No children

Christine3422
Level 1
Bredon, United Kingdom

No children

I have a no children policy but this fact only appears as a small point in the 'house rules' section, and I can't find a way of now editing my listing to include this in a more prominent position. I've tried to edit my listing to incorporate this info in the main description but the only thing I  can now edit is my own profile! 

I've had to decline 3 bookings in as many weeks because people aren't reading this small section before booking.

Any advice?

2 Replies 2
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Christine3422 

You can add it also in your houserules like "accommodation is not suitable for chideren".

If guests did not read the listing, explain issue and ask them to retract the booking request.

David-And-Kirsten0
Level 2
Hobart, Australia

I have never understood why Airbnb even permits bookings to proceed that clearly are not in accord with house rules.  If something is in house rules, then it's not that hard to create an algorithm - children - ditto for pets, smoking, vaccination status, or whatever. 

We turned off instant booking near the start of the Pandemic because we wanted to make sure that guests were vaccinated - never had a single push back from asking.   The biggest issue is, and always has been, guests with children who are 'no trouble'.  Even then, we still get push back when we decline a booking because the enquirer is convinced that we shouldn't make rules about our own place.  

Airbnb could easily fix this - they don't though.