Red flag?

Dora486
Level 10
Frigiliana, Spain

Red flag?

Just had a booking request.   Bit of a strange one for me.  airbnb profile Hanna, guests names totally different?  Also showing payment pending?  Should my spidey senses be on the alert??  

11 Replies 11
Dora486
Level 10
Frigiliana, Spain

Update - spoken with Support, we think 3rd party booking so cancelled 

Dora486
Level 10
Frigiliana, Spain

Hmmmmm dates still showing as bookedand not available..not quite seamless

@Dora486 Are the dates unavailable due to being blocked, or is it still showing as a booking, pending or otherwise? 

Dora486
Level 10
Frigiliana, Spain

Blocked, support tell me I need to manually unblock?  

@Dora486 Hmmm. If they properly did a neutral cancellation, that shouldn’t be necessary. Have you tried to unblock them? It may have been registered as a host cancel.

Dora486
Level 10
Frigiliana, Spain

Tried to unblock but no joy, await update from support.  It was all going so well!

@Dora486 Yep, must have been registered as a host cancel. How annoying. Support isn’t so supportive at times. 

Dora486
Level 10
Frigiliana, Spain

@Colleen253 It was all going so well.  New support guy on the case now, hey ho!  

@Dora486 Darn. This a prime example of why it’s sometimes hazardous to involve ‘support’. 

Generally, I try to avoid doing so until there just is no other choice. Then I proceed very cautiously. 

Did you question the guest as to what was going on before contacting Airbnb? 

@Colleen253 All sorted!  Booking cancelled, penalty free and dates released…bit of a mission but got there in the end

Dora486
Level 10
Frigiliana, Spain

@Colleen253   thank you for your support and advice last night x I did reach out to guest but by the time  she’d replied it had already been cancelled.  Said it was her nickname, but that didn’t explain why her reviews all mentioned different guest names?  Maybe lots of nicknames?