Redesign Feedback - Things we can work on

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Redesign Feedback - Things we can work on

Hi everyone,

We hope you are enjoying exploring our new and improved space here on the Airbnb Community Center! We wanted to create this topic so you can all share your thoughts on any bugs, issues or ideas of improvements we can consider as we continue to evolve our space, together. By posting your feedback in this specific post you'll help us make sure your ideas and opinions are not missed. 

Thanks,

Stephanie

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

61 Replies 61

Adorable pups ❤️

Karen
Susan4857
Level 2
Bristol, United Kingdom

Thank you Karen114 - they send you a very excited tail wag back!

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Stephanie 

I have to admit, I am not loving it so far. Why can we no longer see the top posts, or more recent posts, or have a Help category that catches topics not contained in the rather restrictive ones that are now displayed on the homepage?

Also, I noticed that the DMs started being glitchy and difficult to type. 

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Screenshot 2022-11-02 at 20.23.23.png

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Stephanie 

Had to screenshot my response above as the system would not let me post it (see the weird error messages). I am afraid the site is super glitchy right now.

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Cheers @Huma0 - yep the website is still having the conversations moved into the new boards until the end of our day Friday so there's going to be some weird stuff happening. This one we've already shared to the platform developers as it should only show if you posted the same thing like 5 times within a few minutes which I can assume is NOT the case for you.

Thanks

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Stephanie 

No, that was certainly not the case. I got the error message the first time I tried to post it, but now I can see that my comment later posted here anyway.

Glitches aside, as other people have already mentioned, the order of comments within threads makes no sense. While it was useful to highlight in some way what the latest comment was, especially on longer threads, to order the comments from most recent to oldest makes no sense.

I mean then the conversation makes no sense at all. You cannot follow the flow of it. It's really confusing and non sensical. It's like reading a newspaper article paragraph by paragraph, but starting with the last one and moving backwards. On some threads, it really does your head in!

Gillian166
Level 10
Hay Valley, Australia

is this a glitch:
previously i could click on someone's profile and it would link to their listing. that is missing now. 

Gillian166
Level 10
Hay Valley, Australia

1) we shouldn't need to scroll back to the top to reply

2) we need a board that is purely [/rant] cos often that's all we need. a space to share some frustrations, have some hosts validate that, and talk us back from the edge. 

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Stephanie another thought - The CC is plastered with 'see what fellow hosts are saying' and other host centric wording. Is that because I am logged on as a host or because guests are no longer welcome on the forum or is it a mistake?

@Mike-And-Jane0 that is what I was wondering as well, as a non-hosting guest! Not that I have yet fully explored this new look - I could be missing something - but everything looks awfully host-only/centric, with guests not being made to feel welcome 😕

@Johanna394   there was a recent post that was in a board that's not named: airbnb.org community.   Not sure if that's an old board, but the post was new. 

Flavia202
Level 10
Kingston, Jamaica

@Stephanie 

Still exploring the new look..

Not seeing the usual hosts listings when I click on their profiles. Can we have that option back?

Basha0
Level 10
Penngrove, CA

@Stephanie  what happened to the host circle? It was a helpful forum to comment frankly with concerns and questions 

Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Basha0 The Host Circle is still there!

You can access it via the homepage as shown below, or by clicking into Topics on the top right corner of your screen :

Screenshot 2022-11-04 at 14.56.04.png

I hope this helps, but if you're still running into issues finding it please let us know!

Emilie

-----

Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center/ Please follow the Community Guidelines