Plant the seed of hosting with love, and watch it grow and flourish

Sarah5000
Host Advisory Board Member
Adelaide, Australia

Plant the seed of hosting with love, and watch it grow and flourish

What a surprising morning!

Yesterday, I received a last-minute one-night booking. Normally, I don't accept these, but every now and then, I make an exception. I quickly cleaned and prepared the space, then sent the guest a message letting her know it was ready. She immediately responded, asking for the access code and address. At that moment, I felt a bit frustrated—why hadn’t she checked the self-check-in instructions that are easily accessible on her Airbnb account? Plus, her profile picture was just a lake! My mind filled with thoughts like, “What kind of guest is this?”

But, as a Superhost, I knew my role. I offered my assistance and even offered to meet her in person if she needed help checking in. Then, she sent a message that stopped me in my tracks:

Thank you for your help six months ago when I was a new host in Mount Gambier 😀.”

In that instant, I realized she was one of my mentees! I suddenly found myself worrying—what if my place wasn’t up to her expectations?

The next day, she left early but sent me another message:

Hi Sarah, I left a little gift to thank you for your support and time when I started hosting in Mount Gambier. It was so helpful! ❤️

I was deeply touched. I had no idea I would be hosting one of my own mentees. It reminded me of another message regarding his lost his Superhost status, then I responded and received from a member of my hosting club last week.

Thanks for touching base. I remember you helping me set up and get going—much appreciated. Hope to meet you one day too.”

These moments of connection remind me of the beauty of the host-to-host support system. Since the program shifted to connect local Superhosts with new hosts, the relationships we've built have moved from online exchanges to real-life connections. The bonds we create—both within the hosting community and beyond—are what make this journey so rewarding.

To all the hosts out there, you never know when your support and kindness might come full circle. ️ Keep sharing, ❤️ keep connecting, ️and keep growing!🌱

IMG_3199.png

IMG_3143.jpeg

Sarah
2 Replies 2
Jue0
Nairobi, Kenya

@Sarah5000 This is Super…so touching. Well done. Truly proud of you and your kindness. Great as always reading from you and meeting you in person.💝

Jue, Nairobi, Kenya 🇰🇪 

JMM
Sarah5000
Adelaide, Australia

@Jue0 you are my best travel buddy !!! So do I , I always find out many good tips from you too. 

Sarah