Problems with photo matching government ID (Super Host)

Janette89
Level 2
Bongaree, Australia

Problems with photo matching government ID (Super Host)

I've been a host/super host on and off since 2015. I've been hosting again for the past 6 months.
Today I received a request from AirBnB to add Account Details, which involves taking a photo via a browser or text link to have my photo matched with my government ID.
I've tried for some hours now, using the browser and my phone camera, both inside with/without lights shining on my face and also outside in sunlight. I've taken the pics, my husband has taken the pics, they're all clear, not blurred, not dark or shadowed.
I keep being asked to take another photo as it can't be matched.
I'm beyond frustrated. I called AirBnB and explained the problem, to be told that I have to continue trying, there's no other way to do this.

He said that it is a team of people who are doing the matching, not recognition software, but that I can't talk direct with that team or speak with a supervisor, I just have to keep trying.

In desperation, I took yet another photo of myself and also of my government ID and sent both of those to him, to show that, apart from being a little greyer around the edges and a little plumper, it was obviously me.

He then said that he'd get back to me in about an hour, he'd see if there was another way of getting through this process. But in the meantime, to continue trying. I've tried a few more times, still the same result.
Has anyone else had this problem as a host and found a solution? I need to get this to work in some way as it appears that my payouts are paused until a match is made.
Thankyou, Janette

2 Replies 2
Dhrub3
Level 1
Kathmandu, Nepal

I am facing the same issue too...it is so frustrating

AirBnB did eventually give my ID the ok but it was a long, frustrating process.
I hope it is resolved for you very soon!