Phone Number already in use. Cant connect my phone number with my account

Phone Number already in use. Cant connect my phone number with my account

Hello

I have an account registered to the mail **

I recently purchased a sim card and decided to link it to my account. But airbnb won't let me do it, it says that my phone is already linked to someone else's account. After several attempts to log in with my phone number, airbnb let me into someone else's account!!! (with access to travel history and correspondence) Airbnb programmers how is this possible? Don't you know that phone numbers can change their owners?

I ask the development team to simplify the procedure for linking a phone number

How do I link my phone number to my existing account? Why does my phone number belong to someone else's account and I can't take it for myself?

**[E-mail address removed - Community Center Guidelines]

5 Replies 5

So When I tried to connect my phone number to my account it says -

"This phone number is already in use. You can remove it from the associated account or add a different one"

Does it mean that i can go to  that (not my) account that connect with my phone and delete it? after all, airbnb itself tells me that I can untie the phone from the account with which it is associated

-

Inna22
Level 10
Chicago, IL

@Shukrullo0 please keep in mind that this is not airbnb so I would recommend removing personal information such as your email address. This is a community of hosts (and sometimes guests).

Since you already have access to the other account, go ahead and delete your number from there and connect it to your account. If you are still not having any luck, go ahead and get in touch with airbnb

In the US people rarely change their numbers so this situation is not very likely but clearly airbnb has not thought this one through.

I cant delete number, i can only connect another number. So I decided to delete this wrong account

Sudsrung0
Level 10
Rawai, Thailand

@Shukrullo0 

All sounds a dodgy that does, many years ago I when I first got the phone number I have now had been used by somebody else, for a while I kept getting wrong number calls.

Im not a computer expert but airbnb should be able to fix your problem easy enough.

I do think airbnb should have a extra security feature at the moment just login with email and password maybe they should start by sending out a 4 digit code via SMS to your phone number that people have listed, 

Many sites have extra security features these days, I have an account on one crypto exchange when I log in it sends me a code, and also I have my own personal 6 digit code to enter.

Considering there is a lot of money involved with airbnb all the peoples accounts I think it's a bit outdated,