Other hosts in northern NJ/NYC area?

Robert8610
Level 2
Jersey City, NJ

Other hosts in northern NJ/NYC area?

Hello hosting community! I'm new to this community but an experienced host in the northern NJ (Jersey City) area. I'd love to connect with other hosts in my area! Do you host nearby? Please let me know! 

Would be open to virtual or in-person meet ups as well. : )

7 Replies 7
Elisa
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Robert8610 😊

Welcome to the community! 

How has your experience been so far?

I’ve mentioned Hosts from NJ in case they would like to connect with you. @Denise1934@Jilvia0 , @Laura7678 , @Rossi44

In the meantime you can find Hosts near your area through our Local Host Clubs here.

Let me know if it helps!

Warm regards🌻,

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines //Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center

Super helpful - thanks, Elisa! 

Hi @Robert8610 😊

I am happy you found it helpful!

Did any of the answers below help you resolve the issue?

If so, it's always a lovely gesture to mark it as the "Top Answer".

Elisa_0-1729003651063.png

It's like a big virtual hug to the member who supported you but also to support other Hosts who may have similar questions in the future. 😊

Warm regards🌻,

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines //Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center

Hi @Robert8610  and welcome! I'm about to be a new host in Jersey City, trying to get my room online. How was this process for you?

Hey there!

Thanks! It was a bit of a process to get the permit and setting up the property and listing, but it was helpful that I'd lived in it before I listed it - so saved me a lot of time in the actual setup of the property. Also helps that I've lived in Jersey City for quite some time, so very familiar with the area. I've been really lucky to have had some success with my listing, which is what's spurred me to join this incredible co-hosting community in supporting other hosts and co-hosts through their journey.

Congrats on setting up your new listing! Are you new to the area? How's your experience been?

We've been here two years now and really love the area, and just finished renovating our two-family home. We live in the upstairs unit, and are trying to list our guest room that is below our 1B tenant who is on the main floor. According to the Ordinance that passed in 2019, we're allowed up to two listings, but our application for our one and only listing was denied because they said our STR has to be attached to our unit specifically, not our "tenant's unit" even though we own the entire building (and live in it) and some areas are common to all of us. So I'm in the appeal process and going to consult with an attorney this week.

How is your building set up? Is it a 2 or 3 family? And did your listing have to be inside your unit? Really appreciate any insight!