Previous owner of my phone number registered my phone number to their Airbnb account. Not much help from customer support. Any advice?

Previous owner of my phone number registered my phone number to their Airbnb account. Not much help from customer support. Any advice?

Pretty much summed up in the title. I have a similar problem with lyft and their customer support literally refused to help me. A ticket was submitted a couple days ago by an airbnb representative, but I am not hopeful. A little frustrating because I imagine the place I wanted to book is booked by now. I would've thought they would do the most logical and reasonable thing and request verification from the account registered with my phone number. Any advice?

1 Reply 1
Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Emmanuel1047   Go back to your phone provider and request a new number that has been out of service for at least a year, if not more.  Customer support from AirBnB, Lyft and other services are not going to help you, as you could be the "scammer" that they are protecting their clients from.