Orlando - received violation for zoning

Orlando - received violation for zoning

Has anyone else in the Orlando area received a letter of violation due to zoning? If so, any luck or insight on fighting this? 

I looked up the zoning map and we are apparently not in a zone that would allow tourist homes. However, I am still trying to find if/when this zoning was updated, as we have been renting our mother-in-law house on airbnb for almost 5 years with no problem.

Is this a fight that can be won, or are we all just in the process of getting shut down/pushed out of the Orlando area?

Any help or info would be appreciated!

1 Reply 1
Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hello @Samantha-and-John0 

Sorry hear you are experiencing problems.

I would say that just because you have successfully hosted in an area, doesn't mean that legislation won't be developed to either restrict or ban STRs in an area or for a type of property, which you need to abide by.

Were you not aware that zoning was being introduced in Orlando?

And if so, did you check to see whether you could do STRs under any incoming legislation.

My starting point for understanding STR in my area would be to look on the website for your local government. Have you checked with them?

A quick search on Airbnb brought up this information about restrictions in your area.

https://www.airbnb.co.uk/help/article/874/orlando-fl?_set_bev_on_new_domain=1579649279_8VxCX4RdOF60Y...