New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here ‌👇

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here ‌👇

Hello everyone! 😊

Welcome to the Community Center! 👋  I'm @Bhumika , one of the Community Managers for our English Community Center along with my lovely team members @Quincy @Paula @Rebecca  and @Sophia and we are thrilled to have you join us.

Let's kickstart this thread with a little about us Community Managers:

@Quincy : I'm from the Netherlands 🇳🇱 I have been on the Community Center for 6+ years, and have been an Airbnb Host myself. I love cycling🚲, playing football, and travelling🌏 . I love how dynamic and diverse the Community Center is as we meet Hosts from all around the globe. 

@Bhumika 🌍 I was born in Gujarat, India 🇮🇳 , and shifted to Toronto, Canada 🇨🇦 last year! 📷 I recently realized my love for photography and aesthetics. I love to capture mundane life and candid pictures. 🌆 When I'm not working, you'll find me binge-watching thriller movies or exploring history.

@Paula : I am from Colombia 🇨🇴 and currently living in British Columbia, Canada 🇨🇦. I have a passion for Latin American culture (I love to dance 💃) . I've had the opportunity to visit around 20 countries 🌎 and plan to visit many more. In my free time, I enjoy outdoor activities, especially mountain biking 🚲 and hiking 🏔.

@Sophia : Born and bred in the UK 🇬🇧 but my roots are Bangladeshi 🇧🇩. I love cats 🐱, enjoy eating crisps (also known as chips) and enjoy baking 🍪. I also love travelling ✈️  I have worked in Community ever since I graduated and to put it lightly, people are my passion! 💖

@Rebecca : I'm from Cardiff in Wales originally but being a military child and a veterans spouse, I've travelled and lived in a lot of different places in the UK and Europe. I'm an environmentalist 🌿 and like to minimise my impact on the planet 🌎 as well as volunteering in my local community.  I love sea swimming 🌊 yoga on the beach 🧘‍ and I'm a children's yoga instructor too! 🙌 

Now it's your turn! Tell us a bit about yourself. Where are you from? And is there something special about the location of your accommodation that you'd like to share?

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Warm regards,

Bhumika

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

2,200 Replies 2,200
Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Olá @Victória17,

É um prazer tê-la em nossa comunidade e muito obrigada por compartilhar sua apresentação. Quero te contar que existe uma comunidade de língua portuguesa com muitos anfitriões do Brasil que podem ajudar com seus conselhos. Aqui está o link da comunidade de língua portuguesa e, neste link, você pode iniciar uma conversa fazendo as perguntas que tiver.

Um abraço.

---

Hello Victoria,

It's a pleasure to have you in our community, and thank you so much for sharing your presentation. I want to let you know that there is a Portuguese-speaking community with many Hosts from Brazil who can help with their advice. Here is the link to the Portuguese-speaking community, and in this link, you can start a conversation by asking any questions you have.

Regards, 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Ruth1482
Level 2
Orlando, FL

Hi everyone! My name is Ruth I am in Orlando but originally from Haiti. I like to travel and surf the internet. My true passion is hospitality, I am happy to be part of this community where I can learn and share what I know from navigating my Airbnb. In just 1 year I learn a lot.

Sophia
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Ruth1482, a very big welcome to you! 🎉 How long have you been living in Orlando, how do you find living there? 😊

Feel free to join this discussion where fellow hosts are sharing their life-changing travel experiences ✈️🌍 

Please do share your experiences with the wider community by creating a post here, I bet you have lots of tips that could help new hosts 😎

-----

Hi Sophia,

Thank you for the warm welcome. I moved to Orlando from Homestead in 2019 just before Covid. The City is very diverse, there is a lot to do for each age group. We are 45 to 1 hour from the beaches East or West Coast, we have Team parks and some museums. The biggest downfall is school (not so great compared to Miami Dade County). 

It is great to be part of a community that shares your goals and ideas, I have only 1 year in the business I like it, just hoping to make some profits soon.

Thank you for having me.

Ruth

Sophia
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thank you @Ruth1482 for sharing your story 🤗I moved towns in 2019 also, just before covid. How did you find settling in? It took me couple of years to adjust to a different area 😅

If you need any advice, please feel free to ask the community by creating a post here✍🏼

If you'd like to, you can ask for feedback on your listing from fellow hosts. 

Check out this guide on how to: Ask for listing critique on the Community Center 🏡

Hope to see you around 🌺

-----

Kalpana18
Level 1
Dehradun, India

Hello!
I am a new host and absolutely loving all the interactions with the guests. I live at a cottage at the property and have 3 cabins listed. There is also a restaurant **bleep** cafe on-site. We are new at this and it's mostly about setting up an environment that I and my family have envisioned for a looong time. 

