Redesign Feedback - Things we can work on

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Redesign Feedback - Things we can work on

Hi everyone,

We hope you are enjoying exploring our new and improved space here on the Airbnb Community Center! We wanted to create this topic so you can all share your thoughts on any bugs, issues or ideas of improvements we can consider as we continue to evolve our space, together. By posting your feedback in this specific post you'll help us make sure your ideas and opinions are not missed. 

Thanks,

Stephanie

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

61 Replies 61

Hi Emilie,

still no host circle icon. I saw it once and then never again. I miss it!

Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Basha0 Do you not see it even when logged in? It would only appear when you are. 

If it's not working at all, could you please send me a screenshot of the homepage showing you're logged in (your avatar appears in the top right corner to signify it) and the board doesn't appear? It'd be useful as well to know whether you're seeing this on mobile, desktop, or both!

Thank you, 

Emilie

-----

Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center/ Please follow the Community Guidelines

Hi Emilie,

I am logged in on a mobile device.

this morning I went to topics and found it but it would be nice not to go the extra 2 steps 

Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Basha0 If you are logged in, it should appear on the homepage as well so without the extra step ; here's a screenshot from my own mobile view, could you show me how yours look if it's different please?

Screenshot 2022-11-21 at 13.28.32.png

Thank you!

Emilie

-----

Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center/ Please follow the Community Guidelines

Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi everyone, 

Thank you for all your feedback on our new Community Center design! We know there are a few kinks to iron out, and we appreciate your help and patience while we work on those.  We’re sifting through all your comments and are looking to address the following asap:

• The ability to view Airbnb profiles and listings from your CC profiles is coming back
  • Accessing the latest reply to a thread from the content feed, whether on the homepage or on a board, will be added as well, so you’ll be able to click on "last reply" to get to the most recent comments.

Beyond these elements, we will also continue looking at how to improve the Community Center further based on your feedback and suggestions, so keep sharing your thoughts with us!

Thanks 🙂

Emilie

@Mike-And-Jane0 @Gillian166 @Huma0 @Flavia202 @all

-----

Gillian166
Level 10
Hay Valley, Australia

@Stephanie  couple more things. 

there should be a "reply" button at the bottom of each page. currently it's at the top, which is annoying, or you might find you hit reply on another person's comment, which will upset the flow of the conversation. 

I think a board devoted to new hosts is needed (esp if there's going to be a push to increase hosts numbers, you're going to get an increase of questions here). there's no "critique my listing" and now I'm assuming that was done on purpose, because we no longer have access to a host's listing. 

This is a shame, I can't see how the community can be as helpful without this feature. 

Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Gillian166 We're working on bringing the link to Airbnb profile links back as soon as possible. 🙂

In terms of Critique my listing, we created a label within the Manage my Listing board, which is solely dedicated to these types of posts: 

Screenshot 2022-11-07 at 09.27.02.png

Thanks for all your suggestions regarding the flow of conversations, board structure, etc - we're planning on updating an iterating the CC further based on all your feedback and will keep you updated as we go!

Emilie

-----

Clara116
Level 10
Pensacola, FL

@Stephanie @Emilie Hey I've been off line last week....but now seeing the new design and WOW, I'm trying to navigate all the changes. Its so strange when everything changes all at once. I read that hosts profiles will soon show their listings again?? That was always important, because we learned so much about a host and the person posting from their listings, their reviews and how they responded to them, another telling part when trying to assist or give feedback to a host struggling or having challenges. That way we weren't going blind in our responses and I didn't realize how valuable it was until I tried to do just that in my reply - it was like a handicap for me. I became dependent on that ability. So I'll be glad when host listings return.

Having to scroll back to post beginning is tricky?? Not sure why that's happening. 

I do miss the most recent post - and its a little confusing when post from a year ago show, and surely there are really recent post. How frustrating it can be when posting about a situation that actually occurred over a year ago. Everything seems to be a time sensitive these days and being current is critical.....so I'm not likely to post on a year old or more post. 

My first impression of the opening page was: WOW its designed and super focused for all new HOSTS. I do see Host Circle, but miss Interests and other places devoted to a theme. The exchange between hosts seemed to be really Community like in those groups. 

More later - my first impressions. 

Oh, after thought- who decides BEST ANSWER on a post?? I just posted on the Vacasa dirty place post and the best answer was posted by the Poster??? How can the poster give their own best answer, THEN why post? Its a very weird post anyway, with pics and gripes - I think designed to get other hosts onboard to say negatives against the place - my problem was these guests staying 10 mins in such a place that had a $295 cleaning fee....truly???  just sayin...

Mariann4
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

The replies to topics are now posted backwards with the newest on top. This makes a thread impossible to read. Yoo have to go to the final page of the comments, scroll a little bit up, then read down that comment thread, then scroll up and read a more recent comment that often also reply to the first comment, then read down again. This is not the way ANYTHING is read. Not even knitting receipes.

@Mariann4 I'm sorry but the community centre is still easier to read than a knitting pattern!

Haha @Mike-And-Jane0 

You might be right on that one if you don't know the knitting alphabet. But the pattern is still read from the bottom right corner to the top left. Not up, down, back up and then down to click on the previous page... 😊

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hi @Stephanie 

Glad to hear Airbnb is reinstating the ability to link to listings and profiles of users.

Can we reinstate us being able to easily go to the last post and have the reply function reinstated when you read the posts you then have to go all the way back to the top to reply.

Also the useful contact Airbnb  post has disappeared. How to contact Airbnb is one of the most common questions. Can you add as a stickie to the top of each of the groups.

Could you also have a stickie to reinforce the terms which say this community shouldn't be used for commercial advertising.

Finally I see lots of posts from hosts looking for cohosts in their area. Could you perhaps start a separate group for them and have a stickie that links to local host groups.  Also some guidance for hosts on what to look for in a cohost/management company could be useful (happy to work with you on an intro piece).

Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thanks for all the suggestions @Helen3! The profile links and the ability to go to the latest reply are the first two things we're looking at updating, but we'll continue to work through your feedback to inform more changes as we go, so this is incredibly useful. 

For the latest reply, would you find it better if it linked to the latest reply you've read on the topic, or the very last reply posted on it? @Mike-And-Jane0 @Gillian166 same question to you both as you touched on this earlier on as well - would love to hear your thoughts on this one. 🙏

Regarding co-Hosts, we've created a label within Manage your listing for this exactly, however there's always more we can do, so thanks for your ideas (and generous offer) 😃

Screenshot 2022-11-08 at 09.20.38.png

Emilie

-----

@Emilie I think it needs to link to the latest reply (not the latest reply I have read). I think that is what it used to do which worked fine. If it linked to the last reply I have read it would be a link going to a different place depending on user which sounds way too complicated and unnecessary.

Also linking to the latest reply I have seen means I might reply to something way out of date if I have been away for a few weeks.

Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thanks @Mike-And-Jane0, appreciate the quick response! I'll relay that preference. 🙂

-----