Ok.

Ok.

When you have A ONE STAR review. 

Becaus guest is upset , she didn't like you for one little issue.!!!

Now , this is the only way to give you the nasty PUNISHMENT against you.!!!

Still is a wrong approach.!!!

💯💯💯

Because his/ her review is a under a emotional review. 

That's call under the  influence review. 

That's a wrong review. 

That's a fake review. 

That's a bogus review. 

That's a Unfair review.

So , when AIRBNB thinks that's ok.

As a host where we go from here.!!!

No where to go to seek an EXCELLENT help.

Like the CORONOVIRUS is everywhere.

Like the CORRUPTIONS everywhere. 

Like DEVIL  is everywhere. 

Like the INJUSTICE is everywhere. 

Like the bad business practice is everywhere. 

it's a  fatal mistake by Airbnb.

💯💯💯

4 Replies 4

@Shawn184   Has a host ever gotten a bad review without believing it to be "fake" and "unfair"? 

The review you're talking about was clearly dramatic and overwrought, but any prospective guest can see that it was based on a temporary problem with the water rather than something fundamentally wrong with your property. That gives you the opportunity to post an even-tempered public response to show that you can receive feedback gracefully and resolve problems in a professional manner.

Unfortunately, the way you responded did you more harm than good. Choosing not to review the guest doesn't really help you out there either. And going on a public forum, visible to the whole internet, and ranting about the DEVIL and CORRUPTION makes you sound utterly unhinged.

These are tough times for everyone, and it sounds like you've had a particularly challenging experience with this guest. It's understandable that you're feeling stressed. But please, reel that in the best you can. Guests are taking a leap of faith when they choose to rent a home from a stranger instead of more predictable hotel, and they won't feel safe doing this if they think their host has anger management issues. 

Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

That’s quite a retaliatory response you left for the guest, @Shawn184If anything, it illustrates you as being on a par with the guest. A

big mistake IMO.

Luana130
Level 10
State of Bahia, Brazil

The guest seems pretty angry, but not unreasonably... She seems to address problems she had with you and the property. You are the one who seems to be overreacting and unreasonable with this post.

Let me ask you this, what happened? Tell us your side of things. Did she have hot water at any point in her stay? Did her dog damage the furniture? Do you have pictures to prove (that is an easy one to prove if it actually happened, though not insured by airbnb). Did you offer any compensation for not having water and electricity?

Tell us what you did to try to solve the problem for her. 

All hosts here know that problems can occur during a stay, the important bit is what you do to solve them, and how the guest perceives the steps you are taking to try and solve them. If it seems like you don't care or that you are not taking imediate action, the guest can feel cheated. I've had plenty of problems when guests were staying, not one ever complained about it. Let me give you a few examples:

1) Guest messages me at 11pm to say the refrigerator is not working. I tell her I can go over to collect the food she had in it to store, and that I will sort it out first thing in the morning. She said since I was going to sort it out in the morning she would just put everything in the freezer till then. At 8:30am I was at the door with a new refrigerator.

2) The maid was cleanning an apartment for a guest that was to arrive at 3pm. While we were cleaning (about 9am) the maid broke an exposed pipe, water went everywhere. The first thing I did after I turned the water off was send a message to the guest to say what happened, but that we were already sorting out but that might be a delay on her check-in. The key is to always keep the guest informed. Found a plumber who could come asap, went out bought the parts he needed, came back, helped the maid clean while he worked. 3:30 sent a message to the guest apologising again and letting her know the apartment was ready for her.

Those are just a couple of problems I have had. The main thing is to drop everything to sort the problem, and keep in constant communication with the guest to let them know how you are going to sort the problem.

Shawn456
Level 1
Valdosta, GA

She wanted full refund. 

Even though nothing fundamentally were wrong inside.

1.It was a excellent clean place.

2.It was a great location. 

3.I communicate with her very quickly .

4.Prices was less then $ 100 per night included cleaning fees.

5.Electric ,plumbing, water, heater , and all amenities were there that nothing was lacking .

Even though,

She managed to gave me a 5 star review for cleaning and location .

At the end one star just for hot water and over all one star.

I gave her full refund but at the end one star review and lost my super host status.

That's Unbelievable.!!!

💯💯💯