Poor review

Gareth237
Level 1
Wales, United Kingdom

Poor review

Recently had a very poor review which if truthful and correct I have no issues. It was full of lies and untruths 2 x for most things from our seemless Check in  to communication when asked for additional key provided ask for us to keep an eye on their car I suggested they park on our drive to his wife thanking us for our help. He then slams us and leaves our unit really dirty smelly with congealed food in bins. And because of this I lost our super host tag. 
Airbnb have been less then helpful anyone else had a similar experience 

5 Replies 5
Kate867
Level 10
Canterbury, United Kingdom

@Gareth237   Unfortunately this guests review does not violate Airbnbs policy in any way so you have next to zero chance of getting it removed.  His comment regarding lack of storage space laughable as one of your photos shows large wardrobes.  You just can’t please everyone and sadly there are those out there who will never be happy and expect Luxury accommodation at Budget prices.  I am sure your ratings will improve as you get better guests.

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Gareth237 

Sorry to hear that. When I read this guest's review, it just makes me think he's a miserable person and a pendant. For example, it's pretty clear from the listing photos and description that the unit doesn't contain a living room so, if that's something he needed, he should have booked elsewhere. Likewise with the freezer. I don't know how long this guest was staying for but really, who complains about the size of an ironing board?

Unfortunately, we do get these sorts of guests every now and again and even one low rating can jeopardise Superhost status if you do not host large numbers of guests (this has just happened to me after 5.5 years of being a Superhost).

Unfair as it seems, you just have to take a deep breath and move on. As @Kate867 says, the review doesn't violate the content policy so it's highly unlikely that you can get it removed. However, the whole review reads like it's from someone just looking to complain. As a guest, I would pay more attention to the other, more balanced reviews. This one will soon be buried under more positive ones.

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

pedant, not pendant. Autocorrect drives me mad.

Gwen386
Level 10
Lusby, MD

Hi @Gareth237 

Totally agree with both @Kate867 and @Huma0   Just remember, “This too shall pass.” However, I do have one thing to add. When responding to an unpleasant review, keep in mind that other prospective guests read both host and guest reviews. So the host’s tone and words mean everything. 

@Gareth237   I'll have to add Mold to the list of British towns with funny names. But it's hard to beat Blubberhouses and Cockermouth.  

Fortunately, your listing is upfront about what it offers - after all, it's called The Granny Flat, not the Ritz. Your target guests won't be deterred by one whiny dude who complains about everything down to the size of the ironing board. Give them a little credit, they can plainly see that he was a bad fit.