REVELATION! AIRBNB NOT ALLOWING LISTING MANAGERS (DEFINITELY NOT CO HOSTS) ACCESS TO RESOLUTIONS OR REQUESTING OR SENDING MONEY TO GUESTS!

Lisa75
Level 7
Boise, ID

REVELATION! AIRBNB NOT ALLOWING LISTING MANAGERS (DEFINITELY NOT CO HOSTS) ACCESS TO RESOLUTIONS OR REQUESTING OR SENDING MONEY TO GUESTS!

"Listing managers and co-hosts, are restricted from certain actions, in particular they cannot use the resolution center or send or request money from guests."

Why even have someone manage if airbnb doesn't make this possible? 

They can't collect for broken items, pet fees etc.  there's a gigantic chunk of money tied up in this and the fact that even a listing manager can't easily start resolutions when a guest cancels and/or wants money back or complains that a place isn't clean!   

Airbnb has effectively silenced anyone who wants to help an owner manage their properties.  The only way around it is to draw up legal papers on the outside and have the listing manager become "the owner" and start a whole new listing by re-inputting all information as if they own them all.

I've had years of frustration trying to find someone to help only to find they can't do the most difficult part that i wanted to stop doing and stressing over! - Resolutions!

Since it's tax time, i strongly suggest all airbnb owners REALLY figure out how much they make off their airbnb after utilities, internet, cleaners, maintenance etc.  mine came out to an ACTUAL paltry sum of 656.42 more a month than regularly renting out my 4 rental homes.  that means a measley $21.58 a day for all of that stress......i think after 8 years of charting, graphing and raising rents, it's not worth it.

So, without question, vacation rental managers are not worth it if they never have to deal with the headaches.  They just clean, stock, manage and never call airbnb for financial resolution support or battle against a bad guest!  ....... and they want 25% ?  hahahahahahaha!!

THOUGHTS PLEASE!

3 Replies 3
Mary996
Level 10
Swansea, United Kingdom

Hi @Lisa75 

I'm trying to grasp the issues here.... I had the experience of being unable to get involved with Resolutions as a Co-host but as a Listing owner I could (my status in relation to legal title didn't seem to be relevant).

If you have been given the status of Listing owner by the legal Proprietor then (I may be missing something) I do believe you were empowered to act for the Title Holder. Is there any possibilty that the Title Holder has asked Airbnb to withold certain information from you ????

Hello,

I DON'T UNDERSTAND why we have a COHOST if they can't make a claim, get paid, etc.

I'm  a OWNER who doesn't manage the place and I need to be in these issues because Airbnb don't allow them to do it!!!

Resolution center only help GUESTS, not HOSTS, bah... for Airbnb Hosts/SUPERHOST/AIRBNBPLUS

We have two apartments in Tulum, my apartment that is AirbnbPlus for years has two nice cruise bikes, one of my guest who tried to cancel the reservation but I kept the Strict Policy, was very upset about not allowing them cancelled without the penalties. They rented for a month, the first 15 days it was a nightmare of demanding different things... the night 15 her boyfriend got drunk and lost the bike, our security guy noticed the bike wasn't in the rack and asked her about it. She said that "3 guys in a truck attacked her brown boyfriend and stole from him a dusty old bike" (her words) .... I wrote in the HOUSE MANUAL years ago that if the bike is damage, stolen or lost the guest has to paid 500 dollars, she obviously declined but Airbnb requested ME to go to the police to make a police report?????????  and denied to pay me the bike!!!!!

NEVER FELT SO FRUSTRATED WITH AIRBNB

Any update on this? As a co-host I can't make a claim with a guest I have been liaising with. Now it will come out of the blue from my partner's account to the guest. The FAQ actually says that Co-Hosts CAN submit claims via the resolution center but the system does not allow it.