Notifications glitch is KILLING ME!

Karen2391
Level 4
Pensacola, FL

Notifications glitch is KILLING ME!

For too long now, I am not receiving notifications of guest contact, no phone alerts of inquiries, requests or IBs and it is flat out ruining my hosting. I am being forced to ceaselessly check the platform for any guest contact and because this is an impossible task, I seem to lapse PRECISELY and apparently ONLY (grrrr) when timeliness is critical in the contact. I’ve had two very unnecessary cancellations and lost two same-day bookings due to the issue. What’s more, I’m now under threat of having my calendar blocked for letting those same-day requests expire (They came in just hours prior to checkin and I was unable to deny or accept the request past checkin time so they HAD to expire!)  and my pristine one-hour response time is broken. I am not able to respond promptly to inquiries and this creates anxiety for a future guest and affects my host standard for consistent excellence. 

Yes, my settings are correct, website and phone. Yes, I’ve put in formal fix requests. Three of them. Nada. 

Anyone have any suggestions? I literally cannot continue this way. 

2 Replies 2
Karen2391
Level 4
Pensacola, FL

Ok, nevermind. I was advised elsewhere (not by an Airbnb rep?) to do a simple reinstall of the app. Perhaps this was all. Apparently, constant connection to the app needs to be interrupted and rebooted on some kind of basis.....

Liv
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey @Karen2391,

Good to know the issue was solved. Thanks for updating us 😊