Next CC Social online meetup: Friday April 17th

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Next CC Social online meetup: Friday April 17th

Social meetup.jpg

Hello everyone,

We had a fantastic first EN CC social online meetup last Friday, thank you once again @Cathie19@Sandra126@Lawrene0@Ann72@Melodie-And-John0@Clara116@Roberta2 for attending. It was so nice to see you all and it was lovely to see some of the wonderful views from your homes. It really made my week. 

We all agreed in the meetup that we would love to have these weekly and so our next one will be on: Friday April 17th,  12pm UK *(9pm Sydney,  7am New York) 

For those of you who haven't heard about this before, the gathering is a way of bringing us all together, to chat about whatever comes to mind and hopefully have a bit of laughter at the same time. It's not specifically Airbnb related. 

In the last meetup, we thought we could add a theme to each meetup and we are starting easy–all you have to do is turn up with a nice hat (beanie, top hat, flat cap, baseball hat etc...) anything you fancy. (This is of course optional, but if we are going to look ridiculous/fabulous, let's all do it together!) 

I know many of you have already said you would like to attend, which is wonderful, but I also wanted to make sure the word is out and invite anyone else would would like to join. 

For those of you who have already replied to me, I'll send you the Zoom link before the meetup via your CC inbox. If anyone else would like to join us please reply below or feel free to message me via DM (it really would be lovely to see you). 

Also, if you have any topics you would like to discuss, feel free to add below. 

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Lizzie

* Timezones - this meetup we are going for an APAC friendly time, sorry to USA PST members this is a little early for you, but if you fancy it we would love to see you!

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

28 Replies 28

@Cathie19 @Lizzie @Quincy I so enjoyed hearing alittle from each of you....till next time! Blessings and stay safe 💥♥️

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

I had a slice of marmite toast for lunch haha @Cathie19 !

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

Nothing personal @Stephanie , but you can keep your Marmite....... 🙂

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Cathie19 

Haha that implies I'd allow anyone to take it from me! Black gold! 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

@Cathie19 , @Lizzie , @Stephanie  & @Quincy @Gordon0@Kimberly29 , @Jessica-and-Henry0 , @Christine615 , @Clara116 , @Ann72@Melodie-And-John0 , @Robin4. as well as @Roberta2 , It was fun to see everyone and look forward to the next one.  Everyone stay well until then, and Rob, stop being such a wall flower, speak up and join in a bit more won't you, Ha ha! JR

Yes! Absolutely. That was so much fun. I'm looking forward to the next one. It makes the community feel so much closer! (and did I say I was going to stop venting on the community boards - darn - now I have witnesses - 🙂 )

Stay safe everyone. Hugs!

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello everyone,

Thank you again to @Cathie19@Lawrene0@Robin4@Melodie-And-John0@Clara116@Christine615@Jessica-and-Henry0@Ann72@Kimberly29@Roberta2@Stephanie, @Quincy, @Gordon0, @Sandra126  for attending the last social meetup. It was really lovely to speak with you all and a great effort with the hats. I actually got quite comfortable wearing my bicycle helmet (I almost forgot I had it on!) 

For those of you who missed it (+ Gordon who had to dash before the photo) here is us looking very smiley...and pretty stylish if I do say so myself: 

Screenshot 2020-04-17 at 13.05.33.png

I think one of my highlights was once again seeing the views from your windows (those in a daytime timezone!). We saw some beautiful outdoor spaces from Gordon, Roberta, Kimberly and Clara. It's so nice at times like this to have a little bit of a haven to spend time in. I do think we should start a view from our home thread. Anyone fancy starting this? 

The week is already on it's way, so it's time to arrange the next one and I think we are going back to a North America time friendly time, but I wonder if this week we can push it back by an hours to make it slightly nicer:

How about Friday April 24th, 10pm UK?*

* New York - Friday April 24th, 5pm

* Darwin - Saturday April 25th, 6.30am

* Sydney - Saturday April 25th, 7am

* Seoul - Saturday April 25th, 6am  (this may be a little early for you Jessica! : ) )

If this seems a good time to many of you, I'll create a new topic for us to discuss it more shortly. 

Thanks again, looking forward to the next one. 

Lizzie

--------------------

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Awe... Look at all those smiling faces.  It was lovely meeting everyone and having such a delightfully lighthearted chat.  Looking forward to this Friday at 10 PM UK time:-)

You all know me so well now :-))))

I doubt I'll be up at 6am on a Saturday.... Lol~

Have fun this week and I'll join again next time~

Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

Love the pic, @Lizzie - thanks for a great meet-up!  I'll be there Friday - and thank you for making it cocktail hour...

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Haha! This thought did come into my mind when I put the NY time down @Ann72 : )

--------------------

Robin4
Top Contributor
Mount Barker, Australia

@Lizzie 

Oh your pushing it girl, but I will try and be very disciplined the night before. The last time I was up and into it at 6.30 in the morning a bright star rose in the east!

I mentioned on another thread Lizzie I am going to rename myself to include my avatar....

Rob @ Robin4. I hope you don't have an objection to that, if you do please let me know. 

I know most of the people here on the CC by avatar, not visually, and it would make it a bit easier to identify those faces for me if, as a group we did that! 

Cheers......Rob

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Sounds good @Robin4

Sorry this is an early one for you, maybe you can go back to bed afterwards! hehe 

--------------------

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey everyone,

Just to let you know, I've just shared the details for the next meetup. Take a look here

Let me know if you have any questions. 

Exciting times. : )

Lizzie

--------------------