Queries but no booking

Queries but no booking

Hi, I'm new at hosting,  Bev from Bella's in Pietermaritzburg.  I've had two people contact me with questions but they haven't booked, is this normal? 

6 Replies 6
Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

To be honest @Beverleigh0  I think you need to put quite a bit more work into your listing if you want guests to book.

You have no profile photo or details about yourself and your hosting style. Having this information instills trust in your guests.

You have very scant information about your listing, the area you are located in, local attractions, what sort of guests are suitable for your listing. And you would benefit from getting a professional photographer in or retaking your photos (perhaps after staging your home). Do have a look at similar listings in your area for inspiration.

Not all guests who inquire book but improving your listing will encourage them. 

@Helen3 @Thank you for your honesty. I was battling finding my way around listing the unit. I'll go back and see how I can improve it with your recommendations

Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Beverleigh0 how does your price compare to other similar listings local to you?

@Mike-And-Jane0  I have a 20% for the first 3 bookings, as an opening special. The other listings local to me are more expensive than my price. Even though I did list at R600 but when I went on my listing it was less, still trying to understand how this all works.

Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Beverleigh0 make sure you have smart pricing turned off. Also when you look at your competition you are seeing the price a guest pays - To be competitive with this the price you put on your listing needs to be 15-20% cheaper so that when the guest fees are added you become competitive.

Hope this makes sense

@Mike-And-Jane0  thank you so much, this makes more sense now. I'll go on a little later and upgrade my listing . Have a great day.