Requirment to Reserve condo

Brenda1069
Level 1
Huntingburg, IN

Requirment to Reserve condo

I went to reserve a condo thru Airbnb. They have my credit card number, a photo, email address and phone number. Then I was asked to upload a government ID to prove I am who I said I was. I am a senior citizen and do not use the high tech gadgets. I was unable to make this requirement and therefore lost the reservation. Airbnb has enough info (credit card #, etc .) to make a reservation and trusted them with my personal info why do they not trust me to say I am who I say I am. I will no longer be able to reserve thru Airbnb if this is required to use their services. 

2 Replies 2
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

RR@Brenda1069 You tried to book a listing where verified ID is a requirement. Not all listings have this requirement so you can try other one.

But it would be good if someone could help you to upload a government ID , maybe your children, grandkids, a young neighbor...? Basically your ID should be photographed with a phone and uploaded on your Airbnb account

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Brenda1069  They don't trust users to be who they say they are because there are unfortunately a lot of dishonest people in the world.

As advised, not all hosts require verified ID ( I don't) and you'll likely find more hosts who don't if you don't try to book places that use Instant Book, but ones that require you to send a booking request.