains, France

Hi to you all,

I'm Thierry, from Aix-les-Bains, in France.

GrandPa, Dadof3
Atypical, multipotential serial entrepreneur
Rock'n'cook bottle-fed, omnivorous enhancer 🍽🤘:kitchen_knife:
I love the arts, heritage and immersing myself in culinary explorations.
I'm the founder of #lesbistrologiales, dinners between friends who don't yet know each other.
As a writer, I also publish on #wattpad.
I definitely like to pass on and share a certain #frenchartdevivre.

Hope to meet some of you soon !!!

Thierry

Sophia
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Welcome @Thierry1031 to the community 😎
Thank you for telling us a bit about yourself - I love learning more about our wonderful hosts 😊

if you would like to you can join this discussion where fellow hosts share their hobbies & interests 💬

I am also a foodie! What type of cuisine is your favourite? 😋 What kinds of genres do you write? ✍🏽
 I used to read on wattpad but I haven't in years, should get back into it 📖

-----

Florence1107
Level 2
Dorval, Canada

Hello all !  My name is Florence from Canada.  My husband and I have decided almost 2 years ago to plunge into Short Term Vacation rentals and we have 3 chalets in beautiful Orford in the Eastern Townships, Province of Quebec.   Happy to be with AirBnB, great experience and looking forward to exchanging ideas within the community !

Sophia
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey there @Florence1107, a big warm welcome to you! 🎉  

That sounds awesome 😎 I bet you have plenty of wisdom to share with the community 😀

If you would like to write about your hosting experiences so far and share some tips, feel free to create a post here. I do hope you decide to share your journey with us! 

-----

Colette459
Level 2
Stuart, FL

Hello everyone!

I'm excited to share a bit about myself. I'm originally from New York, but a few years ago, my husband and I decided to buy a little piece of paradise down in Florida. Recently, we've taken the plunge into the world of renting it out while we travel. With our Florida spot open to fellow travelers, we're even more excited to share our love for Stuart, Florida and all it has to offer. 

See the listing here:  airbnb.com/h/hiddengemstuart

Can't wait to swap stories and connect with all of you!

Sophia
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey @Colette459, your listing is stunning 😍 I love how close it is to the sandy beaches 🏖

I'm glad you took a leap of faith and started your hosting journey 😎 I hope you are enjoying travelling around the globe with your husband ✈️🌍

Do share your experiences and photos of your adventures with us! 🎒

-----

Megan1337
Level 1
Midlothian, VA

Hi! I'm Megan from Virginia. We have several homes listed on Airbnb around the Richmond area, as well as one at Smith Mountain Lake. I'm looking to connect with others in my area who may want help managing their rentals. Thanks!

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Megan1337, we're thrilled to have you here! How is your spring shaping up? I'm a bit surprised by the weather; hopefully, sunny days are on the way.

I wanted to share this link where you can start a new conversation to connect with fellow Hosts in your area. This will help increase your visibility in the community.

Best regards,

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Victória17
Level 2
Belém, Brazil

Olá!
Sou nova na comunidade. Me chamo Victória e, apesar de usar o Airbnb em viagens há muito tempo, me tornei anfitriã somente esse ano, estou no início do caminho de aprendizado. Sou de Belém do Pará, Amazônia brasileira, e gosto muito de compartilhar a cultura local, especialmente sobre comidas e músicas. Espero aprender muito aqui na comunidade, para melhor receber em minha hospedagem.