The Good in the Bad of it all!

Melodie-And-John0
Level 10
Munnsville, NY

The Good in the Bad of it all!

Hello all, I hope you are hanging in there, your in my prayers!   I just needed to start a new thread in this gloomy "Covid 19 Discussions room" that will be called, "The Good in the Bad of it all".   Lots of things suck about the effects Covid 19 has wreaked on our community and every walk in life surrounding it.  This thread is not about that stuff, this is about the "Good stuff" that has happened to find its way to the top of the deck while the world is still fighting a viral wildfire. 

It could be something like I listed in other threads like "I don't have to pay my taxes until July 15 instead of April 15" or "I now have time to ______________", fill in the blank with that job you wanted to do but couldn't get the time because things were so busy.  Maybe something like "My ___________ has rallied and helping by_____________",  Someone and something that made life better for someone or many people in need of assistance. 

Its never good to dwell on just what ails us literally or figuratively so lets kick this up a notch, Thanks for what I'm sure will Be a interesting and uplifting thread, Stay well, JR 

35 Replies 35
Rodney11
Level 9
Toronto, Canada

My country has a publicly funded health care system, so at least if I require any medical attention around COVID-19, it won't likely bankrupt me. 

That is very good indeed. I can only seek medical attention if I am bleeding from my eyeballs (unfortunately, not a symptom.) 

I certainly hope it doesn't come to that @Emilia42 

@Rodney11 , I had some surprise guests from your nation show up unannounced  from down south this morning, your citizens are literally flocking to get back home (I think for the beer and Back Bacon)!  They were noisy as heck (I don't speak Canadian so well so I had to use a translator), complained there weren't enough snacks (the last group that looked like them ate them all, I havent had a chance to refresh them), they weren't hygienically presentable (Left me some gifts on the carpet) literally took over the place when they arrived (now The Muskrats are rebelling and saying we will accept anybody), their review will reflect my concerns, that's for sure.  Stay well, JR

IMG_0785.jpg 

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Super view @Melodie-And-John0 - I remember that from our meetups.  Is that a weeping willow tree? It will lovely when that starts to come out. 

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Hi @Lizzie , Thanks, I do love that view.  indeed that is a giant willow, I just finished cleaning up all the debris it drops through the winter and its starting to look its beautiful self again.  I have a few of those behemoths, they are the best shade tree ever, right beside that is one of the lilac's, just starting to come to life.  Spring can be wonderful, we just need to get rid of the rain and the covid, then lifes perfect!  Stay well, JR

See @Melodie-And-John0 , and everyone always assumes Canadian visitors are so polite and well behaved, HA!!! I guess they couldn't resist the beautiful view you have there!

@Melodie-And-John0 

The biggest positive change for us since we've been practicing social distancing due to covid-19 is....... Henry and I have significantly reduced our dependence on take-out/delivery, and instead are eating more home-cooked meals.

Fyi..... Henry's the cook. I focus on eating. Lol~~~ 

@Jessica-and-Henry0 let's see some pics of these delicious dishes.

@Rodney11 @Melodie-And-John0 

Here are a few~~ enjoy~^^

Beef and Scallops with grilled veggies - Korean style~Beef and Scallops with grilled veggies - Korean style~

Grilled RibsGrilled Ribs

Sweet & Sour Spicy Noodles (jjolymyeon)Sweet & Sour Spicy Noodles (jjolymyeon)

Spicy stir-fried rice cakes  (Tteokbokki)Spicy stir-fried rice cakes (Tteokbokki)

Wow @Jessica-and-Henry0 , Henry is an awesome cook, you are very lucky for sure!

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Wow, @Jessica-and-Henry0 was a treat. We all know where to stop off for food when we are next allowed to travel. : )

Did it take you a long time to cook all of this?

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

@Lizzie 

Korean style grilling or bbq is usually done at the table...... sort of grill-as-you-eat. So just need to prepare the meat and veggies and get the kimchi from the fridge... then once we're seated we're ready to start grilling and eating :-)))

Jjolmyeon and Tteokbokki are fairly easy and simple dishes. Usually takes about 15~25 mins to whip up and serve. 

Yes! When we are able to travel again, come to Seoul~ we'd love to see you~ and take you out on a foodie tour~☆ Theme: Eat & Drink like a local~

Melodie-And-John0
Level 10
Munnsville, NY

A small sign things are getting better, I got both dis wipes and paper towels at the store this morning.  First Time Ive seen either in a full moon  or two.  I successfully fought off the urge to horde, only a few of either on the giant nearly empty shelf.  Stay well, JR  

Towels and Dis Wipes!!!!Towels and Dis Wipes!!!!