Possible loss of super host status from April 2022.

Gerry68
Level 1
Glastonbury, United Kingdom

Possible loss of super host status from April 2022.

This is outragous. Airbnb  are literally  saying that hosts should have opened their doors to guests,  even   through the pandemic  was still rageing, without any concern  for the hosts health at all, let alone the clients.   There's no way many of us will now reach  some of the targets they require by 01/04/22!

For those of us  who worked our buts off   for  what was for many  a 'minimum wage' pre covid,  this is an utter insult and airbnb should be ashamed of themselves for coming up with this  dictorial  ruling. I don't even open until 01/04/22  and I've been closed since  covid struck - a lot of that time on Government instruction.

Gerry 

Glastonbury UK

2 Replies 2
Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Gerry68

I'm sorry to hear you might lose your Superhost status in April, and really appreciate your honest feedback on the status' criteria!

Throughout the pandemic, we’ve worked hard to help our Hosts adapt to the changing conditions of the pandemic, including changing the way we assess Superhost status for existing Superhosts. As travel continues to recover, and after two years of automatically extending Superhost status, we will resume our regular assessment process.

We however recognize some of our Hosts may still not be ready to resume hosting, so after April 1, existing Superhosts with health and safety concerns related to the pandemic will be able to contact Airbnb support to see if they are eligible for an additional extension of status through July 1.

I hope this helps, and stay safe!

Emilie

-----

Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center/ Please follow the Community Guidelines

Gerry68
Level 1
Glastonbury, United Kingdom

Thank you for your promt reply  and  the actions required - appreciated.

Gerry