Potential guest getting weird!

Claire1782
Level 2
Athens, GA

Potential guest getting weird!

Hello y'all!  I have only been hosting for about 10 days and I already have a weird situation.  Someone has made multiple requests for the same dates. I have already declined them twice for lack of information and because their overnight guest breakdown keeps changing. Today they attempted to book the same two nights again, this time instead of trying to rent two nights at once, they requested two single nights, back to back, with different overnight guest quantities on each night. I do not want to do business with this person and at this point I am beginning to feel uncomfortable.   After I decline these two requsts, that means I will have declined this person four times. 

Air BnB support suggests I block this person.  They said in order to block that I must choose "They're being offensive".  I just started the blocking process. After I choose "They're being offensive" then my options are to report them as "discriminatory", "inappropriate" or "hostile". None of thos ereally describes the situation. What would you suggest I choose?  

Claire Campbell
7 Replies 7
Ann31047
Level 1
Atlanta, GA

I would keep it general and chose inappropriate. 

Gotcha!  Thank you!

Claire Campbell

Also, howdy from Athens!  I just looked at your BNB cabin and it is SO lovely!!!

Claire Campbell
Kirsten266
Level 10
Heemskerk, Netherlands

Yes, I would also choose 'inappropriate'

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Claire1782 

It's really annoying that Airbnb only gives us the 'they're being offensive' option. There should be something else along the lines of 'they are making me feel uncomfortable' and 'guest not responding to questions'. 

I feel guilty every time I block a guest when they haven't been offensive at all and I just don't want to host them for another, but quite valid, reason.

@Huma0 Agreed there needs to be a better avenue for simply blocking someone without being required to report them at the same time. WheneverI have to do this, I always use the opportunity to provide this feedback to Airbnb in the explanation field, and clarify that I’m not actually reporting the guest. So awkward. I’m sure they make it that way by design, though. 

@Claire1782 

@Airbnb 

Brittney101
Level 2
Sevierville, TN

I've accepted many guests with zero reviews without issue. Maybe they are new to Airbnb and don;t understand how things work?