Questions about penalty-free cancellation

Nanxing0
Level 10
Haverford, PA

Questions about penalty-free cancellation

Dear folks I have a few questions about the cancellations hope to get answer from here.

First question is about the penalty-free cancellation. It seems right now hosts can cancel some of the reservations penalty-free. However I don't seem to be able to find a certain definition of criteria that defines the category. From the last email it seems I can cancel anything until the end of June penalty free, but now a guest is showing me that I have until May 15 to cancel reservations in 2020 made before 3/15 penalty-free. A little confused so I want to clarify on this.

Next question is about the service fee. For those penalty-free cancellations I know that both host and guest can make the cancellation but am wondering if it makes any difference in terms of the service fee?

The reason I'm asking is that a guest is requesting to cancel but neither of us is sure about the service fee if it's going to be refunded. The reservation was made in January and it's for a stay in August. There's a cancel penalty-free link on my side though.

2 Replies 2
Richard1828
Level 2
Dublin, Ireland

Yes, I'm wondering about that too. 

If I cancel my guest, penalty free, before 15th May, will the guest be refunded the service charges/fees?

Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Nanxing0 I believe the host can cancel penalty free until May 15th for any booking this year that were booked before mid March.

The guest will only have the old EC policy to rely on for an August stay.