Quick replies don't update

Alison256
Level 2
Tucson, AZ

Quick replies don't update

I created a quick reply with my lockbox code. When I changed the lockbox code I revised the quick reply accordingly, but it didn't update! My guests still get the old lockbox code, even though it appears updated on my computer. What is going on???? THis is really annoying.

4 Replies 4
M199
Level 10
South Bruce Peninsula, Canada

@Alison256 

Simple solution.  Use your guests last 4 digits of their booking confirmation phone #.  Then tell them "your access code is the last 4 digits your phone#".  No need to change that part of your scheduled/quick reply message for each guest.

Just make sure that you program into the keypad their code.

We change codes every changeover.

Hope this helps.

@M199 @Alison256  The only issue I see with this, is some guests may have created an Airbnb account in the past & have since changed numbers. 

I have a pre set message that says: “Your access code is XXXX (the last four digits of the phone number you provided to Airbnb)”

and all I have to do is change the “XXXX” each time I send the message.

M199
Level 10
South Bruce Peninsula, Canada

@Andrea4731, @Alison256 

Really?  Apparently, my explanation was not clear enough.

Tell them to use the last 4 digits  of the phone # on the booking confirmation. 

Ergo doesn't matter what any previous records hold.

Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@M199   Not to beat what may be a dead horse, but the booking confirmation copy that I receive in my email for a guest who has just booked does not show a telephone number on it.  I can only verify the number that shows on their record.  Therefore, I think that the response that @Andrea4731 has provided is best.  

I have had phone calls or text messages come through from guests that do not originate from the phone number that I have on their record.

@Alison256   How quickly are you changing the quick reply and then using it to send info to your guest?  You may want to delay sending for 24 hours to ensure that the update you have entered gets to the "back-end" server that houses the quick reply software.  I.e., there may be a programming delay.