Opening up calendar because guest left early

Susan4642
Level 1
Laguna Niguel, CA

Opening up calendar because guest left early

Hi... my guest had a change of plans and left early (only one week into a month-long stay). How do I open up the calendar that is blocked?

Thank you, Susan

2 Replies 2
Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Susan4642 

The only way to do this is if the guest cancels (don't cancel yourself as you will face penalties) or you agree to change the dates.

Are you giving the guest a refund for the unspent nights? If not, there's really no incentive for them to cancel. If you do plan on giving them some sort of refund, then that's a different matter. You can either offer them the refund if they cancel or, what I would do is suggest that you will refund them if you are able to rebook the dates, but you can only do that if they cancel, so the sooner they do that the better. Just be clear that there is no guarantee that the dates will be rebooked and you can only refund them for dates that are.

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Susan4642 

PS you can also send the guest a request for a date change, which also means that the dates will be unblocked on the calendar, but that means they will also be automatically refunded for the unspent nights.

You cannot charge the guest for the whole stay and then open up the calendar and rebook the nights without the guest agreeing to it.