New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here ‌👇

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here ‌👇

Hello everyone! 😊

Welcome to the Community Center! 👋  I'm @Bhumika , one of the Community Managers for our English Community Center along with my lovely team members @Quincy @Paula @Rebecca  and @Sophia and we are thrilled to have you join us.

Let's kickstart this thread with a little about us Community Managers:

@Quincy : I'm from the Netherlands 🇳🇱 I have been on the Community Center for 6+ years, and have been an Airbnb Host myself. I love cycling🚲, playing football, and travelling🌏 . I love how dynamic and diverse the Community Center is as we meet Hosts from all around the globe. 

@Bhumika 🌍 I was born in Gujarat, India 🇮🇳 , and shifted to Toronto, Canada 🇨🇦 last year! 📷 I recently realized my love for photography and aesthetics. I love to capture mundane life and candid pictures. 🌆 When I'm not working, you'll find me binge-watching thriller movies or exploring history.

@Paula : I am from Colombia 🇨🇴 and currently living in British Columbia, Canada 🇨🇦. I have a passion for Latin American culture (I love to dance 💃) . I've had the opportunity to visit around 20 countries 🌎 and plan to visit many more. In my free time, I enjoy outdoor activities, especially mountain biking 🚲 and hiking 🏔.

@Sophia : Born and bred in the UK 🇬🇧 but my roots are Bangladeshi 🇧🇩. I love cats 🐱, enjoy eating crisps (also known as chips) and enjoy baking 🍪. I also love travelling ✈️  I have worked in Community ever since I graduated and to put it lightly, people are my passion! 💖

@Rebecca : I'm from Cardiff in Wales originally but being a military child and a veterans spouse, I've travelled and lived in a lot of different places in the UK and Europe. I'm an environmentalist 🌿 and like to minimise my impact on the planet 🌎 as well as volunteering in my local community.  I love sea swimming 🌊 yoga on the beach 🧘‍ and I'm a children's yoga instructor too! 🙌 

Now it's your turn! Tell us a bit about yourself. Where are you from? And is there something special about the location of your accommodation that you'd like to share?

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Warm regards,

Bhumika

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

2,230 Replies 2,230
Edward824
Level 2
California, United States

Hi Rebecca,

I have just created a separate Disneyland Guidebook with some of the things and tips that I've picked up from others over the years.   

My name is Eugenia,

I live in Oberon, a small rural town in the Central West Region of New South Wales in Australia.

Oberon is popular for its cool summers and cold winters with occasional snow.

I've been hosting since August 2023, so I am new to hosting and the Community Centre.

Regards

Eugenia

Sophia
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello from the UK🇬🇧 @Eugenia501, how is your hosting journey going so far?

-----

My name is Tafadzwa and I am from south Africa. I have a passion of hosting Parties and conferences

Sophia
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Tafadzwa5 😊 how is hosting going so far? I hope to visit South Africa one day 🇿🇦

-----

Hello everyone! I'm excited to be a part of this community and looking forward to getting to know all of you. My name is Legeng and I'm from Melbourne. I'm interested in listen muzik and I'm hoping to connect with like-minded individuals here. I can't wait to start engaging in discussions and contributing to this wonderful community. Thank you for having me!

Sophia
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi there @Legend10 👋🏽 It's great to have you here, hope to see you around! 
If you have any questions, feel free to create a post here 😊

-----

Hello Everyone! I truly would enjoy meeting the other hosts that are in my area. We too are super hosts! We have now been open 1 1/2 years. We have Whispering Pines on the Kootenai.. We furnish hand soap, soap for the shower along with shampoo. I also have a small basket that I place on the counter in the bathroom with razors for men or woman, shave cream, make up wipe of cloths, tooth brushes, tooth paste, hand lotion, floss, hand sanitizer. in the kitchen we leave a small basket of snacks, peanuts, almonds, cashews, popcorn, granola bars and instant oatmeal. Since we live on the river we share our Paddle Boards and Kayaks with them. We can even take them and drop them off and pick them up at a designated time. We have much wildlife living on the River. We truly know how blessed we are.

Sophia
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey there @Deanna-And-Del0, this is such a lovely gesture for your guests 💖 I bet they really appreciate it! Your listing location sounds amazing, I bet guests are never short of things to do! 😊 

-----

I'm Juba and I'm from Georgia, I like to travel and walk at night with my loved ones

Sophia
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey there @Juba23 Welcome to the CC 🎉 Glad to have you here 😊

-----

Welcome at my new place for accomodation, it is located in Moshi rural at the village called Mabogini a famous place for growing paddy.

Hello everyone, I am Wael Allam from Egypt and I want to join you in the Airbnb community

@Wael53 I see that you are now a Host and joined Airbnb community. Joining the Airbnb community as a host offers a unique opportunity to share your space with travelers from around the world while earning extra income. The Airbnb community is built on the idea of belonging anywhere. You may also consider the following to get more bookings or occupancies. 

-Use high-quality photos and write detailed descriptions highlighting what makes your space unique and comfortable. Be clear about what guests can expect. Research prices of similar listings in your area to set competitive rates.

-Provide a clean, well-maintained space. Small touches like a welcome note, local tips, or complimentary snacks can make a big difference in guest satisfaction.

-Be responsive to inquiries and communication from guests. Clear and prompt communication before and during their stay is key to a positive experience.

-Guests often choose Airbnb for a more authentic experience. Provide recommendations for local attractions, restaurants, and hidden gems.

-Encourage guests to leave reviews and take their feedback seriously to improve your listing and hosting style. Hope this helps! 

Hello community,  My name is Hancaltuu I am a super host located in Des Moines, Iowa. To host interested, I provide cleaning services to the Des Moines area. I look forward to connecting with you all on this journey.