I live in the foothills of Mussoorie, in the forests along the main road. We also have a seasonal waterfall that flows for about 8 months in all it's glory. Look forward to all the inputs the community has to offer and to giving my 2 cents wherever I can.  🙂 

Sophia
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey @Kalpana18, a big warm welcome to you! 🤗

Nothing quite compares to seeing your vision become a reality 😍

I love the waterfall feature by the stairs, it's gorgeous 🌊

Feel free to join this discussion where fellow newbie hosts are sharing their feelings about starting their hosting adventure 🎉

-----

JJ--Judith0
Level 2
San Juan Capistrano, CA

Hi all here, and community managers, you inspire me! I've been hosting here in southern California for approximately 13 years and even thruout Covid, when had to shorten a stay for a guest from London, yet still were able to have another 2 month long local guest until we decide to remodel a guest bathroom, I've learned an essential truth: people love people globally, and that keeps us open and thankful! I am originally from music city Motown - Detroit , Michigan, but married a Jamaican from Kingston, another music city 🙂   We love to share our Soul & Reggae vibes here.   We built  a backyard 'Jah Love Shack" bar with Caribbean style, beloved by guests:-).  I'm also a portrait and culture photographer, as well as a local historic tour guide, volunteering with 2 local non-profits offering these.  One Love and Respect ! Judith aka JJ

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @JJ--Judith0 , We're so delighted to have you with us! 🌻

Thank you so much for sharing about your incredible journey with us. I love the quote you've shared "people love people globally"😍

Your backyard 'Jah Love Shack" bar with Caribbean style sounds so cool and fascinating! Would you like to share a beautiful picture of it with our Community?

I'm also curious, do you have any memorable stories or experiences from your 13 years of hosting that you'd like to share? 

-----

JJ--Judith0
Level 2
San Juan Capistrano, CA

Hi again Bhumika and fellow hosts! Per your suggestion,here's a pic of myself at my backyard Jah Love Shack bar, a fav outdoor spot for guests to chill Caribbean style when at our home her in southern California. We have many stories of international guests visiting, but perhaps a most memorable 2 weeks hosting was for a Tahitian dad and his 2  boys. They were ages 7 & 12 at the time, competing in junior surfing events in SoCal  (there are many) , and they loved our trampoline and pool, and did the most amazing acrobatics on & in both while at home after competing. The 12 yr old won most of his age category, and both  were receiving surf-swag daily by California surf brands daily, with packages piling up at the front door &  in our living room:-) Their last night with us we had a backyard reggae party with other surf friends, and they prepared the most amazing Tahitian Ahi Tuna salad dish marinated in coconut milk. Along with our Jamaican Jerk chicken & Rice & Peas, and rum drinks of course, everyone was totally chill!  They are now surfing stars on IG & Tik Tok, etc, and have returned once during a west coast competition for a visit  again.  Life Long friends !  Host JJ at the backyard Jah Luv ShackHost JJ at the backyard Jah Luv ShackRespect to all! JJ

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @JJ--Judith0 , what a pretty picture 🤩! Jah Love Shack bar sounds like the perfect spot for guests to relax and soak in those good Caribbean vibes. Hosting these talented little guests must surely have been such a unique experience. It's incredible to hear of all their big achievements at such a young age ! 😍 

It’s heartwarming to hear that you’ve made life-long friends through this. Cheers to many more memorable hosting moments! 🥂 Thanks again for sharing this beautiful picture and story with us🎉

-----

JJ--Judith0
Level 2
San Juan Capistrano, CA

My pleasure!

JJ

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

This is such a lovely story! Thank you so much for sharing this @JJ--Judith0 😊 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

JJ--Judith0
Level 2
San Juan Capistrano, CA

Thank @Quincy , we've hosted several Londoners as well, and my own son-in-law is from Finchly, North London

Daniel13054
Level 1
Bogotá, Colombia

Hi everyone! My name is Daniel, and I’m from Colombia, it’s a pleasure to be here, and would be an honor to learn from this community and then help people with my knowledge. At this moment I have two beautiful properties in a place called “La Mesa” it’s a place with a lot of nature around it, and also a quiet place to live or visit, it’s so close to Bogotá (the capital of Colombia). I’m on the rent business since 4 years ago, and at this point I’m continue saying that this is a continuous learning. Thanks for a place here in the community, and let me know if you a have a question, it would be a pleasure to answer.