Request for Identity text not working

Jack1480
Level 2
Colorado Springs, CO

Request for Identity text not working

I am in the process of making a new reservation. I haven't make one in a couple of years.

I go through the reservation process and the web says

Almost done! Now let's confirm this ID is yours
We'll have you take a new photo of yourself, so we can match it with the photo in your government ID.

Take photo with the Airbnb mobile app

Recommended

Take photo from this browser

So I say I want to take the picture through the app. It sends me a text message and I to the airbnb app, but it isn't asking me for a picture. It's the standard airbnb home page. No place to take a picture from. The reservation is 3/4 made so it doesn't so up that I can make it again from the app.

I retry it, it sends a different link, but the same thing. What's happening. It makes no difference if the airbnb app is open or closed when I click on the test.

1 Reply 1
Rowena29
Level 10
Australia

@Jack1480 

The airbnb site seems to be experiencing a whole swathe of technical glitches at the moment.  I'm assuming this is yet another one.

Hopefully it will soon be sorted. 

In the short term, if I were you, I'd be sending a query to teh host of the place you were intending to book, letting them know what you are experiencing.

Tell them you are VERY keen to book and have tried multiple times but that the logarithm is playing up ad not allowing you to proceed.

It may not do you any good, but it can't hurt -  the host may consider holding the dates for you, especially if it's not too soon and the problem does not last for too long.  

Other hosts may have further ideas.

Good luck!