No Reply button on messages

Paul5907
Level 1
Wellington, New Zealand

No Reply button on messages

Since the introduction of the new hosting message system, I'm unable to send messages using desktop.  I can type text into the (tiny) box that appears, but there seems to be no way of actually sending the message.  In order to reply to messages from guests, I can only do this via the mobile app.  I've tried using Internet Explorer,  Firefox etc, but there just doesn't seem to be a Send button anywhere!  Any help appreciated.

4 Replies 4
Paul5907
Level 1
Wellington, New Zealand

Paul5907_0-1590549219740.png

This is all that shows on the screen, no reply button even when I scroll to bottom of page.

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Paul5907 

I hope you are well. If you simply hit enter once done typing, it will send it to the other user like on the screenshot below. Hope this helps, Nick.

Screenshot 2020-05-29 at 16.21.15.png

Paul5907
Level 1
Wellington, New Zealand

Thanks Nick, however the screenshot suggests I have to click the Arrow Up symbol, which isn't the same as pressing the Enter button.  What if I want to use the Enter button as a carriage return, to start a new paragraph?   I can't experiment with these options without having an open conversation with a user, which could be embarrassing.

Also, why is the text screen so awfully small?  Scrolling to see what I've written really isn't user friendly.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Paul5907 @Nick  This is exactly the kind of thing hosts have been objecting to forever- Airbnb changes the format and the way things function, without any explanation of how to then access things. Somehow we are simply supposed to intuit what to do? 

It is so incredibly disrespèctful of Airbnb to continue to do this sort of thing- a simple notification as to the fact that something has been changed, with an explanation of how to now use that feature, which any other online business does, is necessary.