can some help me out to checked covid-19 vaccine authentication or hoax

Answered!
Manasui0
Level 10
Bali, Indonesia

can some help me out to checked covid-19 vaccine authentication or hoax

@Airbnb @Huma0 @Anonymous @Sarah977 @Susan17 

Hi guys.. I'm asking for help.. can you help me to confirm for such a vaccine is really true, by checking news through different language and different news media

It says that South Korea has successfully created a vaccine for Covid-19 .. it has been develop by a doctor named Kim Woo Joo.. your help are deeply appreciated.. and if it's true .. pandemic finally shine a better sign finally.. if it's not a hoax.. the whole world will soon start to get a similar news..

https://www.martirnews.com/2020/04/selamat-datang-vaksin-covid-19-terima.html?fbclid=IwAR3L4OuJ_-JOlEe6vy82J670OhDBMAZpZFlskoHjU0nmBDRhFiBd1X1-4iM

is an article in my language about the creation of vaccine of Covid-19

Jeffrey Bong
1 Best Answer

I'm personally a biomedical scientist and I can tell you there's no way to guarantee when an effective vaccine can be delivered. As far as I know there are at least 20 different vaccines developed in various ways that are being tested with volunteers worldwide, while in US it seems 6 of them are bearing the best hope. The volunteer test is conducted by "cycles" where you inject the vaccine to the volunteers (like 500, or 1000 healthy people) and then test the antibodies concentration in blood after like 2 weeks while monitoring any possible complications. The best case scenario, if the test succeeded they have to keep testing more to reach enough statistical power to conclude the effectiveness of it, but if this happens they will most likely release the news to the public saying we are expecting it in the next few weeks. However in MOST cases it fails and then we basically have to start all over again. 

View Best Answer in original post

15 Replies 15

@Manasui0 

I'm in S.Korea and there is no news about a vaccine.

There was something recently about how the Korean government is helping several pharmaceutical companies work together and secure funding for vaccine development, but that was it. No news about any potential vaccine yet. 

@Jessica-and-Henry0 

thank you for the info is mostly helpful.. but is it ok if yo let me know if you did not hear any thing in after the next three days.,. and I will shut this hoax.. just really hope I can see my Family, cause my parents is too old ..

I really deeply appreciate your info If you don't mind helping us, particularly me.. 

Sincerely, 

Jeffrey Bong
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

There is no way that a vaccine could have been developed so quickly and gone through the testing process to check for side effects etc, before it can be released to the public @Manasui0 

Sadly lots of misinformation around these types of myths.

I would say have a look at WHO, John Hopkins, BBC, Reuters for reliable factual information regarding the corona virus.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/19/coronavirus-vaccine-when-will-we-have-one

@Manasui0   In addition to Helen's tips, you can also check the primary sources (i.e. peer-reviewed science journals) on current Covid-19 research for free via Google Scholar:  https://scholar.google.com/ . 

Approach skeptically anything you see in social media or web news aggregators - these resources are designed to play on your emotions to generate clicks, and they're teeming with bulls**t and propaganda.

@Anonymous 

thanks for the info

Jeffrey Bong
Manasui0
Level 10
Bali, Indonesia

@Airbnb 

Japanesse targeted to have vaccine on mid Juli 

and some one send me this articles

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-52329659

Jeffrey Bong
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

If you read the article  @Manasui0 you will see that it says.

The UK government, which is backing the project, said there were "no guarantees" and it was not possible to put a date on a vaccine.

The first patients are expected to take part in the Oxford trials next week. However, it is still too soon to know whether it will be either safe or effective.

Most experts still estimate it will take 12 to 18 months to develop and manufacture a vaccine.

I'm personally a biomedical scientist and I can tell you there's no way to guarantee when an effective vaccine can be delivered. As far as I know there are at least 20 different vaccines developed in various ways that are being tested with volunteers worldwide, while in US it seems 6 of them are bearing the best hope. The volunteer test is conducted by "cycles" where you inject the vaccine to the volunteers (like 500, or 1000 healthy people) and then test the antibodies concentration in blood after like 2 weeks while monitoring any possible complications. The best case scenario, if the test succeeded they have to keep testing more to reach enough statistical power to conclude the effectiveness of it, but if this happens they will most likely release the news to the public saying we are expecting it in the next few weeks. However in MOST cases it fails and then we basically have to start all over again. 

@Helen3 @Nanxing0 

the first article that was written in Indonesia stated

a vaccine that is being develop at S. Korea develop by 'Gilead Sciences" that works together with Chicago research facility, has found a bright result and an increase on share markets.. how ever a trial test will occur in the next 3 - 4 month.. until it will go through mass production 

Jeffrey Bong

@Manasui0 That sounds like a BS to me indicating they are still developing it and haven't been able to make any product for the test at all. They probably just successfully devitalized the virus for the first step of making the vaccine.

yes but, they by pass all the animal testing, since there are to many humans willing to be use as research.. 

Jeffrey Bong
Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Manasui0 

I would definitely approach this with caution because there is so much 'fake news' out there. If a vaccine had been found, believe me, it would already be all over the world's news media. I think we will just have to wait and see...

Manasui0
Level 10
Bali, Indonesia

@Airbnb @Jessica-and-Henry0  @Huma0 @Nanxing0 @Helen3 @Anonymous 

Deep gratitude for the Input 

it is true the suffocation really gets too every ones neck.. there has been to many miss fire and miss information.. people jumping with too many information to soon.. it has drive people out of their mind and close for new information.. is possible but is not yet guarantee.. the miss leading title has been most un-pleasurable in this tense time.. 

thank you for all your genuine perspective.. hope to have a better solution in the future.. 

Stay safe guys.. 

I wanted to share some thing in my country.. Back i the days when we advocating for HIV discrimination.. this what considered a great social education 's achievement ...

is video, a person who was sick and went to self quarantine, he reported the case and told the surrounding..

he then got picked up by the medical personal for further treatment.. when he left the house .. the neighbourhood send their blesses, to get well soon and told him to never give up, keep up the spirit.. "ganbatte" some thing to return to, called home.. I thought It might be a great inspiration, to the least we can do.. for showing love in this Pandemic we all are in... 

he is Covid - 19 possitive

https://www.facebook.com/rio.ramabaskara/videos/3100376246640245/?t=21

Jeffrey Bong
Dimitar27
Level 10
Sofia, Bulgaria

Even developed somewhere, the certification process of this vaccine will take at least 1 year. In most cases it takes 18-24 months. The test process is really complicated, because there is no test animals. Some monkeys and genetically modified mouses (mouses normally do not suffer from coronavirus and GM is used).